HELP!! Is this part fix-able myself?
652 15 2018-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse890270e
New

United States

Hi guys,

I am new to here but I have already bought my Mavic Pro for a year and a half, the reason is that it works perfectly.

However, when I checked it today, I just realized this part is broken, I don't know how to describe it, just check the pic, plz.

Hope you guys can give me some ideas, if I can fix it myself or should I send it back to DJI? thanks a lot!
2018-6-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would return it as that is basically the camera/gimbal unit - it is also the most expensive part of the drone. How did it happen? Did you crash or land too hard on a rock?
2018-6-20
Use props
babibada
New

United States

A CW Posted at 2018-6-20 01:03
I would return it as that is basically the camera/gimbal unit - it is also the most expensive part of the drone. How did it happen? Did you crash or land too hard on a rock?

No... I don't even know... But this is just a small cover behind the camera, do you think whole gimbal unit needs to be replaced?
2018-6-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

babibada Posted at 2018-6-20 01:17
No... I don't even know... But this is just a small cover behind the camera, do you think whole gimbal unit needs to be replaced?

Potentially. Unless you know exactly how to dismantle the camera unit and rebuild it I would return it. It may be covered un warranty. If you attempt to repair it yourself you will immediately void any warranty on the drone...
2018-6-20
Use props
babibada
New

United States

A CW Posted at 2018-6-20 01:19
Potentially. Unless you know exactly how to dismantle the camera unit and rebuild it I would return it. It may be covered un warranty. If you attempt to repair it yourself you will immediately void any warranty on the drone...

My warranty is expired anyway...
2018-6-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

babibada Posted at 2018-6-20 01:44
My warranty is expired anyway...

In that case it's up to you as you'll have to pay anyway. Just be careful not to exacerbate the damage trying to repair it yourself or the bill could be bigger.
2018-6-20
Use props
Gregbella
Second Officer

Yes definitely send it off for repair
2018-6-20
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Check Youtube for videos on gimbal replacement. If this is in your wheelhouse then i say try it. If you fail then you can pay for repairs or sell for parts and fly kites instead. ;)
2018-6-20
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

If only that cover is broken and you're able to source a replacement cover, it's an easy fix. You just need to remove those two screws and swap it out. Check out this video to see an example of someone replacing it.
2018-6-20
Use props
babibada
New

msinger Posted at 2018-6-20 02:39
If only that cover is broken and you're able to source a replacement cover, it's an easy fix. You just need to remove those two screws and swap it out. Check out this video to see an example of someone replacing it.

Thank you sir, but where I am supposed to get this cover?
2018-6-20
Use props
babibada
New

A CW Posted at 2018-6-20 01:46
In that case it's up to you as you'll have to pay anyway. Just be careful not to exacerbate the damage trying to repair it yourself or the bill could be bigger.

I see. I will try myself if I can find a replacement part.
2018-6-20
Use props
babibada
New

Bob Brown Posted at 2018-6-20 02:05
Check Youtube for videos on gimbal replacement. If this is in your wheelhouse then i say try it. If you fail then you can pay for repairs or sell for parts and fly kites instead. ;)

I see. Thank you so much.
2018-6-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

babibada Posted at 2018-6-20 03:41
I see. I will try myself if I can find a replacement part.

Ebay, amazon etc may have something.
2018-6-20
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

nope, it ain't
2018-6-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. I am sorry that a part of your DJI Mavic Pro has a crack. This is not the experience we want you to have with your Drone. The best way on how to fix this is to send the Drone in for repair so that we can check all of the parts of the Drone if it is affected by the damage on the Drone. I will be posting an online link for you to create an online repair request so that you will be able to send the drone in. Thank You.

https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
2018-6-20
Use props
lenabanana
lvl.1
Canada

Honestly, if it's just a cover and the performance is unaffected - I would probably but a piece of tape over it and call it a day.   That isn't the kind of part that is going to cause the drone to fall out of the sky when/if it ever fails, so if it is working fine - why spend a small fortune replacing something that is not causing any issues?  If it eventually causes issues, worry about it then.
2018-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules