Cannot Transfer Photos Unless I Change Picture Numbers
473 6 2018-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkyEye21
lvl.3
United States

I fly my drone daily shooting pictures and now video...........when im done editing and posting i transfer all pics and videos into a Master Folder.
However, I have a problem transfering them over and get the message below,

DJI_0016.jpg already exists in this location.  Do you want to replace it with the one you are moving?
KEEP BOTH.  STOP.  REPLACE

This is a huge problem because i have to go back to every photo and add a random number to the photo name,
in this case changing it from DJI_0016.jpg to DJI_0516.

Imagine Re-Numbering Every Photo.  So can you pass a message to the programers at DJI to make changes so the numbers continue to count up,
INSTEAD OF RESSETTING TO ZERO AGAIN..........like my Cannon Camera.........or is there a setting in the DJI program that will do this?

Please read and forward screeenshot...................and maybe they can make changes because its a lot of work for nothing to re-number every photo taken
by this awesome drone
2018-6-19
Use props
SkyEye21
lvl.3
United States

2018-6-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The simple solution is not to dump all your work in the same folder.
Have an "umbrella folder like Phantom Images or Aerial Photography.
Each day you fly, before copying your work to the computer, rename the 100Media folder on your SD card to something with the date and a location or description.
Then copy today's folder into the umbrella folder.
Problem solved.
2018-6-19
Use props
SkyEye21
lvl.3
United States

Labroides Posted at 2018-6-19 20:07
The simple solution is not to dump all your work in the same folder.
Have an "umbrella folder like Phantom Images or Aerial Photography.
Each day you fly, before copying your work to the computer, rename the 100Media folder on your SD card to something with the date and a location or description.

aaaahhh I see...................each time you fly will have a seperate folder with that batch.  The only problem I see is I can't browse all my pictures at once............I hope they change it so the numbers continue counting like a photo odometer .........cheers mate.   
2018-6-19
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft

You need to go into your camera settings, tap on the cog settings icon and go to File Index Mode and set it to continuous. This will then number the photos continuously up to 999. Unfortunately it won't go any higher at this time. At the moment, you have the setting that starts at 001 each time you start the drone.
2018-6-19
Use props
SkyEye21
lvl.3
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2018-6-19 22:31
You need to go into your camera settings, tap on the cog settings icon and go to File Index Mode and set it to continuous. This will then number the photos continuously up to 999. Unfortunately it won't go any higher at this time. At the moment, you have the setting that starts at 001 each time you start the drone.

Let me fire it up and follow your instructions
2018-6-19
Use props
SkyEye21
lvl.3
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2018-6-19 22:31
You need to go into your camera settings, tap on the cog settings icon and go to File Index Mode and set it to continuous. This will then number the photos continuously up to 999. Unfortunately it won't go any higher at this time. At the moment, you have the setting that starts at 001 each time you start the drone.

I found it and changed it, thank you very much
2018-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules