Missing Data Cable
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Steve-P4
lvl.1

Hello,
Drone Newbie here.
I just acquired a used Phantom 4 Adv. from a friend of mine who upgraded to another drone.
The one item I cant locate is the Drone's Data Cable for doing the Firmware Update.
Every time I fly the drone im warned that I need to do an update.

I've searched but have not been able to find it available. Or it has a different name.
Any advice on how I can get a new replacement Data Cable ?

Sincerely, Steve-P4

2018-6-21
Use props
Hurley1718
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Its a standard Micro USB cable used in a lot of Android phones and tablets (Not the newer USB-C).

There have been many people who have run into issue when applying the updates. If you ignore the request to update firmware are you still able to fly? If you are I would just ignore it and keep flying.
2018-6-21
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

I use an IPhone charging cable.  There are many that will work.  
2018-6-21
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

PS  If it's working good, I would wait about updating.  You can ignore the message.
2018-6-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello. I have attached the image for all the accessories that include in the box. Kindly check which cable you are referring to? Thank you.

2018-6-21
Use props
Steve-P4
lvl.1

Hurley1718 Posted at 2018-6-21 14:38
Its a standard Micro USB cable used in a lot of Android phones and tablets (Not the newer USB-C).

There have been many people who have run into issue when applying the updates. If you ignore the request to update firmware are you still able to fly? If you are I would just ignore it and keep flying.

Yes, the drone still flies.
However, the original owner never did a Firmware Update since he bought it.
I need to do an Update.
2018-6-22
Use props
Steve-P4
lvl.1

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-6-21 14:38
I use an IPhone charging cable.  There are many that will work.

from the videos I've seen, the standard USB/Mini USB has to be connected to my Android.
Secondly, a Mini USB to Mini USB needs to be connected from the Remote to the Drone.
That Adapter is what I need to connect the Drone to the Remote.
2018-6-22
Use props
Steve-P4
lvl.1

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-6-21 14:40
PS  If it's working good, I would wait about updating.  You can ignore the message.

Yes, I can Ignore it, But, I want to Update it.
2018-6-22
Use props
Steve-P4
lvl.1

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-6-21 14:43
Hello. I have attached the image for all the accessories that include in the box. Kindly check which cable you are referring to? Thank you.

[view_image]

I require the USB OTG Cable
2018-6-22
Use props
Steve-P4
lvl.1

Okay, Now I know that its called the USB OTG cable. I ordered it on Amazon. Thanks guys.
2018-6-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Steve-P4 Posted at 2018-6-22 07:22
Okay, Now I know that its called the USB OTG cable. I ordered it on Amazon. Thanks guys.

Great to hear that you already sorted out the exact accessories that you needed. Happy flying!
2018-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules