Does Pix4d Capture not support the sensors?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zibzob
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62543 ft
United States

Hello, I have been using Pix4d Capture with my P4 Advanced for over a year now and mapped over 1200 acres. It has been a great combo until I recently ran into a tree. Long story short, I thought that the sensors would kick in. I mean, that's kind of the point of having sensors right? Not using that as an excuse. Totally my fault for poor planning.
My question is, do the sensors only work within DJI GO 4 app?
Does Drone Deploy allow sensors to work?
Thank you for your time.
2018-6-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello. Sorry for this trouble. The Phantom 4 Advanced has  Obstacle Sensing & Vision Positioning. This will work with DJI GO 4 app. However, I cannot confirm if this also works with Pix4d Capture as this is considered as a 3rd party application. DJI is not recommending using the 3rd party apps.
2018-6-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DroneDeploy allows for the use of obstacle avoidance and I'd expect other similar programs would as well just as all the other settings that are saved in the Phantom are used.
There are limitations to the OA sensors effectiveness, particularly lighting levels and the size of obstacles that trigger it.
Your Phantom can miss small branches or wires or larger ones if the light is poor.
2018-6-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-6-19 12:23
Hello. Sorry for this trouble. The Phantom 4 Advanced has  Obstacle Sensing & Vision Positioning. This will work with DJI GO 4 app. However, I cannot confirm if this also works with Pix4d Capture as this is considered as a 3rd party application. DJI is not recommending using the 3rd party apps.

DJI is not recommending using the 3rd party apps.
The moderators here need to find out why DJI release the SDK and encourage the developers of 3rd party apps?
2018-6-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

The sensors are the features of the aircraft, not DJI GO/GO 4. Make sure all sensors are enabled when connected with DJI Go.
2018-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules