DJI Announcement - See The Bigger Picture - Postponed !
1234Next >
13559 143 2018-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

my educated guess would be a New Mavic Pro
2018-6-21
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Sparky_17 Posted at 2018-6-21 07:58
my educated guess would be a New Mavic Pro

Thank you Sparky !
2018-6-21
Use props
djiuser_drkFYe6gh3jT
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2078228 ft

Spark 4k,120fps.3axis gimbal,lol
2018-6-21
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

djiuser_drkFYe6gh3jT Posted at 2018-6-21 09:30

Nice ideas ! Thank you Sir !
2018-6-21
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
Flight distance : 903350 ft
  • >>>
Spain

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-21 03:40
I will be coming to Barcelona Spain this year with the NEW MSC Seaview CruiseLiner 2018, Aurelian. Just for one day this time.

Have been there twice in Barcelona for a 8 days, the last time was in 2014. My favorite part of Barcelona is the Area between Park Güell and the Tibidabo Mountain. I wish I lived in those Areas, there are Trees, Flowers, Gardens ! Really Beautiful, the Apartments are really nice and modern ! I Love Spain !

Unfortunately I do not know Barcelona. I live at 800 km from Barcelona, in Valladolid.
2018-6-21
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Aurelian (Spark) Posted at 2018-6-21 12:10
Unfortunately I do not know Barcelona. I live at 800 km from Barcelona, in Valladolid.

My God, Spain is so Big ! I googled Valladolid its Beautiful ! Now I remember that Photo of the Roof Tops you took !

Barcelona is very nice too. You should visit it.
2018-6-21
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-21 13:07
My God, Spain is so Big ! I googled Valladolid its Beautiful ! Now I remember that Photo of the Roof Tops you took !

Barcelona is very nice too. You should visit it.

Spain is very big. So far I have seen about 60 different places and I have not yet arrived in Barcelona. Last year I started visiting Portugal too. It is very beautiful too. In a week I go on vacation to Palma De Mallorca. I would have liked to take my Spark with me, there would have been some very good videos. Unfortunately there are very few places where you can fly a drone, and where you can fly a drone is restricted to take pictures or record aerial videos. So the Spark will stay at home but I will take the Osmo with me.
2018-6-22
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Aurelian (Spark) Posted at 2018-6-22 01:05
Spain is very big. So far I have seen about 60 different places and I have not yet arrived in Barcelona. Last year I started visiting Portugal too. It is very beautiful too. In a week I go on vacation to Palma De Mallorca. I would have liked to take my Spark with me, there would have been some very good videos. Unfortunately there are very few places where you can fly a drone, and where you can fly a drone is restricted to take pictures or record aerial videos. So the Spark will stay at home but I will take the Osmo with me.

Did you contact the Mallorca Council and ask them Aurelian ?

I really can't understand why they ban drones, they are losing so much Advertising for their Region !

Example I really love to see Drone Videos of Countries I will visit. Its a FREE Advert for Tourists.

Nice Weekend Aurelian !

2018-6-22
Use props
Ram-UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132648 ft
United Kingdom

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-20 16:20
I so Happy that DJI Corporation featured a Ronin-S Advert in Our Small Island of Malta !

There are ONLY 2 other Maltese Guys here, which I know of on this Forum.

Wow what a beautiful place. You have lot to do bro. Come on get out their with your drone and bring more footage of your beautiful country.
2018-6-22
Use props
Ram-UK
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I am thinking of getting a second drone. But split between Phantom 4 Pro (better camera) and Mavic Pro (portability).
If DJI release MP 2 with better camera then my selection will be easier.

I am waiting................
2018-6-22
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-22 01:14
Did you contact the Mallorca Council and ask them Aurelian ?

I really can't understand why they ban drones, they are losing so much Advertising for their Region !

In the area where I go I'm not allowed to fly or take pictures or videos.

2018-6-22
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Ram-UK Posted at 2018-6-22 02:26
Wow what a beautiful place. You have lot to do bro. Come on get out their with your drone and bring more footage of your beautiful country.

Thank you Ram, I have lot to do now with my work, as Summer has started here.

I have been waiting for Insurance over 2 1/2 months, just last week they gave me the Papers and the Green Light. Hopefully next time it will be Renewals only.

I need to set me things, start a Youtube Channel and get started.

Thank you Ram for your Kind Comments, but when you live your Life in same Country you won't see that Beauty in it, as it gets used to sea, cliffs, resorts etc.... I see other Places Beautiful, like UK ! I wish I had time and money to travel.

2018-6-22
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Ram-UK Posted at 2018-6-22 02:29
I am thinking of getting a second drone. But split between Phantom 4 Pro (better camera) and Mavic Pro (portability).
If DJI release MP 2 with better camera then my selection will be easier.

Ram I just bought some weeks ago a Mavic Pro Platinum, as the price went low and had enough money to buy the Fly More Combo from a Shop in Austria, he fixed me a good price as I have bought the Spark from him too.

If you are not earning from the Footage / Video / Photos, I don't suggest spending so much money. I always wait for Sales or Good Bargains, especially when models are Outdated, as the features between the New and the Old will be minimal.

Then there are those Fanatics who want always the LATEST MODEL. I ain't that type.

After all its what you are capable of doing with your Tools. You can have a Spark and create Incredible Footage, others can have a Phantom or Inspire and you will need a Throwup Bag.

2018-6-22
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Aurelian (Spark) Posted at 2018-6-22 02:37
In the area where I go I'm not allowed to fly or take pictures or videos.

[view_image][view_image]

When its an Island there are problems Auriel.

Malta is about 10-15 times - SMALLER - than Mallorca and Heavily Populated. Over 500,000 People here.

I only had a Nightmare with Insurance as they take so long to issue the Policy, now all is settled though as I received the Papers last week.

If I was you I would take it with me, you know what to do as I know you well how much you Observe the Laws and Rules. You know I admire You a Lot !

If you leave it at home you will be Sorry. Its better you take it and don't use it, then you have opportunity to use it and you leave it at home. My Opinion.

2018-6-22
Use props
Ram-UK
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-22 04:10
Thank you Ram, I have lot to do now with my work, as Summer has started here.

I have been waiting for Insurance over 2 1/2 months, just last week they gave me the Papers and the Green Light. Hopefully next time it will be Renewals only.

I agree on the last one. I lived in front of nice long beach all my younger days but never bothered to enjoy the beauty. Now about 2 hours away from beach and love to go there at least once in two weeks.

2018-6-22
Use props
Ram-UK
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-22 04:17
Ram I just bought some weeks ago a Mavic Pro Platinum, as the price went low and had enough money to buy the Fly More Combo from a Shop in Austria, he fixed me a good price as I have bought the Spark from him too.

If you are not earning from the Footage / Video / Photos, I don't suggest spending so much money. I always wait for Sales or Good Bargains, especially when models are Outdated, as the features between the New and the Old will be minimal.

I don't earn a penny from my photography either but got a full frame DSLR and all the pro lenses. Now starting with Drone don't know how much it's going to cost. It's a dangerous addiction.

I love capturing the beauty of nature, architecture, people etc. Only down side of Spark at the moment is missing RAW format. Otherwise it's not that bad for day light photography.

If you are interested I send you a link to my Photography Page.
2018-6-22
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Ram-UK Posted at 2018-6-22 04:37
I agree on the last one. I lived in front of nice long beach all my younger days but never bothered to enjoy the beauty. Now about 2 hours away from beach and love to go there at least once in two weeks.

For example right now I am interested in going to UK, Scotland and Ireland, as these last years I went to a lot of Sea Resorts, my favorite was Santorini in Greece been there twice in last 5 years, really recommend it Ram if you never went there.

I also won't like to focus now on Mountains and Woods, as Malta being a Small Island, all I see here is Sea, Beach etc... It just normal to be longing to see things you can't experience in everyday life.

Have a Nice Weekend Mate ! Always My Pleasure talking to You !

2018-6-22
Use props
Ram-UK
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-22 04:22

Malta is about 10-15 times - SMALLER - than Mallorca and Heavily Populated. Over 500,000 People here.

It's always to be safe than sorry. Also if something go wrong with my drone at least it doesn't end up in court. Also it's good to proof that we droners are good people and responsible for our actions.
2018-6-22
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Ram-UK Posted at 2018-6-22 04:42
I don't earn a penny from my photography either but got a full frame DSLR and all the pro lenses. Now starting with Drone don't know how much it's going to cost. It's a dangerous addiction.

I love capturing the beauty of nature, architecture, people etc. Only down side of Spark at the moment is missing RAW format. Otherwise it's not that bad for day light photography.

Yes please send it to me Ram.

I am exactly like you, do Photography as hobby usually when I travel with my Wife. I Love to keep records and memories with Photos. For DSLR I use Canon Brand. I have Amateur, Semi Pro Cameras and a Pro Full Frame one too.

Let me send you a Picture I took in Santorini in Greece. This was taken with an Amateur Canon 550D and no photo editing.

2018-6-22
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

This is the Island of Santorini (Thira) in Greece -

Canon 550D (Amateur Camera) -

2018-6-22
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Ram-UK Posted at 2018-6-22 04:44
It's always to be safe than sorry. Also if something go wrong with my drone at least it doesn't end up in court. Also it's good to proof that we droners are good people and responsible for our actions.

Here in Malta the New Rules in 1st May 2018, made 3rd Part Insurance a must. You can't fly without it, to some certain extent I agree as if you hit someone or crash in someones property you will regret not having Insurance, as they can sue you and bankrupt you.

2018-6-22
Use props
Ram-UK
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-22 04:50

You are a bad guy. Nice photos.
Thanks for sharing your beautiful captures.
2018-6-22
Use props
Ram-UK
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-22 04:52
Here in Malta the New Rules in 1st May 2018, made 3rd Part Insurance a must. You can't fly without it, to some certain extent I agree as if you hit someone or crash in someones property you will regret not having Insurance, as they can sue you and bankrupt you.

Here it's not mandatory for hobbyist (I believe) but I did purchase a third party insurance policy for UAV before taking my drone outside.
2018-6-22
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-22 04:22

The truth is that I prefer to regret not having taken the drone with me to risk a fine of 225,000 €

2018-6-22
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Canada

djiuser_drkFYe6gh3jT Posted at 2018-6-21 09:30

This would be a great idea.  My theory is, that if its a Spark 2 or Spark Air, it would come with 4k, 60fps and possibly a 3axis gimbal.  But I still think its a Mavic Pro 2; which would make more sense in theory.

Happy Friday
2018-6-22
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Canada

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-22 04:50

isn't this a spark forum?  LOL

Where are the spark images of Island of Santorini?  LOL
2018-6-22
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Ram-UK Posted at 2018-6-22 05:39
Here it's not mandatory for hobbyist (I believe) but I did purchase a third party insurance policy for UAV before taking my drone outside.

Better Safe with Insurance Dear Ram !

2018-6-22
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Aurelian (Spark) Posted at 2018-6-22 06:07
The truth is that I prefer to regret not having taken the drone with me to risk a fine of 225,000 €

[view_image]

Are they so Strict in Spain ? In Spain do you have to phone the Local Councils and Obtain a Permit per Flight ? Here you can apply for a Permit for 6 Months, then renew it via CAD @ Transport Malta.

Your Drone is Registered as Commercial Aurelian ? I registered as Commercial else I will forget Insurance, I do a lot of Graphic Designs and Photos for Maltese Souvenirs as it my Main Job so being Commercial is an Asset and more Flexibility for me, Normal Hobbyists here are finding trouble Flying the Drones, as if they catch them they can get Fined without Insurance.

Here in Malta they aren't so strict, the CAD Civil Aviation Directorate Inspector, I know him very well via Email and Phone and hes such a Nice Guy !

The only thing that kept me dragging was the Insurance.

2018-6-22
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Sparky_17 Posted at 2018-6-22 06:31
isn't this a spark forum?  LOL

Where are the spark images of Island of Santorini?  LOL

Hihihihihiihih !

Sparky I talk about everything, if someone asks me how to Cook I will give him a Recipe too.

So whatever you need let me know, and I will try to Help Buddy !

Have a Nice Weekend too !

2018-6-22
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-22 08:41
Are they so Strict in Spain ? In Spain do you have to phone the Local Councils and Obtain a Permit per Flight ? Here you can apply for a Permit for 6 Months, then renew it via CAD @ Transport Malta.

Your Drone is Registered as Commercial Aurelian ? I registered as Commercial else I will forget Insurance, I do a lot of Graphic Designs and Photos for Maltese Souvenirs as it my Main Job so being Commercial is an Asset and more Flexibility for me, Normal Hobbyists here are finding trouble Flying the Drones, as if they catch them they can get Fined without Insurance.

In Spain they are very strict. To be able to work with a drone you first have to do a pilot course that costs about 1000€. Then you need to have insurance and the current medical certificate. With the pilot license, insurance and medical certificate you have to register as a drone operator in the state air safety agency. Once you are registered as a drone operator you can work with your drone, BUT YOU CAN NOT FLY IN CITIES OR VILLAGES, ABOVE AGLOMERATIONS OF BUILDINGS OR PERSONS. For these jobs you need a special approval, which they never give you. I have a friend who is a teacher, who teaches for drone pilots. He has all the possible licenses, he even manufactures and sells his drones, all registered, and even so he can not fly in the situations I have described above. So that's why right now I do not have a commercial license, or insurance or anything. I only fly my drone as a hobby and the videos that I do I uploaded to the stock footage agencies for sale.
2018-6-22
Use props
adra2895
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24131 ft
Costa Rica

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-20 16:20
I so Happy that DJI Corporation featured a Ronin-S Advert in Our Small Island of Malta !

There are ONLY 2 other Maltese Guys here, which I know of on this Forum.

Wow, Malta looks great!!
2018-6-22
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Aurelian (Spark) Posted at 2018-6-22 11:32
In Spain they are very strict. To be able to work with a drone you first have to do a pilot course that costs about 1000€. Then you need to have insurance and the current medical certificate. With the pilot license, insurance and medical certificate you have to register as a drone operator in the state air safety agency. Once you are registered as a drone operator you can work with your drone, BUT YOU CAN NOT FLY IN CITIES OR VILLAGES, ABOVE AGLOMERATIONS OF BUILDINGS OR PERSONS. For these jobs you need a special approval, which they never give you. I have a friend who is a teacher, who teaches for drone pilots. He has all the possible licenses, he even manufactures and sells his drones, all registered, and even so he can not fly in the situations I have described above. So that's why right now I do not have a commercial license, or insurance or anything. I only fly my drone as a hobby and the videos that I do I uploaded to the stock footage agencies for sale.

Its really a pity Aurelian, you have so much Talent !

I don't know why sometimes they are doing all these Hurdles, I agree with having some form of knowledge, knowing you, you are one of the Best Legit Pilots I ever spoke to.

Having an Insurance is a Type of Guarantee that you won't be Abusing the Laws and if something happens you are Covered and even others or private property is Covered too with 3rd Party Liability.

All this Privacy Issues, etc. is all BS for me and excuses. When you are Registered take example on me, if I do something wrong they know the Serial Number / Insurance Number / My Personal Details etc... they can track me down. Why should I abuse the Law if my interest is enjoying Aerial Video of Nature and also taking Photos ? Maybe like in every occassion you can find people who abuse, like spying on people etc.. you can say that Cameras are not allowed on the Beach, or not even Cellphones having a Camera, as there maybe people who take photos of people in their bathing suits, or half naked ? This is all Ridiculous ! Usually the ones doing the Dirty Jobs like Spying, Abusing Laws (Height and Distance), Flying in Dangerous Maneuvers are all Anonymous Pilots. No Sane Registered Pilot will ever do these things.

I only support having Harsh Laws on who ever abuses the System, not who is InLine with the Laws. From what I see on Youtube, I Fancy a lot the Drone Videos of People taking Footage of their Holiday, they make me excited to visit that place as the Aerial Footage shows the Place in another Perspective, and is also a Big Form of Advertising of the Country ! I don't know why sometime instead of encouraging people to learn, they make it so Hard ! Seeing to Beautiful Videos I usually make up my mind to Visit the Country, and contribute Financially by going there as a Tourist and spending money in that Country. So the Country I visit in the long run is the one that benefits !

Its really a pleasure talking to You Aurelian, if you visit Malta, I will help you out to get your Drone with you as I have contacts, so don't worry my Dear Friend !

2018-6-22
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

adra2895 Posted at 2018-6-22 13:10
Wow, Malta looks great!!

Thank you Adra,

I bet CostaRica is far nicer Buddy !

2018-6-22
Use props
adra2895
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24131 ft
Costa Rica

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-22 15:55
Thank you Adra,

I bet CostaRica is far nicer Buddy !

You surely won't regret visiting!!
2018-6-22
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

adra2895 Posted at 2018-6-22 16:02
You surely won't regret visiting!!

If I had the Money I would come tomorrow Buddy !

2018-6-22
Use props
andrew small
lvl.1
Flight distance : 606775 ft
Spain

Mavic Pro 2 upgraded 1" Sensor camera capable of looking up vertically pulled up into a slimmer and longer airframe but keeping basic shape?
IMAG0446.jpg
2018-6-23
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-22 15:54
Its really a pity Aurelian, you have so much Talent !

I don't know why sometimes they are doing all these Hurdles, I agree with having some form of knowledge, knowing you, you are one of the Best Legit Pilots I ever spoke to.

Laws and rules are for fools like us, who want to be legal. The same thing happens with everything in life, if you steal 100€ you go to jail, if you steal 1M€, nobody will do anything to you. This is the life, it is not fair. Many times, in order to get something, UNFORTUNATELY, you have to break the rules.
2018-6-23
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Aurelian (Spark) Posted at 2018-6-23 03:25
Laws and rules are for fools like us, who want to be legal. The same thing happens with everything in life, if you steal 100€ you go to jail, if you steal 1M€, nobody will do anything to you. This is the life, it is not fair. Many times, in order to get something, UNFORTUNATELY, you have to break the rules.

I agree with you, Aurelian.

It takes an Open Minded Person like you to realise that we are all SHEEP and controlled.

You know how much the Insurance costed me Aurelian ?

At least I know its for my Peace of Mind and for the Safety of Others too.

Let me send you the Pictures of the Original Invoices. 1 Minute. I am sure you won't be Surprised.

2018-6-23
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Here is the Insurance Debit Invoice - This is for My Spark 4th May 2018 and My Mavic Pro Platinum 21st May 2018 (Worked in ProRata for 1 Year)

2018-6-23
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Page 1 & 2 - Insurance Policy Paperwork

2018-6-23
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules