ThinkTank Airport Helipak
4264 13 2015-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dhills
lvl.2

United States

I picked up a ThinkTank Airport Helipak today. I am a photographer and I was carrying around two bags, one for my camera and lenses and another for my laptop and ipad.
When I added the P3P to my tool list, I had a need for either another bag or find a way to consolidate. For the moment I have found my personal solution with the ThinkTank Airport Helipak.

I don't use a ton of lenses so this suits me well. It also carries my laptop and chargers. What are you using?

FullSizeRender-min.jpg
IMG_7350-min.jpg
IMG_7351-min.jpg
2015-5-16
Use props
josepsamora
lvl.1

United States

Not using anything at the moment. I would love to see some pictures with your kit in this particular bag.

2015-5-16
Use props
dhills
lvl.2

United States

josepsamora@gma Posted at 2015-5-17 04:51
Not using anything at the moment. I would love to see some pictures with your kit in this particular ...

Sorry I thought I had uploaded the images
2015-5-16
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

I am also a photographer and I have a bunch of Think Tank gear. I always trust their designs and especially the quality of their products. The first thing I ordered after my P3P was the Helipak, and so far, it's been great.
2015-5-16
Use props
josepsamora
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for the pics. Where are you storing the iPad?
2015-5-16
Use props
dhills
lvl.2

United States

josepsamora@gma Posted at 2015-5-17 11:32
Thanks for the pics. Where are you storing the iPad?

There is a space where the laptop is stored to keep my ipad.
2015-5-17
Use props
vmp
lvl.3

United States

Does a 15in laptop fit?
2015-5-17
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

vmp Posted at 2015-5-17 20:10
Does a 15in laptop fit?

Vmp, yes it does
2015-5-17
Use props
vmp
lvl.3

United States

Thanks! I think that I am going to order this bag and cancel the DJI bag. I was not aware of any other P3 bags that could hold a 15in laptop.
2015-5-17
Use props
Cacc
lvl.3

Canada

That you for a good alternative that allows us to carry other equipment too! Have been looking for something like this to avoid having a second bag.

http://www.henrys.com/89839-THIN ... -DRONE-BACKPAC.aspx
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/pr ... ak_for_phantom.html
2015-5-17
Use props
steven.sdharris
lvl.3
Flight distance : 384967 ft
United Kingdom

Looking forward to these being available in the UK.

Is it comfortable to carry?
2015-5-17
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

That looks very nice. But also looks like it is not overly protected compared to other cases?
I'm in the market for a good case or backpack too. Currently just using the box it came in.

I'm waiting for the DJI Phantom 3 Hardshell Backpack to be available (it should be available here real soon)

You can order the DJI Phantom 3 hardshell backpack directly here. Looks like it will be shipping soon.

-
Buy your DJI-gear, backpacks, batteries, cases by using this link - it'll help me out

2015-5-17
Use props
vmp
lvl.3

United States

FantomDK Posted at 2015-5-17 22:59
That looks very nice. But also looks like it is not overly protected compared to other cases?
I'm i ...

I also ordered a GoProfessional P3 Hard Case  to use when traveling within driving distances. If I am traveling on a plane, I need to have a laptop with me.  A 15in laptop won't fit in the DJI Hard Shell Backpack and the backpack is also not carry-on friendly.
DJI should have gave us a little more space with the new backpack. I don't think it will fit a 10in tablet either.
2015-5-17
Use props
dhills
lvl.2

United States

steven.sdharris Posted at 2015-5-17 22:58
Looking forward to these being available in the UK.

Is it comfortable to carry?

Yes it is padded on the side that rests against your back, I have it loaded down with two camera bodies, four lenses, misc wires, my canon flash, two external hard drives, ipad, and other small things besides my phantom.

The 15in laptop as weight to it, but its balanced on your back. I would have been carrying three bags with the introduction of the phantom to my kit, so I decided to consolidate everything with this one. It also comes with a protective rain cover. It may not be a hard shell, but again it fits my purposes, as I don't hike or air travel much, it just goes with me back a forth to my studio and various locations across texas and louisiana.
2015-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules