Is this how you should get a drone back from warranty work?
2250 31 2018-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Daddy6466
lvl.2

Sent my Mavic pro in for warranty work, that is a different story on its own, and received it back today. I have included a link to the video. Let me know if you feel this is how a warranty company should deliver a drone back to you.
https://www.facebook.com/100007733677084/posts/2163991097201992/
2018-6-19
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Sorry, but most of what you are showing is a very slightly crunched box for which rather the carrier would be to blame and not the sender. For the content of the box, you did not list any damages so far. Waiting for the list. And should there be any damages, you can still send it back.
2018-6-19
Use props
BKahuna
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7425909 ft
United States

I'm sure the box was in pristine shape when DJI shipped it.  Your beef is with the carrier.
2018-6-19
Use props
Daddy6466
lvl.2
Canada

BKahuna Posted at 2018-6-19 13:31
I'm sure the box was in pristine shape when DJI shipped it.  Your beef is with the carrier.

Not sure if you watched the video!  The box, was the same box that I shipped the "defective" drone in.  The MP and remote were individually wrapped in bubble wrap and packed "tight" so there would be no movement during transport.  
The box I received IS the same box SANS packaging.  The MP, Remote and props were "thrown" into the box and a couple of "air bags" placed in the box.  The box was them wrapped with packing tape and sent off.
This box travelled from British Columbia Canada to Ontario Canada.  Numerous trips by land, air, land.  Box was "obviously" mishandled by the carrier BUT if the warranty company, that was referred to by DJI, packaged the "$1500.00 Cdn" like a $1500 package should be wrapped, there would have been no issue.  When I received the box, and shook it, it was like shaking a box of cereal.  I am sure NO ONE would want their investment treated like this.
Thanks for the comment but WATCH the video.  LOOK at how the PM (Sans gimble cover and lock) are upside down on top of the remote.  There are numerous scratches on both.  A question I do have is: with the IMU and Compass being so delicate, is it safe to fly this thing knowing the trip it just had.?

2018-6-19
Use props
Daddy6466
lvl.2
Canada

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-19 13:12
Sorry, but most of what you are showing is a very slightly crunched box for which rather the carrier would be to blame and not the sender. For the content of the box, you did not list any damages so far. Waiting for the list. And should there be any damages, you can still send it back.

Not sure if you watched the video!  The box, was the same box that I shipped the "defective" drone in.  The MP and remote were individually wrapped in bubble wrap and packed "tight" so there would be no movement during transport.  
The box I received IS the same box SANS packaging.  The MP, Remote and props were "thrown" into the box and a couple of "air bags" placed in the box.  The box was them wrapped with packing tape and sent off.
This box travelled from British Columbia Canada to Ontario Canada.  Numerous trips by land, air, land.  Box was "obviously" mishandled by the carrier BUT if the warranty company, that was referred to by DJI, packaged the "$1500.00 Cdn" like a $1500 package should be wrapped, there would have been no issue.  When I received the box, and shook it, it was like shaking a box of cereal.  I am sure NO ONE would want their investment treated like this.
Thanks for the comment but WATCH the video.  LOOK at how the PM (Sans gimble cover and lock) are upside down on top of the remote.  There are numerous scratches on both.  A question I do have is: with the IMU and Compass being so delicate, is it safe to fly this thing knowing the trip it just had.?
2018-6-19
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-19 13:12

If you watch video you can see the Drone was returned without a Camera/Gimbal protector.  And the drone was laying on top of Remote Control's display without protective material between drone and display.  

No excuses, lousy return packing.
2018-6-19
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

im going to agree and disagree about shipping service causing it.  i agree the fault goes on them for how it arrived, very unlikely DJI shipped it out of repair looking like sh**t  however i disagree that it is 100% the shipping company's fault.   Dji needs to work on better packaging. so these ham fisted shipping companies cant damage it as easily.

i learned my lesson when i used to do part time refurbishing work on laptops.  you cannot trust shipping companies will deliver your stuff in tact, they are grunts and are usually hamfisted.. i learned while it is UPS/FEDEX/DHL/USPS's fault (here in the US) that its just much easier and cheaper and faster to package stuff better.. multiple layers and boxes, basically assume it will end up under a mini fridge and will be thrown in and out of the truck multiple times in route.  looks like how Dji packages things for shipment is worrying, definitely wont survive the mini fridge crushing it in the back of the van..which is basically looks to have happened to many people.

edit: finally loaded your video up (slow internet today here).  that doesnt look like was official dji repair center at all.  offical centers tend to repackage it in a original or unlabled box specially designed for the aircraft and accessories... this was just mailed to you in an amazon box....
2018-6-19
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Daddy6466 Posted at 2018-6-19 13:48

There are numerous scratches on both.

Might post a few pictures showing front of R.C. and top of drone.

I am sure NO ONE would want their investment treated like this.

Maybe a few here would, but most of us would not!

2018-6-19
Use props
Daddy6466
lvl.2
Canada

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-6-19 13:49
im going to agree and disagree about shipping service causing it.  i agree the fault goes on them for how it arrived, very unlikely DJI shipped it out of repair looking like sh**t  however i disagree that it is 100% the shipping company's fault.   Dji needs to work on better packaging. so these ham fisted shipping companies cant damage it as easily.

i learned my lesson when i used to do part time refurbishing work on laptops.  you cannot trust shipping companies will deliver your stuff in tact, they are grunts and are usually hamfisted.. i learned while it is UPS/FEDEX/DHL/USPS's fault (here in the US) that its just much easier and cheaper and faster to package stuff better.. multiple layers and boxes, basically assume it will end up under a mini fridge and will be thrown in and out of the truck multiple times in route.  looks like how Dji packages things for shipment is worrying, definitely wont survive the mini fridge crushing it in the back of the van..which is basically looks to have happened to many people.

YES, was a "authourized DJI Repair facility" and I was directed there by DJI themselves
2018-6-19
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Daddy6466 Posted at 2018-6-19 13:47
This box travelled from British Columbia Canada to Ontario Canada.  Numerous trips by land, air, land.  Box was "obviously" mishandled by the carrier BUT if the warranty company, that was referred to by DJI, packaged the "$1500.00 Cdn" like a $1500 package should be wrapped, there would have been no issue.  When I received the box, and shook it, it was like shaking a box of cereal.  I am sure NO ONE would want their investment treated like this.

So why did you not provide all this background information from the outset? Would have made your OP much more understandable.
2018-6-19
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Daddy6466 Posted at 2018-6-19 14:01
YES, was a "authourized DJI Repair facility" and I was directed there by DJI themselves

damn.. well definitely not what i havent seen from Dji centers.  i admit i never done the process myself, but i have seen the return packaging a few times..

that is totally unacceptable! no matter what from a large company.   even if they didn't carry out any work and are just returning it spitefully.  they should have repackaged it like it was new so it wouldn't gotten further damaged in the mail.  

sh*t evenm i returned things in better packaging to customers that demanded i fix something i sold them on amazon.. just so i couldn't get blamed for further damages..
2018-6-19
Use props
Daddy6466
lvl.2
Canada

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-19 13:48
If you watch video you can see the Drone was returned without a Camera/Gimbal protector.  And the drone was laying on top of Remote Control's display without protective material between drone and display.  

No excuses, lousy return packing.

The Gimbal cover and lock WAS in the box but as you can see, not on the gimbal
2018-6-19
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Got to say my repair was sent back well Packaged, don't see how dji got this so wrong!
2018-6-19
Use props
Daddy6466
lvl.2
Canada

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-19 14:09
So why did you not provide all this background information from the outset? Would have made your OP much more understandable.

Was on a mobile phone so 1 finger typing.  
2018-6-19
Use props
Far_North
Second Officer
Flight distance : 278379 ft
Canada

That most certainly is not acceptable.  A little wear and tear on the box is not unusual but the shipper did a terrible job on packing the valuable contents in a careful way.   I do most of my shopping online and have sold and shipped plenty myself too and this video shows one of the worst packing jobs I've ever seen.  Who ever packed that MP and controller into that box really just didn't care.  No doubt that MP and RC were tumbling around in that box the whole trip.    I also live in Canada (Ontario) and would really appreciate a PM with the name of the repair facility so I can avoid it.  
2018-6-19
Use props
Daddy6466
lvl.2
Canada

Daddy6466 Posted at 2018-6-19 14:22
The Gimbal cover and lock WAS in the box but as you can see, not on the gimbal

Actually what you didnt or dont see is the MP, Controller and 4 propellers, Gimbal cover and lock were all rattling around in the box.  Inside the box was 5 air filled packing bags.  Each item was banging around inside the box from BC to Ontario and by the looks of the box, was thrown around a few times.
2018-6-19
Use props
Daddy6466
lvl.2
Canada

M2Wair Posted at 2018-6-19 14:29
Got to say my repair was sent back well Packaged, don't see how dji got this so wrong!

Not DJI, Authorized repair facility though.  I am sure DJI will see the neglect and make it right.  
2018-6-19
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

That is crappack! Wouldn't store my trash that way!
2018-6-19
Use props
Daddy6466
lvl.2
Canada

Far_North Posted at 2018-6-19 14:30
That most certainly is not acceptable.  A little wear and tear on the box is not unusual but the shipper did a terrible job on packing the valuable contents in a careful way.   I do most of my shopping online and have sold and shipped plenty myself too and this video shows one of the worst packing jobs I've ever seen.  Who ever packed that MP and controller into that box really just didn't care.  No doubt that MP and RC were tumbling around in that box the whole trip.    I also live in Canada (Ontario) and would really appreciate a PM with the name of the repair facility so I can avoid it.

Its the only DJI AUTHORIZED repair facility in Canada.  If you need a repair AND live in Canada AND still under warranty, this is where you send your drone.  Good Luck
2018-6-19
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

Yes that is rather unfortunate how your Mavic Pro was shipped back to you. Unfortunately, I think that is customary for how DJI Support ships back warranty drones. Obviously it would be nice if DJI just packaged all serviced drones in an official DJI logo box that better housed drones. It wouldn't be that much more costly for DJI plus all companies have warranty insurance that caps their costs. I have to ship in my Mavic Pro for service, but honestly seeing your experience my knees are buckling and I'm not looking forward to the experience.
2018-6-19
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-6-19 15:56
Yes that is rather unfortunate how your Mavic Pro was shipped back to you. Unfortunately, I think that is customary for how DJI Support ships back warranty drones. Obviously it would be nice if DJI just packaged all serviced drones in an official DJI logo box that better housed drones. It wouldn't be that much more costly for DJI plus all companies have warranty insurance that caps their costs. I have to ship in my Mavic Pro for service, but honestly seeing your experience my knees are buckling and I'm not looking forward to the experience.

You might want to invest in a small plastic semi-hard case that comes already foam lined and cut to hold your Mavic Pro.  Then box plastic case up in a sturdy well padded shipping box for return.  I would recommend you put your name and address on semi-hard case too.
2018-6-19
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-6-19 15:56

Just get one of these and send it off with this and a box.  This will protect it pretty well and will prevent them from just putting everything in a box.  Instruct them to use when shipping back.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2018-6-19
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-19 16:02
You might want to invest in a small plastic semi-hard case that comes already foam lined and cut to hold your Mavic Pro.  Then box plastic case up in a sturdy well padded shipping box for return.  I would recommend you put your name and address on semi-hard case too.

Yup after seeing this I would ship mine in this https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Would at least protect better than just in an empty box.
2018-6-19
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-19 19:02
Yup after seeing this I would ship mine in this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074VZK8CV/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Would at least protect better than just in an empty box.

If Case Club sold this plastic case separately, at a fair price, it would make a good shipping case.  Foam is pre-cut to fit Mavic Pro.  
I would still put that case inside a well padded cardboard box.  I have seen to many boxes damaged in shipping.   Even a power generator's outside metal panels damaged by careless forking.  
If there is a way, they will.

(Sorry about overly large picture, Forum picture attachment didn't offer a way to shrink it.)

2018-6-19
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-19 16:02
You might want to invest in a small plastic semi-hard case that comes already foam lined and cut to hold your Mavic Pro.  Then box plastic case up in a sturdy well padded shipping box for return.  I would recommend you put your name and address on semi-hard case too.

You make a good suggestion and I actually have a bunch of those cases that house my Tiny Whoops that I can use, as I certainly wouldn't ship the Mavic Pro out too gingerly.
2018-6-19
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-19 19:02
Just get one of these and send it off with this and a box.  This will protect it pretty well and will prevent them from just putting everything in a box.  Instruct them to use when shipping back.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074VZK8CV/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My Mavic Pro hasn't had too many flights, it's still relatively new and in mint condition. I read posts that DJI ships you back a different Mavic Pro with another serial number, so I'm guessing i'll get back a refurbished drone?
2018-6-19
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-6-19 20:25
My Mavic Pro hasn't had too many flights, it's still relatively new and in mint condition. I read posts that DJI ships you back a different Mavic Pro with another serial number, so I'm guessing i'll get back a refurbished drone?

If DJI does sometimes send back a refurbish drone...

Would be nice to know - Is there a way to request your drone be returned, rather than replaced?  (Assuming drone was not severely damaged.)
Even if it costs some more $$.
2018-6-19
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
  • >>>

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-19 20:30
If DJI does sometimes send back a refurbish drone...

Would be nice to know - Is there a way to request your drone be returned, rather than replaced?  (Assuming drone was not severely damaged.)

I don't think there's anyway to have any control over the process. Basically DJI receives problem drones, checks them in, but for liability reasons sends you another quality control tested replacement.
2018-6-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Totally unacceptable. I'd be on the phone straight away if any company sent my property back to me looking like that!
2018-6-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are so sorry for the unpleasant experience with the authorized repair center, could you please help to verify which repair center you sent in? Did you contact them again to report the issue? GTScreenshot_20180620_165254.png
2018-6-20
Use props
Daddy6466
lvl.2

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-6-20 00:55
We are so sorry for the unpleasant experience with the authorized repair center, could you please help to verify which repair center you sent in? Did you contact them again to report the issue?[view_image]

Yes, Vision up BC. And YES’ I’ve sent an email with no response
2018-6-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Daddy6466, we are sincerely sorry for the unpleasant experience. We've already forwarded your concern to our higher department . Please be advised that one of our Higher department will give you a call back within 24 to 48 business hours. Thank you.
2018-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules