1408 14 2018-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lifeofpiluckan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 131309 ft
South Africa

Hi guys
Quick question - are there filters available that allow the Mavic Air to capture tilt/shift images?  If so can you suggest suppliers?  Can the effect be created in some other way?
Regards,
2018-6-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi thanks for bringing your query to DJI Forum, we do apologize but there is none yet of a filter that allows tilt/shift images. But rest assured that we will take note of this matter for us to cater to all of your accessory needs.
2018-6-20
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

None that I know of, and none found.  Most people are using software special effects filters to simulate Tilt / Shift camera lens / adapters.
2018-6-20
Use props
TexasAerials
Second Officer
Flight distance : 566952 ft

you would need a special tilt/shift lens on the mavic to create real tilt shift photos.  There are plenty of processing software options that allow you to apply a tilt/shift effect to photos.  I know that instagram has one as well.  
2018-6-20
Use props
lifeofpiluckan
lvl.4
South Africa

TexasAerials Posted at 2018-6-20 12:40
you would need a special tilt/shift lens on the mavic to create real tilt shift photos.  There are plenty of processing software options that allow you to apply a tilt/shift effect to photos.  I know that instagram has one as well.

I have not seen the Instagram tilt/shift - which one is it, do you know the name?
2018-6-24
Use props
lifeofpiluckan
lvl.4
South Africa

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-6-20 12:34
Hi thanks for bringing your query to DJI Forum, we do apologize but there is none yet of a filter that allows tilt/shift images. But rest assured that we will take note of this matter for us to cater to all of your accessory needs.

Thanks! Do any of the other DJI drones have a tilt/shift lens?
2018-6-24
Use props
lifeofpiluckan
lvl.4
South Africa

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-20 12:36
None that I know of, and none found.  Most people are using software special effects filters to simulate Tilt / Shift camera lens / adapters.

Which software do they use?  
I unfortunately do not own video editing software (its not a cost I can currently justify as I don't make videos for sale or even use on any channels) so am not sure how it could be done on videos.
2018-6-24
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

lifeofpiluckan Posted at 2018-6-24 08:45
I have not seen the Instagram tilt/shift - which one is it, do you know the name?

He is saying in their software you can do tilt/shift.  It is not an actual filter but software.  Just look up instagram tilt shift
2018-6-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Thanks! Do any of the other DJI drones have a tilt/shift lens?

Hi, unfortunately there is none yet of a lens that features tilt/shift from our DJI drones.
2018-6-24
Use props
lifeofpiluckan
lvl.4
South Africa

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-24 08:48
He is saying in their software you can do tilt/shift.  It is not an actual filter but software.  Just look up instagram tilt shift

Ah thanks for the clarification! I must go give it a try!
2018-6-24
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

lifeofpiluckan Posted at 2018-6-24 08:58
Ah thanks for the clarification! I must go give it a try!

Anytime and post when you do one here.
2018-6-24
Use props
lifeofpiluckan
lvl.4
South Africa

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-24 09:03
Anytime and post when you do one here.

I shall give it a try.  Wanted to try a tilt shift of moving traffic but will have to try some stills first...
2018-6-24
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

lifeofpiluckan Posted at 2018-6-24 09:11
I shall give it a try.  Wanted to try a tilt shift of moving traffic but will have to try some stills first...

For videos I am sure there are some smart phone apps that can do it as well.  If using PC I know Adobe Premiere can, am sure others but not sure which ones specifically.  I would also look up some tilt shift video apps on your smart phone as sure there is a ton.  
2018-6-24
Use props
lifeofpiluckan
lvl.4
South Africa

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-24 09:13
For videos I am sure there are some smart phone apps that can do it as well.  If using PC I know Adobe Premiere can, am sure others but not sure which ones specifically.  I would also look up some tilt shift video apps on your smart phone as sure there is a ton.

Cool thanks I shall do that!
2018-6-24
Use props
TexasAerials
Second Officer
Flight distance : 566952 ft
United States

I have not seen the Instagram tilt/shift - which one is it, do you know the name?

it is an editing effect that can be applied to the photos, rather than a filter.  the filters all kill resolution and clarity IMO and end up looking like junk.  you can apply certain edits before posting pictures on instagram, and the tilt/shift is almost all the way to the right on the menu if you switch to edit from filters.  
2018-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules