hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

3-D Posted at 2018-6-26 11:28
Currently,  this is what my status bar looks like:
[view_image]

It’s a bit like waiting for a bus, you wait for hours, then 3 come along together.
Last 3 blue dots will all come very quickly, when assessments are done and you give go ahead and pay , your drone will be shipped within a day, it’s most likely they will send a refurb if repair is going to take to long, your old drone will most likely be shipped back to China to also be refurbished.
I believe at these smaller repair centres only carry out light repairs , it seems to be mostly replacement or refurb.
2018-6-26
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-26 11:37
It’s a bit like waiting for a bus, you wait for hours, then 3 come along together.
Last 3 blue dots will all come very quickly, when assessments are done and you give go ahead and pay , your drone will be shipped within a day, it’s most likely they will send a refurb if repair is going to take to long, your old drone will most likely be shipped back to China to also be refurbished.
I believe at these smaller repair centres only carry out light repairs , it seems to be mostly replacement or refurb.

Ok, thanks.  I think that this will be light repair since the only physical damage was the antenna/feet being broken off.  But if they run a diagnostic and find something else, then so be it.
2018-6-26
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Here is an interesting update:  

I tried to find an admin on the forum to check the case.  It's kinda hard to find one online, but I did manage to do so.  He responded and said that he would get with the repair team and let me know.  While I was waiting for the Admin to get back to me, I decided to try the online support chat.  
I got a representative who tells me that the case has already been quoted and they are waiting for me to respond.  
Me:  Uh, no.  I have received no communication from support.  I've whitelisted their email address and also marked it as important so that it will show at the top of my inbox.  
Rep:  Have you checked your spam filter?
Me:  Yes.  often and regularly.  It's not there.
Rep:  Oh.  One moment
(5 minutes later)
Rep:  I still need more time.
Me: Proceed
(4 minutes later)
Rep:  Thank you for waiting
Me:  No problem
(6 minutes later)
Rep:  Upon checking here it is been qouted two days ago.What I can do here is to request to send a copy of the quatation email.Is that would be okay?
Me:  that was the received email. No other mail was sent
Rep:  I can resend the quote to you would like
Me:  If i would like? {step back from keyboard & breathe}
Me:  Yes.  please send that to me.  Today.  Preferably  now.  I'll wait.
Rep: I put the request in as high priority.  I apologize for the inconvenience.
Me:  Thanks.  This is unfortunate.  Can you see the quotation?
Rep:  At the moment, I am not seeing that in your case.  that is why we need to request that in our relevant staff handling the issue
Me:  What?  I'm confused.  You see they sent me a quotation, but you don't see the quote?
Rep:  That is why I put this into high priority note and will leave there a notes that you need the unit in your unit as soon as possible.
{me noticing english heading downhill and realizing english is probably second or third language}
Me:  I'm sorry.  I didnt' get that.
Rep:  sorry for the confusion,  as I seeing here it the case status that it is have been quoted but I am not seeing in the case that the quotation is not attach in your case and can't see the quotation email in in my end
Me: So, what do I need to do:
Rep:  Wait.

me:

?itemid=5020960
2018-6-26
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

3-D Posted at 2018-6-26 13:27
Here is an interesting update:  

I tried to find an admin on the forum to check the case.  It's kinda hard to find one online, but I did manage to do so.  He responded and said that he would get with the repair team and let me know.  While I was waiting for the Admin to get back to me, I decided to try the online support chat.  

Please bear with the online support chat staff. These are very committed and friendly people! I can confirm from own experience that they are too much detached from the real action and don't have access to all information. They will go out of their way trying to help you but they are too limited in their ressources and possibilities. An area where DJI can certainly improve. Still I have a lot of sympathy for these staff members, it is not their fault.
2018-6-26
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-26 13:44
Please bear with the online support chat staff. These are very committed and friendly people! I can confirm from own experience that they are too much detached from the real action and don't have access to all information. They will go out of their way trying to help you but they are too limited in their ressources and possibilities. An area where DJI can certainly improve. Still I have a lot of sympathy for these staff members, it is not their fault.

Oh no...  I was not upset with online support.

1. This guy (Albert) is not in the service center where my drone is
2. Albert did everything he could with what he was given
3. My frustration was with the fact that he was not given what he needed to assist.  

As you said, not his fault.  Which is why the step  "stepped back from the keyboard  & breathe" is in there.
There would have been no need for me to go off on Albert.  Albert gave me what he could.  All I could do was what he said.  Wait.
2018-6-26
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

SOOOOOO, because I am very aware that when dealing with customer service, there are 2 things certain.  
1.  You get farther, easier with an even tone, and friendly tone than you do with an angry squabble.  (unless you're really ready to let it all out)
2. The answers you get depend on the rep you're talking to.  This is not unique to DJI.

So I decided to call and see what would happen if i was actually talking to somebody. Here is how that call went

ring ring - recording - push some buttons- get put on hold--rep answers
me give case name and case number
rep does further ID verification
me: confirm id information

Rep:  Ok, so you're calling about the invoice that you need?
Me: Why Yes.  Yes I am (a little shocked, I didn't state why I was calling)
Rep: Ok, let me see... mavic air, mumble mumble, June 23rd mumble mumble OK, sir, the invoice will be to you by the end of the day.  We are sorry for the delay
me: (again in a little awe) uh, um, ok.  well, thanks.
Rep:  Yes.  end of day.  if you don't get it call us tomorrow.
me:  don't worry.  i will.
Rep:  have a good day.
Me: wait, wait
Rep: {disconnects phone}

me:  Crap.  I forgot to ask about expedited shipping  I'll call back so that they can add it.
phone notification *ding
me: Oh.  well there is the invoice.  Just that quick.  and the invoice is just what i expected it to be. Front arm replacements + service fee.  Very acceptable.
still i want to see about expedited shipping.  taking my wife away this weekend for her birthday, and would like to have it.  Maybe possible.

call back.
ring ring - recording - push some buttons- get put on hold--get disconnected.
ring ring - recording - push some buttons- get put on hold--get disconnected. Again
ring ring - recording - push some buttons- get put on hold--get disconnected. Again.  each time i get disconnected right after the recording tells me I'm next in the queue.
ring ring - recording - push some buttons- get put on hold--Finally get connected to a rep

explain to rep i got the quote but i would like to speed up return shipping.

rep: ok, i'll make the request.  please hold
(2 minutes later)
rep: the back office would like to know why you are requesting expedited shipping.
me: because i'm going out of town and would like to take my drone with me.  Please understand, i'm not asking you to pay for it.  I'm willing to pay for it, i just want it faster.
rep: please hold.

We went back and forth like this for the next 15 minutes.  It was basically him telling me that they couldn't guarantee that it would be back in time for this weekend, me accepting that, but still asking for expedited shipping because they are talking about not shipping it before Friday of next week, which would put it in danger of missing my Atlanta Trip, etc, etc.
It ended with this:

I've made the request to expedite shipping.  If you wait for the new invoice we'll expedite it when you pay that.
*here is the thing the new invoice is supposed to be here in 36-48 hours.  They start the repair 24-36 hours after the payment clears.  which means they could possibly not even start the repair until next week.
and even with expedited shipping, it may not make it in time for me to take it to Atlanta with me.

I think i'm just going to pay for it tonight, and let them start working on it.  There is a chance that i don't get it in time for the Atlanta trip.  so i might as well not pay extra, and save that money so i can have someone Next Day Air it to me when it arrives.  I'll be in ATL for a week, so whenever it arrives, i'll have it sent down.
2018-6-26
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

3-D Posted at 2018-6-26 16:50
SOOOOOO, because I am very aware that when dealing with customer service, there are 2 things certain.  
1.  You get farther, easier with an even tone, and friendly tone than you do with an angry squabble.  (unless you're really ready to let it all out)
2. The answers you get depend on the rep you're talking to.  This is not unique to DJI.

That's a very tight timeline, I cross my fingers and wish you luck!
2018-6-26
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-26 11:37
I believe at these smaller repair centres only carry out light repairs , it seems to be mostly replacement or refurb.

Well, I got the invoice (after a little pushing).  Turns out that they are going to replace all 4 arms.  Total for the repair is $193.  Very acceptable.
So  I paid the invoice.  They said it will be 1-2 days before they start the repair while the "wait for the payment to clear"  Since I paid using their preferred method,  I chatted up a rep this morning.  He took the information from the receipt and said he would use it to push the process a long.  

I can easily see how this process can take a very long time if you are not staying on top the process.  They ship using UPS Ground, which is the slowest/least expensive.  Then I'm sure they have have stacks of them sitting and going through this process.  Once received, it goes to the communication team to update the case notes.  Then it goes to an assessment team.  Once assessed, it will go back on a table to allow the communication team to enter information.  Then once they send the information, they will wait for you to respond.  Then they take a few days to wait for "the payment to clear"  Then once that is resolved, they repair and ship, (or just ship a refurb).

I expect that my aircraft will be repaired by the end of the week, and I'll be pressing to get it pushed to express shipping.   There is still a chance I can get it back by July 6th
2018-6-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

3-D Posted at 2018-6-27 07:42
Well, I got the invoice (after a little pushing).  Turns out that they are going to replace all 4 arms.  Total for the repair is $193.  Very acceptable.
So  I paid the invoice.  They said it will be 1-2 days before they start the repair while the "wait for the payment to clear"  Since I paid using their preferred method,  I chatted up a rep this morning.  He took the information from the receipt and said he would use it to push the process a long.  

I only used it once, and it was dji joe here who got mine pushed through, ups ground is very slow in US, I can ship in two days from Ireland to Holland, in Ireland we don’t have ups ground service, only air freight , so dji have to cop for that from this country.
Keep after them, hope you get it back in time. Good luck...
2018-6-27
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-27 08:21
I only used it once, and it was dji joe here who got mine pushed through, ups ground is very slow in US, I can ship in two days from Ireland to Holland, in Ireland we don’t have ups ground service, only air freight , so dji have to cop for that from this country.
Keep after them, hope you get it back in time. Good luck...

I will absolutely stay on top of it.  I'm seriously trying to hold them to the 7-10 day promise.  tomorrow is 6 business days.
Staying on top of them has moved the case along.  My status now shows in the repair phase.  The repair phase has 3 steps.  Repair, flight test, QA.  Right now it shows in repair.

Updates as they come...
2018-6-27
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Here is the latest update:

The MA has been through the 3 stages of repair and is being prepared to be shipped back to me.  My request to get it expedited has been denied, so it will ship back using UPS Ground.
That means that unless it goes out today, it will not be here until Friday.  (because of the July 4th holiday)
but at least it's on it's way
2018-6-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

3-D Posted at 2018-6-28 09:43
Here is the latest update:

The MA has been through the 3 stages of repair and is being prepared to be shipped back to me.  My request to get it expedited has been denied, so it will ship back using UPS Ground.

Well touch wood it will arrive safely on time.
2018-6-28
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-28 10:47
Well touch wood it will arrive safely on time.

Thanks.  by my calculations, it should arrive just in time for me to see if i can get some fireworks recorded on the 4th
2018-6-28
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I'm going to save my final review of the process for after I actually get the MA back and put it in the air. Currently, UPS doesn't even have it yet.  It's on the dock awaiting pickup.   After my own personal tests, I'll post my full and detailed review.  However, i'm going to put this up here right now, and just let it sit.

2018-6-28
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bonus update...  I got the tracking number from DJI, and they are actually sending it 2nd Day Air, so it will arrive on Monday morning.

I had requested expedited return shipping, and was willing to pay for it, but was told that it was denied.  So I'll get her back much sooner!
2018-6-28
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-6-20 12:19
They have very good tracking of the progress.
Even the repair was split in phases when I had my MP repaired.

I did get to see the different phases of the repair, although the last 2 went really quick.

I'm going to write a full review of the process, as objectively as I can.  All in all it was not a bad ordeal.  
I'm looking forward to getting it back and flying again.
2018-6-29
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-26 22:01
That's a very tight timeline, I cross my fingers and wish you luck!

Timeline achieved.   I was lucky in that even though they stated that my request for expediting was denied, they still shipped it 2nd Day Air.  It is scheduled to arrive on Monday July 2nd.
2018-6-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

3-D Posted at 2018-6-29 06:13
I did get to see the different phases of the repair, although the last 2 went really quick.

I'm going to write a full review of the process, as objectively as I can.  All in all it was not a bad ordeal.  

Hope you get i back soon!
2018-6-29
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

3-D Posted at 2018-6-29 06:22
Timeline achieved.   I was lucky in that even though they stated that my request for expediting was denied, they still shipped it 2nd Day Air.  It is scheduled to arrive on Monday July 2nd.

That is great news, thank you!
2018-6-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Timeline achieved.   I was lucky in that even though they stated that my request for expediting was denied, they still shipped it 2nd Day Air.  It is scheduled to arrive on Monday July 2nd.

Good news so, but we will know more regarding repair and how aircraft works when you test, it has been a good thread especially for those who would like to know the process for it’s good and bad points, so really helpful from that point. Hopefully completed picture will show a positive result.
Good Luck.
2018-6-29
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Kudos to DJI for shipping it 2nd Day Air, even though request to expedite was denied.

Wonder how much it costs for DJI to return ship 2nd Day Air over standard shipping?
And would DJI let drone owner pay difference when it absolutely has to be there in two days?
2018-6-29
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-29 07:38
Good news so, but we will know more regarding repair and how aircraft works when you test, it has been a good thread especially for those who would like to know the process for it’s good and bad points, so really helpful from that point. Hopefully completed picture will show a positive result.
Good Luck.

That was my entire point in sharing every step.  I'm going to put it all together so that others will know what to expect.  Or at least what I experienced.  So far, it is a positive.  as long as my Mavic flies true when I get her back,  I'll be happy.
2018-6-29
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-29 10:23
Kudos to DJI for shipping it 2nd Day Air, even though request to expedite was denied.

Wonder how much it costs for DJI to return ship 2nd Day Air over standard shipping?

That's what i'm confused about.   I tried to pay for it.    But I guess they wanted to pay for it.
2018-6-29
Use props
Scoobywrx05
lvl.2
Flight distance : 917844 ft
United States

3-D Posted at 2018-6-20 18:10
good point.   

Please allow me to amend my previous statement.   ...If this repair goes sideways, I'm prepared to buy a new bird.  Whatever it may be.

You will get better service than most because you started this thread and dji now knows people are watching. Lol. Great idea on how to get a faster turn around. Lol
2018-6-29
Use props
Scoobywrx05
lvl.2
Flight distance : 917844 ft
United States

3-D Posted at 2018-6-29 16:52
That's what i'm confused about.   I tried to pay for it.    But I guess they wanted to pay for it.

With the vast volume of shipping dji does through ups it didn’t cost them a thing .Usually any company that deals with high shipping volumes buys a shipping package deal for the year at a large discount compared to an individual person shipping something. The reason you couldn’t get the shipping you wanted was because it’s not offered in their contract with the shipping company.
2018-6-29
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Scoobywrx05 Posted at 2018-6-29 21:06
With the vast volume of shipping dji does through ups it didn’t cost them a thing .Usually any company that deals with high shipping volumes buys a shipping package deal for the year at a large discount compared to an individual person shipping something. The reason you couldn’t get the shipping you wanted was because it’s not offered in their contract with the shipping company.

that's just it...  I DID get the shipping i wanted.  My initial request was to ship it 2 day, instead of ground.  The rep i spoke with said that request was denied.  Then magically, they shipped it 2nd day air.
2018-6-30
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

3-D Posted at 2018-6-29 16:52

Sometimes miracles happen. Glad all problems are almost sorted out now
2018-6-30
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

nixuspix Posted at 2018-6-30 03:09
Sometimes miracles happen. Glad all problems are almost sorted out now

I'll take it.  We'll see on Monday!
2018-6-30
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>

OK, so I'm following tracking, and my Mavic has made it back to High Point.
at 6:50am my MA arrived at the High Point station.  It is scheduled for delivery on Monday.

Do you know how hard it is to know that your package is 3.1 miles away and you still won't see it for 2 more days?    It's painful.
2018-6-30
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

My Mavic Air arrived today.  Well, not exactly MY Mavic air.    They actually sent me a NEW Mavic Air.  The first thing that i checked when i opened the package was the serial #.   It was not my serial number.  It also didn't have an R at the end of it.  I checked the SN and found that it is new and was manufactured on May 3, 2018.

and more good news.  It flies true. Mostly.  It did a little drifting upward on the first flight.  I'm doing  calibrations and will do another test tomorrow.  I should also be able to finish the complete repair service review.

So ends the repair tracking.  I'm back to being able to get airborne.
2018-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules