Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Registration and license
1339 12 2018-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Scarpat1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 149039 ft
United Kingdom

Hello just a couple of questions I would like to ask, I was speaking to a friend of mine about drone and he was saying that I need a license to fly my drone? Is that correct? And also Do I need to register my drone? Is yes to either how do I go about doing it. I would be grateful for any advice
I have a DJI Phantom 4 pro just use it for private use
Paul
2018-6-19
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Where you do live?
2018-6-19
Use props
Aerial-Image
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No licence required in the UK for recreational flying but you will need to register it after 2019 with the CAA...but do get some 3rd party insurance with FPV.org or BMFA its cheap enough !
2018-6-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello. You must have a DJI account to use the Product. By agreeing to these Terms, you represent and warrant to us that: (a) you are at least 18 years of age; (b) you have or will have a DJI account at such time that you attempt to use the Product, and (c) your activation and your use of the Product is in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. If you are agreeing to these terms or using the Product on behalf of an entity, organization, company, or individual, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind that organization or individual to these Terms and you agree to be bound by these Terms on behalf of that organization or individual. For more information about the terms and conditions you may click on this link: https://www.dji.com/terms?site=brandsite&from=footer
2018-6-19
Use props
Scarpat1
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi I live in Newbury
2018-6-19
Use props
Scarpat1
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Aerial-Image Posted at 2018-6-19 12:20
No licence required in the UK for recreational flying but you will need to register it after 2019 with the CAA...but do get some 3rd party insurance with FPV.org or BMFA its cheap enough !

Hi
Ok I will have to look in to that
Hopefully insurance should be reasonable
Thanks
2018-6-19
Use props
Scarpat1
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-6-19 12:44
Hello. You must have a DJI account to use the Product. By agreeing to these Terms, you represent and warrant to us that: (a) you are at least 18 years of age; (b) you have or will have a DJI account at such time that you attempt to use the Product, and (c) your activation and your use of the Product is in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. If you are agreeing to these terms or using the Product on behalf of an entity, organization, company, or individual, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind that organization or individual to these Terms and you agree to be bound by these Terms on behalf of that organization or individual. For more information about the terms and conditions you may click on this link: https://www.dji.com/terms?site=brandsite&from=footer

Hi yes I do have a DJI account
Don’t all people that have a DJI drone have to have a dji account?
2018-6-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Scarpat1 Posted at 2018-6-19 14:02
Hi yes I do have a DJI account
Don’t all people that have a DJI drone have to have a dji account?

It is not possible for a DJI owner to fly the drone without a DJI account. It is part of the process.
2018-6-19
Use props
Barney2k
lvl.4
United Kingdom

There's a good guide here on whether you'll need a license to fly in the UK.

The long and short of it is, if you're gaining something, monetary or otherwise from flying, you'll need one.
2018-6-19
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

If flying as a hobby, recreational flight, then at this moment in time no license, nor registration, nor insurance is required.
That will be changing over the next year or so, this Link to the U.K Government site gives the proposals & timelines for the roll out of registration and pilot 'test'.

On the other hand if your were flying where there would be any commercial gain (to yourself or others) then the CAA require the pilot to hold a commercial license and to operate to strict guidelines.
2018-6-20
Use props
Scarpat1
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2018-6-20 00:33
If flying as a hobby, recreational flight, then at this moment in time no license, nor registration, nor insurance is required.
That will be changing over the next year or so, this Link to the U.K Government site gives the proposals & timelines for the roll out of registration and pilot 'test'.

Yes it is a hobby recreational use only,i have just joined FPVUK.org and I have a certificate just in case and is was not to much money for the year.
thank you for info I will check out that link
2018-6-20
Use props
Scarpat1
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-6-19 14:14
It is not possible for a DJI owner to fly the drone without a DJI account. It is part of the process.

Hi I do have a DJI account so think I am ok

thank you
2018-6-20
Use props
Aerial-Image
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Scarpat1 - see these https://www.fpvuk.org/  or  being a FULL INDIVIDUAL COUNTRY MEMBERSHIP http://www.bmfa.org/Join-Renew/Join-the-BMFA for the 3rd party Insurance.
2018-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules