Battery Life % dropping too fast?
1219 7 2015-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fred D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56184 ft
Canada

I have noticed that the "Battery Life %" on two of my 3 TB47 batteries is dropping.
I had issues with voltage drop a while ago, but figured out that if I stopped flying on particialy charged batteries the problem went away, great.
Now, however, I am noticing that the original battery (#1) that came with the I1 and the second one (#2) I purchased from DJI are continually lossing "Life %". I cycle my batteries every 10 charges. I run the batteries down unit the battery shuts off automatically, give it a couple of hours to stablize it's heat to room temp and recharge, these are the two batteries that I had voltage drop off with, the third battery (#3), I purchased from Amazon, is still 100%.
Battery #1 had 2 voltage drop issues and went from 100% to 92% Battery Life. (1 week ago) has been charge 9 times since and is now 88% Battery Life.
Battery #2 had 1 voltage drop issue and went from 100% to 98% Battery life.  (1 week ago) has been charged 9 times since and is now 94% Battery Life.
I have my batteries labeled I use them in order and I fly almost every day, the batteries have all been charged and cycled equally, Battery #3 is still 100%
I have checked all the cell voltages and they are: per battery within allowable limits.
I have 2 under voltage warnings in battery #1's records, 1 under voltage warning in battery #2's records, and no warnings in battery #3's records.

Does anyone know what the life expectancy is of these batteries?  
I have 80+ flights on them and flight time has not decreased.
Also, at what "Battery Life %" do you guys think a battery should come out of service??

I should note that I drain my batteries by hooking them up to a 24v clearance light bulb from a military vehicle. No I don't know the amp draw, what I do know is it pulls the battery down a little faster then leaving the I1 sit turned on, and I believe easier on my I1. I do this with all three batteries so I don't believe how I pull the batteries down is an issue.

Any info you folks can provide would be appriciated, Thanks in advance.

2015-5-16
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

I just got one of the under-voltage protection warnings on my battery as well, I am waiting for a solution as well....My flight time has also remained the same. I have a feeling that we cannot trust the logic on the battery
2015-5-16
Use props
dundee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

IMO 200 cycles
2015-5-16
Use props
Fred D
lvl.4
Canada

would that be 200 flight recharges or 200 complete drain/recharge cycles?
I can see my #1 battery (weakest) reaching 200 flights but not 200 deep cycles.
I have no problem if it's close to 200 flights, I'd like more, but I can except that.

"Dundee" what do you think of my using a 24v bulb to run the batteries down?
2015-5-16
Use props
dundee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

Fred D Posted at 2015-5-17 02:40
would that be 200 flight recharges or 200 complete drain/recharge cycles?
I can see my #1 battery  ...

Member Genettico is the one to look for a correct answer.
If a bulb can do the job, that i would be happy to hear.
2015-5-16
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Frankly,  I do not trust the batteries since the last firmware update period.

I am waiting for DJI to tell us officially what is going on. And if they are going to release a fix (firmware update) soon.

With proper battery management, I would agree with Dundee that you should expect 200 complete battery cycles. But with anything electronic (especially batteries) you need to closely monitor your packs because things can happen.
Rich
2015-5-16
Use props
Fred D
lvl.4
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-5-17 03:46
Frankly,  I do not trust the batteries since the last firmware update period.

I am waiting for DJ ...

I completely agree, I DO NOT trust these batteries!!!! Being the weak link and all the firmware BS!!  I do not expect to get 200 cycles on these batteries, I believe I said I would have no problems with 200 cycles, But I certainly don't expect that. What I do expect is to keep close eye on them and for them to FAIL AT ANYTIME!!

Happy Flying Guys, and watch those batteries close.
2015-5-16
Use props
jhogge
lvl.2

United States

"I am waiting for DJI to tell us officially what is going on."

Simply amazing that DJI does not consider all of these bugs in their products serious enough to comment on and create a plan of action to resolve.

I fear someone is going to suffer a terrible injury due to all of these product faults.

I love my Inspire, but i cannot fly it until a firmware update resolves all of these very serious safety issues.

2015-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules