Does the app talk/make sounds often?
1024 6 2018-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chugger93
lvl.2
United States

I know it talks when the home point is set...but does the app talk anytime else?  I have only flown my spark 2 times now, so I havnt kept track.  However, I'm going on a vacation in 2 days to an area with a beach, amongst other things and I wanna fly my spark.  It got me thinking, it may be loud with the ocean waves, etc.  I was gonna buy a portable speaker that hooks in my phones 3.5 jack. This way I can hear loudly anything that is going on with my spark, even bad things.

I want to justify the $20 tho and shipping it overnight so I get it in time.  However, I want to know if the dji app talks enough to warrant me getting an external speaker, so I have more control over my spark.

Thanks!

2018-6-20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Usually, the app only talks when there is a notification or error showing. That gives another reason for you not to depend on hearing those notification sounds. But if you really want to hear it, we highly suggest using a Bluetooth speaker or headset because you will no longer have a way to plug the jack once you connect your remote to your mobile device. It's just that if you're going to use the Bluetooth of your phone, it might affect the stability of the connection between the remote and the mobile device.
2018-6-20
Use props
AC5FF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65194 ft
United States

Good Luck on the beach shots Chugger!

Just got home from a trip to the beach myself.  Was really looking forward to getting a few shots while there.  However, the beach was pretty crowded for a weekday and there was quite a bit of wind.  Yup, I know winds are normal but they were a bit stronger than I have flown in.  

I had all these ideas of shots on my 16+hr drive there.  Active track with the grandsons running around, helix while we were building sandcastles, etc etc.  Was quite disappointed that I didn't get anything!  But, I decided to play it safe and not risk loosing the Spark or injuring someone because of the winds.

Then; to make matters worse we spent a few nights in the Smoky Mountains.  Our room backed up to a beautiful stream.  I did take the Spark out for that.  Wanted to slowly fly it up/down the stream for some short videos.  Never could get a stable GPS lock so it was staying in ATTI mode. Again, I chose to play safe and not risk it.  Choosing instead to just walk out into the stream and snap a few photos with my own camera.

Maybe next trip?  Heading off to Vegas in a couple months.  May take it on that trip.   Wonder if they'll let me 'active track' film myself jumping off the Stratosphere?  HAHA!
2018-6-20
Use props
chugger93
lvl.2
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-6-20 05:46
Hello there. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Usually, the app only talks when there is a notification or error showing. That gives another reason for you not to depend on hearing those notification sounds. But if you really want to hear it, we highly suggest using a Bluetooth speaker or headset because you will no longer have a way to plug the jack once you connect your remote to your mobile device. It's just that if you're going to use the Bluetooth of your phone, it might affect the stability of the connection between the remote and the mobile device.

Ya I was gonna plug in something to the 3.5  and not use bluetooth..so I"m good there  ;)
2018-6-20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

chugger93 Posted at 2018-6-20 06:27
Ya I was gonna plug in something to the 3.5  and not use bluetooth..so I"m good there  ;)

Alright. Let us know if you still need help.
2018-6-20
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I use, sometimes, a normal headset, but just one earplug, when flying.

Ok, I use it mostly for music, but also the nice lady in the app is talking over them.

And almost every time she is talking to me, it is good to hear it!

2018-6-20
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>
United States

AC5FF Posted at 2018-6-20 06:23
Good Luck on the beach shots Chugger!

Just got home from a trip to the beach myself.  Was really looking forward to getting a few shots while there.  However, the beach was pretty crowded for a weekday and there was quite a bit of wind.  Yup, I know winds are normal but they were a bit stronger than I have flown in.  

Hijacking:
With the Stratosphere I do not see why not.
You are way outside the 5 miles for McCarran, you would be flying within 400 ft of a structure so you can go higher than 400ft.
But I think the active track would lose your rapid decent.

In all seriousness, try the Black Rock Mountains at Henderson and the Red Rock Canyon to the west of Las Vegas. Then there are those Seven Magic Mountains south west of Vegas.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... amp;fromuid=1203321
2018-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules