Ronin S follow focus issues
3954 14 2018-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_wB8g7MwW9pPc
lvl.2

Hello Team,
I received my new Ronin S. I have an issue with just one feature, Follow Focus on GH5 It does not work on VFR so i am unable to use Follow focus at 120 FPS Let me know i this is a product limitation or Bug. Could this be corrected  as a firmware update.

2018-6-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Pull Focus is available for GH5, we will verify with our engineers about your question and come back to you later, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-6-24
Use props
alexher
lvl.1

Do you have any informations on the external focus motor? I don't see any informations on it and no one from dji.com seems able to communicate a date for the release or a price.
This is a very important feature if you want to be able to use it with others cameras and manual lenses, not listed compatible with the internal focus system.
I'm thinking of buying the Crane 2 which has already this feature available if Dji don't release more infos on this. Would be a shame because the Ronin-s seems better on all others aspect!
2018-7-7
Use props
djiuser_wB8g7MwW9pPc
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

alexher Posted at 2018-7-7 07:53
Do you have any informations on the external focus motor? I don't see any informations on it and no one from dji.com seems able to communicate a date for the release or a price.
This is a very important feature if you want to be able to use it with others cameras and manual lenses, not listed compatible with the internal focus system.
I'm thinking of buying the Crane 2 which has already this feature available if Dji don't release more infos on this. Would be a shame because the Ronin-s seems better on all others aspect!

THERE IS A focus motoro from DJI its $399 you can check it in B& H but every other supporting accessory like the rod needs to be purhcased.  Currently if you dont need the roll motor and the Price drop of Zhiyun to $599 with follow focus it seems a better bet.
2018-7-9
Use props
djiuser_wB8g7MwW9pPc
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-6-24 01:15
Pull Focus is available for GH5, we will verify with our engineers about your question and come back to you later, please wait patiently, thank you.

hello Mindy has the Firmware update solved the pull focus in VFR mode.?
2018-7-9
Use props
astudios
lvl.1
United States

I just saw this post.

I have a GH5-S and the RONIN-S .. but I cannot seem to get the FOCUS WHEEL to work at all. The shutter button works but not the focus. I have updated the firmware on both the RONIN-S and the GH5-S to their latest. Do you have any suggestions on how you got your focus wheel to work?

Thank you!
2018-7-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_wB8g7MwW9pPc Posted at 2018-7-9 02:52
hello Mindy has the Firmware update solved the pull focus in VFR mode.?

Sorry for my late response, per the feedback from our engineers, pulling focus is not available in VFR mode, we will communicating with Panasonic to keep optimizing this issue, sorry for the inconvenience.
2018-7-13
Use props
GeeTV
lvl.1

Hello all,

any updates about this issue?

As far as i'm concerned, the focus wheel still doesn't seem to work in vfr mode, using the current Ronin-S firmware version v1.5.0.40.

Thank you in advance!
2018-9-25
Use props
Gotit Gotit
New

Israel

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-13 02:00
Sorry for my late response, per the feedback from our engineers, pulling focus is not available in VFR mode, we will communicating with Panasonic to keep optimizing this issue, sorry for the inconvenience.

Hey Mindy, is there an update or expected update for the pulling focus in VFR mode on the GH5?
2019-1-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Gotit Gotit Posted at 1-2 22:52
Hey Mindy, is there an update or expected update for the pulling focus in VFR mode on the GH5?

Hi Gotit Gotit, pulling focus is not available in VFR mode, our engineers are still cooperating with Panasonic, but we have no more info when it will be solved, please note our website of the future update, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2019-1-4
Use props
DreamAnimations
New
Switzerland

Hello Mindy please tell me that the solution for this problem (Focus in VFR mode) will cleared with the next update.
We would have needed this feature quite a few times already. Best regards
2019-2-5
Use props
djiuser_2nVpfjN4lRfp
New

Israel

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-4 00:05
Hi Gotit Gotit, pulling focus is not available in VFR mode, our engineers are still cooperating with Panasonic, but we have no more info when it will be solved, please note our website of the future update, sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Not having pulling focus in VFR mode on the GH5 is really really frustrating!! I very hope that DJI is about to fix this soon!
2019-4-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_2nVpfjN4lRfp Posted at 4-10 21:54
Not having pulling focus in VFR mode on the GH5 is really really frustrating!! I very hope that DJI is about to fix this soon!

Hi there, the GH5 cannot follow focus in VFR mode even with its own software Lumix Tether, we are working with Panasonic on it, please note the future update. Thank you.
2019-4-10
Use props
aMoralez
New
Ukraine

Already the end of 2019. At the moment, focus does not work in the frame rate mode. DJI, please solve this problem. After all, this is a very big problem and does not make it possible to fully shoot in slow motion mode.
Tnx.
2019-12-2
Use props
aMoralez
New
Ukraine

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-10 22:55
Hi there, the GH5 cannot follow focus in VFR mode even with its own software Lumix Tether, we are working with Panasonic on it, please note the future update. Thank you.

Yes. Its true. Autofocus dont work in slowmo. But manual focus working well (obviously lol), so Focus Wheel of DJI, its a manual focus.
Based on this, the focus should work.
Even if there are problems at the software level, I hope you can solve this problem. After all, there is nothing that could not be solved, especially Ronin is a very good premium stabilizer and such things should work 100%.
2019-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules