5094 136 2018-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-22 16:35
Your comment is right to some extent.

Every Business has its Marketing Techniques, when I saw the Spark doing all kinds of Maneuvers in the DJI Advert on Youtube, I said WOW this might be the one for me ! This is AMAZING !!!! So I bought it. Then I found out that most of this was Fantasy.

My question was, of course, a poetic question, I know the truth. In the name of those who flew in a strong wind and far and therefore flew their Spark.
They (I think) thought the marketing text. I have not flown to 500m until mid-wind. Then I'm calm when I see where she is flying, even if it's a tiny point.
I put this advertising image here to see why many people think that anything Spark can do.
You have summed up the essence perfectly. I was thinking that in that post the place was what you opened up about flying techniques...
2018-6-24
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 2018-6-24 01:21
My question was, of course, a poetic question, I know the truth. In the name of those who flew in a strong wind and far and therefore flew their Spark.
They (I think) thought the marketing text. I have not flown to 500m until mid-wind. Then I'm calm when I see where she is flying, even if it's a tiny point.
I put this advertising image here to see why many people think that anything Spark can do.

2018-6-24
Use props
Mirek6
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

knelson69 Posted at 2018-6-23 17:03
Mirek6  I don't know if you received my reply via email or not but i am definitely not here to have fun with people and after losing a drone that my family spent good money for as a fathers day gift I am not very encouraged by your reply at all implying that I am not being honest.   I did not know that i had to prove anything to anybody on this forum.  I did synch my flight data as requested to DJI support.  Such a reply is not cool to somebody who is new to this forum, and new to drone flying.  I'm sure you didn't come out of the womb with your knowledge and experience.  I did upload the flight logs to the link that you provided today, and i had uploaded them to another user as well to that same link. I also attempted to upload the in flight video of that particular flight and did not have success.  Maybe the file is too large or something, i don't know.   I appreciate everybodys time and willingness to help me understand what went wrong with my flight and hope that I will be welcome to participate in this forum in the future  as I continue to fly drones.

Knelson,

Cool. Honest reply is always appreciated.
This forum is to provide constructive help - not speculation based on, perhaps, similar cases we have seen in the past. Sifting through plethora of responses and response to responses, when not backed by any proof, is tedious and not helpful. Hence my, perhaps a bit too strong, reply.

Let's start again. If you really want a reply from us which is based on some facts (not only on what you saw, because what you saw may have been caused by variety of things), we need to see logs.

The logs which you provided by syncing to Cloud from DJI GO app go only to DJI. We cannot see them.

If you uploaded the logs to phantom site as per my link, we need a link to your logs. Basically, once you upload them you will see a map with your flight and a log detailing your flight on your Web browser. Copy the link of that page (where you see your flight logs) and paste it here - on this forum - in reply to my post. Otherwise we cannot find it even if you uploaded it.

I am not sure if you are aware, but you have cached .mp4 files of your flight on your mobile. If you try to upload original video from SD card, it may indeed be too large. Cached videos are low quality and small but enough for the purposes of analysis. You can find cached videos in DJI folder on your mobile. We usually do not require video but, in many case, it helps in analysis. So if you can give us access to it, that's bonus.

Cheers!

Mirek
2018-6-24
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Mirek6 Posted at 2018-6-24 08:53
Knelson,

Mirek,

I admire you how you have all this Patience with people who don't appreciate your help.

Have a Nice Day !

2018-6-24
Use props
knelson69
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3990 ft
United States

Mirek6 Posted at 2018-6-24 08:53
Knelson,

Thanks again for replying back.  I'm not sure why you and  users felt like I was somehow trying to be dishonest, and unappreciative of help.  When I originally posted what happened I was mainly interested in whether or not others had experienced what happened to me.  I didn't feel like I had anything that I needed to prove to anybody other than DJI.  At that point I was not aware that uploading flight logs to people that I didn't know was something that is the norm for users.  I knew that it was important to get them to DJI support of course.   As I said i did upload to the phantomhelp link on your reply and on another as well but it sounds like that i didnt do all that was needed in order for you to view them.  I will attempt it later today when i am at my home computer.    As I said I am new to this forum and trying to figure out how everything works.  I am very appreciative of your help and your patience.  When I replied back to you yesterday I was definitely rubbed the wrong way and after losing the drone your implying that I was just here to mess with people and to be dishonest didn't pair well with having just lost a drone.  Thank you for a chance to start over with you, and thank you for your patience.
2018-6-24
Use props
Mirek6
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-24 09:04
Mirek,

I admire you how you have all this Patience with people who don't appreciate your help.

Thanks DMX_MT,

Yeah - I do not really play upvote/downvote game. I just don't care about that. That's childish.
I am here to help and learn. If I can help somebody, it is a reward in itself. If I can learn - it is a reward.
I just don't have time for sifting through tens of meaningless replies. They really downgrade quality of this forum. If people want meaningless discussion, they should use Facebook - not technical forum :-).

In any case - I gave benefit of the doubt and will wait for Knelson's reply and logs. Perhaps this is a another case we can learn from? If not, I am out of this thread - waste of time :-).

BTW - Your multitude of videos and tips you are digging out and posting are really appreciated.

Mirek
2018-6-24
Use props
knelson69
lvl.2
United States

Mirek6 Posted at 2018-6-22 08:04
Please upload your flight logs here: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Forum members can try to help in understanding what happened and, possibly, directing you where to search for it.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/B8QU82YG6KKK6RJ6SH7Y/

Here is the record of the flight.  I do have the flight video from the cache and have attempted to send it but it is not wanting to upload.
2018-6-24
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

knelson69 Posted at 2018-6-24 10:54

Here is the record of the flight.  I do have the flight video from the cache and have attempted to send it but it is not wanting to upload.

The Problem you have is the Famous -

YAW ERROR !

2018-6-24
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Your Accident is a Well Know Error - Knelson

On 5th June 2018 I did this Post - https://forum.dji.com/thread-151297-1-1.html

If you have some free time read it.

2018-6-24
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Mirek6 Posted at 2018-6-24 10:24
Thanks DMX_MT,

Yeah - I do not really play upvote/downvote game. I just don't care about that. That's childish.

You are right Mirek.

2018-6-24
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-24 11:09
Yaw Error again Mirek.

Maybe its another Bug in the DJI GO4 App ?

We should not do a statistic about what firmware - Go app pairs worked on the lost bird when YAW error occurred?
How do you find out which one should not be used ...

(I started this, but you laughed ... https://forum.dji.com/thread-151287-1-1.html)
2018-6-24
Use props
Haggi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2581785 ft
Norway

Yaw yaw error..
Just wanted to share a screenshot from Android GO 4 version 4.2.8 from 1.april..
Flight and craft behaved normal.
Downgraded to 4.1.15.. Never seen yaw error in any logs since..knock on wood!

2018-6-24
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

So best is to downgrade to 4.1.15 which is still best option.

2018-6-24
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

@Jakab Gipsz or @JimboHun (Fake Accounts User)

I think what you did was Blame DJI  for not giving you a refund for the Spark. That's where I was laughing as you will never get the money back and instead you want to spread Negativity.

2018-6-24
Use props
Haggi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2581785 ft
Norway

Lets not de-rail this thread.
Lets help the pilot.
2018-6-24
Use props
knelson69
lvl.2
United States

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-24 14:14
@Jakab Gipsz this is just Speculation as I asked several time DJI to tell us all what this Yaw Error is and still no reply.

I think what you did was Blame DJI about a refund for the Spark. That's where I was laughing as you will never ever get the money back.

I'm not sure if this reply was intended for me or not, but if so I have never blamed anybody for what happened, and I have never badmouthed DJI.  I did a lot of research before I bought this drone, as well as flying other DJI drones that belong to my brother in law and was extremly impressed with what I Saw, read and spent countless hours on youtube wathching videos about the spark.  Your replies are in no way helpful to me or anybody else when they are in the manner of this one.  Please don't reply at all to my thread if that's all you got to contribute.
2018-6-24
Use props
MarkMN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 77100 ft
United States

I haven’t looked at very many flight records, others here are better at interpreting what it says. But what stands out to me (unless I’m missing something obvious) is that there is no control input logged at all at any time in the flight. I believe you mentioned you were not using a remote, but were flying with just a phone to control it. If that’s the case, then maybe control input is not recorded. That seems like a flaw.

I’ve read others report that when their drone went into ATTI mode, they watched it drift away into the distance, not realizing they could have still flown it manually, and in the pressure of the situation, didn’t even try. Again, my understanding in your case is that you did try, but the controls had disappeared off of the screen.

Never having actually flown without a controller, I can only speculate that because you had initiated RTH, the controls were hid, and possibly you could have regained control if you had had the time to carefully figure out the software at the moment, cancel the call for RTH, and maybe get the controls back. If that’s the case, that would be a very poor design on DJIs part.

My additional opinion, which does not place any blame on you, but rather the emphasis on the automatic hands free flight features of the drone, is that your first real, serious mistake was using RTH at all. If you had simply flown it back you likely would have never experienced any problem. I believe RTH should only be used as a last ditch effort when no other options remain.
2018-6-24
Use props
knelson69
lvl.2
United States

MarkMN Posted at 2018-6-24 15:10
I haven’t looked at very many flight records, others here are better at interpreting what it says. But what stands out to me (unless I’m missing something obvious) is that there is no control input logged at all at any time in the flight. I believe you mentioned you were not using a remote, but were flying with just a phone to control it. If that’s the case, then maybe control input is not recorded. That seems like a flaw.

I’ve read others report that when their drone went into ATTI mode, they watched it drift away into the distance, not realizing they could have still flown it manually, and in the pressure of the situation, didn’t even try. Again, my understanding in your case is that you did try, but the controls had disappeared off of the screen.

Thank you for your input!  You are correct, I was flying with my Iphone.  When I gave the RTH command I saw the drone climb to 30m  which is the default.  Then the craft turned the direction of where it launched as if it were going to return.  Shortly after that I got the error codes and it then went to
Atti mode.  The unfortunate part is I had nothing on the screen for controls, no video feed, and not even the option to cancel RTH, I had a blank screen as if the app crashed or something.  I believe the drone by the time I would have been able to get any controls back had drifted to far out of range to contol it even if I had regained control.  In the Flight log you will see that it picked up speed to nearly 16Mph and was heading to the NE of my position.  I was near the river and i believe that it crossed the river.  It still had 28% battery so it could have gone for miles I assume while hovering adrift.  The direction it was hovering was not a good one as there was a freeway on the other side of the river as well as a lot of forrest land.  I tried to quickly go the direction of where I saw it go and see if I could reconnect with wifi but I think I was just out of range for that to happen, and out of range to use the find my drone option in the app once I got the app running again.  Im sure it landed very nicely somewhere once it went into a forced landing.
2018-6-24
Use props
MarkMN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 77100 ft
United States

knelson69 Posted at 2018-6-24 15:31
Thank you for your input!  You are correct, I was flying with my Iphone.  When I gave the RTH command I saw the drone climb to 30m  which is the default.  Then the craft turned the direction of where it launched as if it were going to return.  Shortly after that I got the error codes and it then went to
Atti mode.  The unfortunate part is I had nothing on the screen for controls, no video feed, and not even the option to cancel RTH, I had a blank screen as if the app crashed or something.  I believe the drone by the time I would have been able to get any controls back had drifted to far out of range to contol it even if I had regained control.  In the Flight log you will see that it picked up speed to nearly 16Mph and was heading to the NE of my position.  I was near the river and i believe that it crossed the river.  It still had 28% battery so it could have gone for miles I assume while hovering adrift.  The direction it was hovering was not a good one as there was a freeway on the other side of the river as well as a lot of forrest land.  I tried to quickly go the direction of where I saw it go and see if I could reconnect with wifi but I think I was just out of range for that to happen, and out of range to use the find my drone option in the app once I got the app running again.  Im sure it landed very nicely somewhere once it went into a forced landing.

I moved from an iPad to a PC to get a better look at the log. You got one bit wrong in your description. It turned towards you first, then went up to 30m. At precisely that point it rolled rather violently from 0 to 15 deg to -10 deg in a time span of about 6s. That's when it reported the yaw error. After that it leveled itself out and adjusted itself pointing back to you, but the yaw error never cleared and it blew/flew away with the breeze.

I hope DJI makes things right with you.
2018-6-24
Use props
knelson69
lvl.2
United States

MarkMN Posted at 2018-6-24 15:49
I moved from an iPad to a PC to get a better look at the log. You got one bit wrong in your description. It turned towards you first, then went up to 30m. At precisely that point it rolled rather violently from 0 to 15 deg to -10 deg in a time span of about 6s. That's when it reported the yaw error. After that it leveled itself out and adjusted itself pointing back to you, but the yaw error never cleared and it blew/flew away with the breeze.

I hope DJI makes things right with you.

Yep you are right, I had that part backwards.  Thank you for pointing out the roll that it did too.  Its quite interesting to look at the log and try to put everything together.  I hope I have other opportunities in the near future to put in some more flight time and  study some more flight logs and continue to learn from all of this.  

Have a good one!
2018-6-24
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

knelson69 Posted at 2018-6-24 14:37
I'm not sure if this reply was intended for me or not, but if so I have never blamed anybody for what happened, and I have never badmouthed DJI.  I did a lot of research before I bought this drone, as well as flying other DJI drones that belong to my brother in law and was extremly impressed with what I Saw, read and spent countless hours on youtube wathching videos about the spark.  Your replies are in no way helpful to me or anybody else when they are in the manner of this one.  Please don't reply at all to my thread if that's all you got to contribute.

Listen Nelson, I was replying to Jakab. Do you have to make a fuss out of it ?

If you said you have seen so much Video Tutorials, why where you using the IPhone without remote ? Doesn't common sense tell you that if something happens you will have limit connectivity, some are even losing connection with the Big Antennas of a Remote Controller let alone with a Micro Hidden Antenna on a IPhone.

Even without OTG Cable most are having big issues with Connectivity.

Another thing I notice is that you where flying in an Urban Areas where people are using Wifi Networks, and that is all Interference not to mention the Houses there are, the Powerlines and also Trees.

What you should have done is Manually Land It as soon as you had the First Compass Warnings, then when you did RTH you where having Interference leading to Yaw Error and that is most probably a miscalibration between the Compass and the IMU.

Conclusion is that flying the Spark with Phone only is just Amateur. You where asking for a Fly Away. If you have had a Remote Controller, you could still use Inputs to land your Spark and not get disconnected like what happened, I am just trying to help you.

Soon you will release I am right, even though its hard to admit.

2018-6-24
Use props
knelson69
lvl.2
United States

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-24 16:13

If you said you have seen so much Video Tutorials, why where you using the IPhone without remote ? Doesn't common sense tell you that if something happens you will have limit connectivity, some are even losing connection with the Big Antennas of a Remote Controller let alone with a Micro Hidden Antenna on a IPhone.

My apologies.  It looked like you were responding to me and basically laughing about losing the drone and that I would never get any help from DJI, which was nothing more than irritating.  Yes I was flying in an urban area like many people do. I was trying to get out over the adjacent property of my Parents house to look at the property and see if the recent homeless camps were setting up again because there has been crime happening around the area of my parents. I then flew over the roof of the house to show my dad the roof becaue he wanted to see it as he is elderly and just thought it would be cool to use the drone ase a tool to inspect it.  There is likely to be interference anywhere i go if trees and homes are out of the question to be flying in the vicinity of.  By the time the errors quickly came up and the position of the drone  in the seconds that i would have had to manually fly it down a lot happened.  I lost the controls in the app seconds after it went to ATTi Mode.  I have stated that I am fairly new to this hobby so unless you were there yourself maybe you should ease up on the criticism.  
2018-6-24
Use props
knelson69
lvl.2
United States

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-24 16:13

If you said you have seen so much Video Tutorials, why where you using the IPhone without remote ? Doesn't common sense tell you that if something happens you will have limit connectivity, some are even losing connection with the Big Antennas of a Remote Controller let alone with a Micro Hidden Antenna on a IPhone.

And yes I was flying with just my phone because the package my family bought me for fathers day didnt come with a remote.  Yes I would have liked to have had one but didn't.  Isnt the craft designed to be flown that way as an option?  I tried to stay within range of what the phone as a control and the drone were capable of but obviously that was not the best option.  I know that now.
2018-6-24
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

knelson69 Posted at 2018-6-24 16:53
My apologies.  It looked like you were responding to me and basically laughing about losing the drone and that I would never get any help from DJI, which was nothing more than irritating.  Yes I was flying in an urban area like many people do. I was trying to get out over the adjacent property of my Parents house to look at the property and see if the recent homeless camps were setting up again because there has been crime happening around the area of my parents. I then flew over the roof of the house to show my dad the roof becaue he wanted to see it as he is elderly and just thought it would be cool to use the drone ase a tool to inspect it.  There is likely to be interference anywhere i go if trees and homes are out of the question to be flying in the vicinity of.  By the time the errors quickly came up and the position of the drone  in the seconds that i would have had to manually fly it down a lot happened.  I lost the controls in the app seconds after it went to ATTi Mode.  I have stated that I am fairly new to this hobby so unless you were there yourself maybe you should ease up on the criticism.

I tried to help by giving you links and telling you that I in contact with DJI to tell me the real cause of the YAW Error.

Still I was replying to Jakab / Jimbo or who ever is hiding under that Account, not you sorry.

Goodluck with your Drone, hope you find it.

2018-6-24
Use props
knelson69
lvl.2
United States

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-24 17:07
I tried to help by giving you links and telling you that I am working with DJI to tell me the real cause of the YAW Error.

Still I was replying to Jakab who is a guy that in one comment he starts a discussion and in the other he tries to start a fight. I am sorry but my character is like that, if you sting me I will bite back.

I don't know why you think that I am so " puffed up" and thinking I know everything.  I have stated  more than enough times that I don't know everything otherwise I would have never started this thread to begin with.  I have just shared what happened to me and tried to explain with the best of my abilities the situation that I had.  I didn't see anywhere in the videos that I watched that a person should never try to fly without the controller and had flown my brother in laws spark several times without one and never had this happen and he lives in a very heavy populated Urban area.  I did however realize that with a controller is the optimal way to fly.  I wanted to fly the drone with what I had at the time until i could afford a controller.  Again if you feel like helping I appreciate it greatly, but if you feel the need to be critical of me as a new drone pilot and to flaunt your superior knowledge of piloting drones than please just don't continue in the thread.
2018-6-24
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

knelson69 Posted at 2018-6-24 17:31
I don't know why you think that I am so " puffed up" and thinking I know everything.  I have stated  more than enough times that I don't know everything otherwise I would have never started this thread to begin with.  I have just shared what happened to me and tried to explain with the best of my abilities the situation that I had.  I didn't see anywhere in the videos that I watched that a person should never try to fly without the controller and had flown my brother in laws spark several times without one and never had this happen and he lives in a very heavy populated Urban area.  I did however realize that with a controller is the optimal way to fly.  I wanted to fly the drone with what I had at the time until i could afford a controller.  Again if you feel like helping I appreciate it greatly, but if you feel the need to be critical of me as a new drone pilot and to flaunt your superior knowledge of piloting drones than please just don't continue in the thread.

Message Deleted by DMX_MT
2018-6-24
Use props
BrilhasMuito
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3745554 ft
Brazil

Really sorry for your loss!
I have just read the flight log you provided which shows at 9m 32.3s the first of a series of compass errors. You don't want to keep going with such errors. Were these the reason you pressed RTH a few seconds after?
The drone was pretty low in the air so it could have picked up some interference from any metal structure, powerlines, wif signals or antenna from the house the drone was flying over. You have to avoid all these things.
Today I avoid them but at the beggining I flew my spark close to houses quite a few times with no problems at all so it's just a spaculation and a tip. Maybe I was lucky!
Your drone is just one more spark that suffered an infamous error that  daily increases in this forum. The YAW ERROR. This is the only error that gives me chills m8.   
But the log shows it WASN'T a flyaway. It dropped to ATTI mode then drifted by a very light wind. Therefore you would still have full control of it. You told the virtual controls disappeared from the screen of your phone. As I've never used only the phone I don't know. Do the virtual sticks always stays on screen? Or it's normal for them to disappear when RTH iniciates?
If it´s not a normal thing to happens. Did you try to reiniciate the DJI GO 4 app in order to bring the sticks back on screen? Maybe it could work.
For now I'd rather not giving a conclusive opinion. But it looks like you had nothing to do with it. It seems to be an application issue which caused the controllers to vanish. Were you using an Android or IOS?
2018-6-24
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

BrilhasMuito Posted at 2018-6-24 17:37
I have just read the flight log you provided which shows at 9m 32.3s the first of a series of compass errors. You don't want to keep going with such errors. Were these the reason you pressed RTH a few seconds after?
The drone was pretty low in the air so it could have picked up some interference from any metal structure, powerlines, wif signals or antenna from the house the drone was flying over. You have to avoid all these things.

Thumbs up to Brilhas.

Sorry Brilhas I have to go from here. Then I talk to you laters tomorrow.

2018-6-24
Use props
knelson69
lvl.2
United States

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-24 17:34
If you forget what you wrote just 15minutes ago I will Cut and Paste -

''I'm not sure if this reply was intended for me or not, but if so I have never blamed anybody for what happened, and I have never badmouthed DJI.  

Maybe you can share something with me that I missed while researching this drone that says that I shouldn't fly it without a controller.  I sure didn't find that and its obviouly  a little to late now for me to see it but nevertheless please share it.  I have already decided that I would never try to fly a drone again without a controller and a cable to connect.  It seems to me that you might be the guy that likes to start fights and not the other guys,
2018-6-24
Use props
knelson69
lvl.2
United States

Yes I had the drone coming back up over the house and was watching it pretty closely.  I think I missed the first error message while trying to keep an eye on my flying close to the house and nearby trees.  I was demonstrating to my dad how the drone will return to home and I do understand now that RTH was not going to work out.  I lost controls on my iphone right after it went to ATTI mode and it was too late at that point.  Thank you for your input!  I have learned quite a lot from this experience and from input from others.
2018-6-24
Use props
knelson69
lvl.2
United States

forgot to add that yes I was flying with IOS and yes I lost virtual sticks in the app after ATTI was initiated.  However the flights that I did before that I don't remember the sticks dissappearing when I used RTH, and in fact on one of those prior flights I had an error and did cancel RTH because the drone was not headed that way.  I had to manually land it.  This time I was in a large open field at a park nearby my home.
2018-6-24
Use props
BrilhasMuito
Second Officer
Brazil

knelson69 Posted at 2018-6-24 17:48
Yes I had the drone coming back up over the house and was watching it pretty closely.  I think I missed the first error message while trying to keep an eye on my flying close to the house and nearby trees.  I was demonstrating to my dad how the drone will return to home and I do understand now that RTH was not going to work out.  I lost controls on my iphone right after it went to ATTI mode and it was too late at that point.  Thank you for your input!  I have learned quite a lot from this experience and from input from others.

Yeah!
When in ATTI mode it has no way to RTH.
It's the first time I see this issue in this forum. It's a shame the controls disappeared, really bad!
Open a ticket with DJI and see what happens. You have nothing to lose.
Use this experience to learn and improve your knowledge and skills to keep going.
Sorry for your loss!  

2018-6-24
Use props
knelson69
lvl.2
United States

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-24 17:07
I tried to help by giving you links and telling you that I am working with DJI to tell me the real cause of the YAW Error.

Still I was replying to Jakab who is a guy that in one comment he starts a discussion and in the other he tries to start a fight. I am sorry but my character is like that, if you sting me I will bite back.

I was looking to see if the homeless were setting up again because they have been kicked off of this private property numerous times.  homeless drug addicts that want to hide in the trees and leave a mess and then prowl around homes like my parents and steal from them.  I worry about my parents because of this issue.  I thought that taking a quick look would be better than walking out to the camps and possiblby having a confrontation with somebody.  Just using the drone as a tool in this case to have a quick look so that I could call the sherriffs dept if needed.The Sherriffs dept in our area is quite busy with the crime associated with the homeless and drug epidemic so we report to them as we see activity and they come when they are able.
2018-6-24
Use props
BrilhasMuito
Second Officer
Brazil

knelson69 Posted at 2018-6-24 17:54
forgot to add that yes I was flying with IOS and yes I lost virtual sticks in the app after ATTI was initiated.  However the flights that I did before that I don't remember the sticks dissappearing when I used RTH, and in fact on one of those prior flights I had an error and did cancel RTH because the drone was not headed that way.  I had to manually land it.  This time I was in a large open field at a park nearby my home.

Androids are usually more unstable then IOS when using the DJI GO app. Thats why I asked.
As I said I never used only the phone so I'm not the right guy to add anything to it.
But as I said even in ATTI mode your spark was still controlable so it was an application issue. If you knew the RTH didnt work you would have the time and pretty good chances to recover the drone by restarting the app.

2018-6-24
Use props
BrilhasMuito
Second Officer
Brazil

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-24 17:39
Thumbs up to Brilhas.

Sorry Brilhas I have to go from here. Then I talk to you laters tomorrow.

Hello my friend!
You good?Good night!
Talk to you tomorrow!

2018-6-24
Use props
fans812df717
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1092280 ft

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 2018-6-22 12:54
We know what happened! This is a YAW, compass error known as error. Every day, 1-2-3 new cases occur.

If the connection is lost, the end of the drone will be lost.

Exactly right, Jakob! I don’t think it’s the app that causes this issue. Too many similar incidences are being reported, they are NOT pilot errors either. Would be nice to hear from DJI!
2018-6-24
Use props
BrilhasMuito
Second Officer
Brazil

fans812df717 Posted at 2018-6-24 18:37
Exactly right, Jakob! I don’t think it’s the app that causes this issue. Too many similar incidences are being reported, they are NOT pilot errors either. Would be nice to hear from DJI!

Wasnt the app that caused the YAW error. But he says he lost the stick controls on his phone.
He could easily control the drone if he had the sticks to work with.   
Agree these YAW errors are too frequent and DJI should address those as soon as possible.
2018-6-24
Use props
marlowe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 300932 ft
United States

>> I then flew over the roof of the house to show my dad the roof becaue he wanted to see it as he is elderly and just thought it would be cool to use the drone as a tool to inspect it.

Probably a good idea to not get too close to a roof. I inspected work done on mine from stand-off distance to the side. Of course I don't know if that is related to the interference or signal loss you suffered.

BTW - I did not find anything you said at all wrong, self-aggrandizing or belligerent towards anyone. No need to waste time defending yourself when you have nothing you need to defend.
2018-6-24
Use props
knelson69
lvl.2
United States

marlowe Posted at 2018-6-24 21:22
>> I then flew over the roof of the house to show my dad the roof becaue he wanted to see it as he is elderly and just thought it would be cool to use the drone as a tool to inspect it.

Probably a good idea to not get too close to a roof. I inspected work done on mine from stand-off distance to the side. Of course I don't know if that is related to the interference or signal loss you suffered.

Thank you!  I didn't think that flying over the roof would be an issue at the time.  I was just showing off the drone to my Dad and we were  talking about the many uses a drone might be used as a tool and he suggested that I fly over the roof so he could have a look. Plus my son was doing some chores for him on the other side of the house so  Grandpa  wanted to do a sneak up on him and see if he was working hard, trying to be funny.  I definitely can see where there could be a possibility of interference however nearby a home.  My apologies as well for all the extra talk that really was unnecessary to the conversation about the original intent of the thread.  Thank you for your kind words and input!  

Have a good evening!
2018-6-24
Use props
JimboHUN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37156 ft
Hungary

I have been flying with phone only for months and had no issues, of course distance was rather limited. I used a Samsung Galaxy J3 which is a low end phone I think.

Good luck with DJI support, fingers crossed for a refund!
2018-6-24
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules