Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Thoughts on Mavic Air - is it worth getting right now?
2511 49 2018-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wireframe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7441 ft
Germany

Scoobywrx05 Posted at 2018-6-26 01:00
I’d buy the phantom 4 advanced. With the issues surrounding a number of the Mavic Air s now you would be taking a gamble whether you will or will not get a good one.

Well, I gave it a thought, frankly speaking, but all the Phantom series are too big for me (not mentioning the pricetag). I travel on motorcycle, which means I have very limited storage space and i like to walk the city without separate storage for a bulky drone. So in all their glory, P4 drone(s) are not an option for me.
2018-6-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wireframe Posted at 2018-6-26 02:03
Thank you very much. The spheres really ARE cool and allowing MA stitch them saves time A LOT. I can do this anything with my own hands (and i will be leaving all the stitched frames just in case I think I can stitch them better), but... These 'automation' saves so much time that I am very happy

I actually use that feature now to plan flights as the detail is amazing. Auto stitching is a great addition too. You'll discover many new features on the MA that you won't find in the manuals such as APAS maintaining altitude in forward flight at low altitude and how flight autonomy 2.0 retraces failsafe RTH to save the shoot you were on and how the pitch angle auto adjusts in gusts of wind to maintain it's air speed - the MP would also just massively slow down.
2018-6-26
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-6-25 23:34
Not to mention the clearly superior gimbal and updated tech and processor - you'll love the 32mp spheres and FHD in slow mo. The MP is just dated now - it will be discontinued a lot sooner too. You made the right choice.

Pro can do the spheres too fella, thinks he gimbal performance is close in performance, due in part because the Pro flies smoother. Full HD video is a great addition to the Air though and video is better on the Air for sure.

Like the Air but still love my Pro. Not ready to part company yet.

2018-6-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ShadyDealer Posted at 2018-6-26 03:53
Pro can do the spheres too fella, thinks he gimbal performance is close in performance, due in part because the Pro flies smoother. Full HD video is a great addition to the Air though and video is better on the Air for sure.

Like the Air but still love my Pro. Not ready to part company yet.

Really? I find the gimbal to be totally on point with the MA - slight wind turned my footage into a see-saw with the MP - I don't miss it since selling it and the MPP. And it couldn't do auto stiched 32mp spheres, that's for sure. MP2 next anyway and the 2016 drone will be gone into the history books - great quad but had it's day now.
2018-6-26
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-6-26 03:58
Really? I find the gimbal to be totally on point with the MA - slight wind turned my footage into a see-saw with the MP - I don't miss it since selling it and the MPP. And it couldn't do auto stiched 32mp spheres, that's for sure. MP2 next anyway and the 2016 drone will be gone into the history books - great quad but had it's day now.

Yeah the spheres on the MP are hit and miss but had no issues with the gimbal. Think the biggest thing is latency and stability of signal strength that keeps me using the Pro. MP2 should be epic though for sure!
2018-6-28
Use props
JordanM
Second Officer
United States

Wait for the MP2!
2018-6-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ShadyDealer Posted at 2018-6-28 09:28
Yeah the spheres on the MP are hit and miss but had no issues with the gimbal. Think the biggest thing is latency and stability of signal strength that keeps me using the Pro. MP2 should be epic though for sure!

Very much looking forward to the 18th now
2018-6-28
Use props
Wireframe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7441 ft
Germany

JordanM Posted at 2018-6-28 10:44
Wait for the MP2!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlWvePNJ-Yw

This is just another guy speculating on something he does not know for sure, just struggling for more views with clickbaiting video title. Why link him here?
2018-6-29
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-6-28 10:53
Very much looking forward to the 18th now

I am too! Not sure my wife will be mind...
2018-7-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ShadyDealer Posted at 2018-7-1 12:39
I am too! Not sure my wife will be mind...

They never are lol
2018-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules