DJI app permissions
3949 6 2018-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hawk2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3661 ft
Canada

I noticed that when I tried to download the DJI app GO for products before P4 that soe of the permissions did not make sense.

Example
Camera
Microphone
Bluetooth
Device ID & call information

When in flight the DJI does not use the phones camera or microphone? Is there something I am not aware. Communications with the drone cannot be made through Bluetooth.
I know there is a new DJI privacy statement so I ahve to ask how does the Device ID and call infomration come inot place?  

In the previous version I did not even activate the celluar service on the phone unless required for follow me home as an example. But Device ID & call information allows the app to determine the phone number and device ID, whether a call is active and the remote number connected by a call.

2018-6-19
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Just guessing, but do you have a Phantom 3 Standard? First thing to know is that the Go App has nothing to do with phone calls, phone numbers and connections to the internet. Nor does it use the phones microphone or camera. And the aircraft is not controlled via Bluetooth either. The aircraft is controlled via a two way radio link between the RC control unit and the aircraft. The RC unit also connects to your phone or tablet via WiFi to provide you with the flying display.

If you could better explain your problem we might be able to help you.
2018-6-19
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. About the DJI Go app, the reason why it shows some requirements that don't need in your drone is because there are other units like Osmo that has those components.
2018-6-20
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Microphone is deffo needed for caching audio...
2018-6-20
Use props
Hawk2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3661 ft
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-6-20 04:17
Hello. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. About the DJI Go app, the reason why it shows some requirements that don't need in your drone is because there are other units like Osmo that has those components.

Which drone requires the camera and microphone on the phone
2018-6-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hawk2 Posted at 2018-6-20 23:00
Which drone requires the camera and microphone on the phone

Not a drone but as mentioned above, the Osmo (which also uses the app) does.

If you are concerned, this might interest you:
https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2018/ ... inese-spying-fears/
2018-6-21
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hawk2 Posted at 2018-6-20 23:00
Which drone requires the camera and microphone on the phone

It's actually not a drone. It's our Osmo series.
2018-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules