Ronin M - No handlebar operating issue
2002 5 2015-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rwynn
lvl.1

Australia

I'm an experienced steadicam and gimbal operator and have found accurately balancing and handling the ronin M a breeze. The only issue i'm experiencing is some severe top handle motor shake once the handlebars are removed and I start to pan and/or move rapidly (running). Has anyone else experienced this and if so, what can I do to prevent it?

Other than this, I'm serioulsy impressed with the Ronim-M!

Thanks,

Richard

2015-5-16
Use props
roonin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 776306 ft
  • >>>
United States

Happens to me as well.  

Was hoping the final would function without the handle bars, as they stated at NAB, but it is not.  

Would have been a much better version of a briefcase mode than their current implementation, which doesn't allow pannin or tilting, talk about useless.
2015-5-16
Use props
anders_montgome
lvl.1

Norway

Have you tried turning down the stiffness of the pan motor?
2015-5-22
Use props
ainsworthwillia
lvl.1

United Kingdom

same issue here
http://vid77.photobucket.com/albums/j75/ainsworthwilliam/IMG_0700_zpstfxvnndg.mp4
2015-5-22
Use props
Sebastian.o.bui
New

United States

this happens to me too....any tips? answers??
2017-2-9
Use props
Jeff Brass
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4948 ft
New Zealand

I'd try different stiffness settings  -  I've built a fig rig style setup with feet on the bottom so I can stand / rest the gimbal between takes without having to have a stand right there. I found once putting it on I had to adjust motor settings to stop this exact same shaking.

don't ask my why it happens, can only assume it changes feedback to the motors which are set for a different weight - just a guess
2017-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules