Litchi is a Bitchi
2719 16 2018-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WeeAirDrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 122159 ft
United Kingdom

A short one this time everyone. A lesson was learned by me today. I used a mission prepared by someone else on Litchi Hub. I had an epic fail as it must have been created in the winter. The trees had grown somewhat since then and the WeeAirdrone had a fight with a tree. it escaped unscathed not even prop damage. My lesson for today is if you are using someone else's mission over trees put at least an extra 5 feet on each selected waypoint.
2018-6-21
Use props
Jotne
lvl.3

You should study it as you would create a new one.  There may be a new building as well.  Here I am now, there is a new skyscraper every week.
2018-6-21
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1983760 ft
Canada

Your height is set based on take of height also....   so, if you only have a few feet clearance, you will clip those trees based on sensor variance and take off height.
2018-6-21
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Canada

Your height is set based on take of height also....   so, if you only have a few feet clearance, you will clip those trees based on sensor variance and take off postion (which sets your height).  If you need to use someone elses flight plan, run it really slow and keep an eye on it.  Stop it if it looks wacky.  I personaly would not use someone elses flight plan.  The main reason is you dont have the fly that plan before sharing it.  If you had to fly the plan before you shared it, it would reduce the possibility of someone lowering a point so the next person using it hits a tree.  I dont trust other people flights.
2018-6-21
Use props
Amateur Droner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6411 ft

United States

First create your own missions, then if you have a mishap you can only blame yourself.
Run the mission in "Virtual Litchi Mission Viewer"
Fly safe and enjoy!
2018-6-21
Use props
Chesysmax
New

Japan

Is Litchi reliable for making waypoints for Mavic Air? Thank you.
2018-6-21
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

Chesysmax Posted at 2018-6-21 21:51

Yes it is as with other drones. I purchased Litchi last week and it works just fine.
You have to be careful though, as the waypoints are not exact. I was once surprised as the drone started 1-2 meteres apart from the initial point I programmed. So don't put waypoints close to objects.

Also what bothers me with Litchi is that setting up the controller in Litchi always changes my settings in DJI Go 4 (left C button suddenly opens camera settings instead of resetting the gimbal as I set it up to)
2018-6-21
Use props
sky6105
Second Officer
Flight distance : 345653 ft
United States

Litchi is a good app but you better know your surroundings. I also learned it the hard way came out untouched after it fell from the tree.
If you can run it manually do it, if not add some height to your flight. After that I have had no problem with Litchi.
But my go to is GO 4.
2018-6-22
Use props
WeeAirDrone
lvl.2
United Kingdom

FanOfFlight Posted at 2018-6-21 18:57
Your height is set based on take of height also....   so, if you only have a few feet clearance, you will clip those trees based on sensor variance and take off postion (which sets your height).  If you need to use someone elses flight plan, run it really slow and keep an eye on it.  Stop it if it looks wacky.  I personaly would not use someone elses flight plan.  The main reason is you dont have the fly that plan before sharing it.  If you had to fly the plan before you shared it, it would reduce the possibility of someone lowering a point so the next person using it hits a tree.  I dont trust other people flights.

Great point absolutely right this was my first use of someone's flight plan I have several plans of my own all perfect. It was a lesson learned and maybe I need to take your advice on board.
2018-6-22
Use props
WeeAirDrone
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Chesysmax Posted at 2018-6-21 21:51

It is I have had huge success using the litchi Hub to set waypoints and creating some great object focused film. I tend to practice with it in the local park, where there are no obstacles. Height is your friend with the app though always be cautious if in doubt add 10 feet
2018-6-22
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Canada

WeeAirDrone Posted at 2018-6-22 00:50
Great point absolutely right this was my first use of someone's flight plan I have several plans of my own all perfect. It was a lesson learned and maybe I need to take your advice on board.

Thanks and Good luck.  I have learned many lessons the expensive way so glad to share  what I can.
2018-6-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hahaha - that's a good pay of putting it
2018-6-22
Use props
Free2be
lvl.3
Flight distance : 229570 ft

Nice video follow the other bird!
2018-6-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Thank you for raising your concern to us. I understand that you use the litchi application DJI Mavic Air and you almost damaged your Drone. We do not recommend to use 3rd party devices or applications like the litchi on your DJI Mavic Pro because 3rd party devices and application can affect the performance of the Drone while on a flight. Please use the DJI Go 4 application. This application was made for your DJI. Thank you.
2018-6-23
Use props
Optimus_Prime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-6-23 07:06
Hi. Thank you for raising your concern to us. I understand that you use the litchi application DJI Mavic Air and you almost damaged your Drone. We do not recommend to use 3rd party devices or applications like the litchi on your DJI Mavic Pro because 3rd party devices and application can affect the performance of the Drone while on a flight. Please use the DJI Go 4 application. This application was made for your DJI. Thank you.

I wonder why do DJI not include waypoints and up/down hill following for the air? So we do not have to use 3rd application.
2018-6-23
Use props
North Idaho Guy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2310082 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-6-23 07:06
Hi. Thank you for raising your concern to us. I understand that you use the litchi application DJI Mavic Air and you almost damaged your Drone. We do not recommend to use 3rd party devices or applications like the litchi on your DJI Mavic Pro because 3rd party devices and application can affect the performance of the Drone while on a flight. Please use the DJI Go 4 application. This application was made for your DJI. Thank you.

I didn't realize that DJI's Go 4 (used with Spark, MA for example) could do what Litchi (used with Spark, MA for example) can? For example, plotting a autonomous mission on specific routes, setting different camera views at POI fly by's, waypoints to waypoint height and speed selections, etc. , etc., etc......or am I mistaken that Go 4 can do all this with a Spark or MA? If DJI's Go 4 can do this, then heck yeah, no need to risk third party anything running on DJI drones........Or perhaps its just a disclaimer? If so, I get that too, total understandable.......  
2018-6-23
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

I have flown many missions with Litchi. If you do not get a mission correctly entered in terms of heights, it can easily go wrong. Therefore, the pilot's most important task is to control a "borrowed" mission before flying.   

Fly safe, greetings Leif.
2018-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules