Signal fromat from X1 port of vision plus
2462 5 2015-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
schnittker
New

United States

Im trying to connect directly to the X1 port of the conroller on my Phanton 2 Vision + to use witha  standard servo.
Can anyone tell me what the output signal is? I already tried PWM and S-bus, but I have not had success with either of those formats.
Is it D-Bus? Some special type of D-bus? Some type of proprietary format?
Would a converter like this help?
http://www.uav-outlet.com/products/dji-a2-dbus-adapter.html

Below is a pic of my controller. According to the DJI software, the X1 port controlls gimbal pitch. I would like to be able to use it for other items.
In the pic, the threeqQhNburWa6lp5IA3qMj3ribIlbng4ru9MYtAATnivKqx9nUUonbVipxszzyWNoZDGwIYHFQk5rb8SoqX42qBnk1hdhXv0ZOcOZny9eHs5tIKKbRWhjc//9k=[/img]

2015-5-16
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

On the Naza unit the bottom pin on the F2 is used for pitch control, in the software it shows as the X1, im sure someone cleverer than me can explain why this is.
2015-5-16
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

So the problem is you don't know exactly what is in the Vision+ but, if the Vision+ is like the NAZA-M V2 the X1 port is as CAN Bus / PPW port.
2015-5-16
Use props
schnittker
New

United States

The X1 port has connections to the original gimbal I guess. I had pulled those wires off, and the bird still flies which increased my confidence that they were for the gimbal.
No wires are normally connected to the F2 port which controls the gimbal on the 2.4GHz phantom 1 series.
I had already tried the F2 port in the past hoping it was also active (gimbal tilt can be controlled by either X1 OR F2). It did not work in the past, but today it did ??!!?
Its a different gimbal today, so perhaps I had damaged the first one while messing around.
Also its possible that its a different signal. The first gimbal was a $60 chinese no-name.... today is a $110 Tarot.. so, one step up.

So, now I can do tilt control of the Tarot gimbal out the F2 port on my 5.8GHz Vision + system.

Why did I want this? When I crashed my Vision+ I did not feel it was worth replacing the camera/gimbal package for $650. It was just so fragile....
I had lots of GoPro's around and figured I could switch over to them.
GoPro transmits video on 2.4GHz which would normally interfere with the 2.4GHz controller, but since the Vision is 5.8GHz controller, I can run the GoPro wifi using the GoPro app.
I know I will loose telemetry and also the longer range that you get with a separate transmitter.....and I am OK with that. New systems are coming out all the time, and I would rather invest in a new one than the old one... so looks like I will have a solution. Once working I will put it up on Youtube and link it for you.
2015-5-16
Use props
parnu2000
lvl.2

Thailand

I have tried to connect an analog servo to the F2 Port on my P2V+ once, But I saw a spark somewhere on the board. I was afraid to damage the system so I quickly removed the servo cable from the unit. and I have never tried it again. May be I did something wrong.  I am sure I carefully checked the polarity whether it was corrected before I plugged it in to the unit. Today I have to use another RC remote control with a new receiver to control a servo instead but they put more unnecessary weight to my P2V+. I saw many videos on youtube , They use  F2 port on Phantom 2, or P2 vision or Phantom 1 and use stock remote to successfully control a servo. But I have never seen on P2V+.
2015-5-21
Use props
parnu2000
lvl.2

Thailand

I just found that NAZA outputs at 400 Hz which is unusable  for analog servo. That might be the reason why it does not work when I first tried. But digital works at higher frequency signal. I am not sure whether I am correct or not. The link is here  http://download.dji-innovations. ... _Start_Guide_en.pdf
2015-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules