video cache in phone but not saved in sd card
13151 13 2018-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
imran skywalker
lvl.1
Malaysia

hello everyone,
i just got back from South Korea, i had the chance to shoot plenty of videos in Central Park,Songdo.
unfortunately, i just realised that all the videos are only available in my phone cache. there is nothing in my SD card. when i open it in pc, there are folders but no images or videos available.
i am very sure (confirmed) that i have set the setting to save videos and photos in SD card. my SD card is sandisk extreme pro 64gb which was formatted from the drone itself through djigo app before shooting (i practise using fresh formatted card for every session). i never had this problem  before.
it is very frustrating because South Korea is 7 hours away by aeroplane from home.
1. does anyone ever had this problem before?
2. can i recover the full quality videos which supposed to exist in my SD card?
3. can anyone explain why this happened and how to fix/avoid it in the future?

thank you.
2018-6-22
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Did it tell you in the app that was just saving to your device and no sd card detected?  This is usually what happens if it does not have or cannot detect a sd card present.  

This is why when possible good to check your sd card footage after each flight.  And always have a spare sd card on hand.
2018-6-22
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

When you open up folder on PC, it is set to show all file types ?

Does file explorer show sd card as being empty when you vies USB device in 'This PC' ?
2018-6-22
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Are there any files in folders?    DJI's raw picture format is often not recoginized as pictures / videos by Windows or OS-X.
2018-6-22
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-22 11:42
Did it tell you in the app that was just saving to your device and no sd card detected?  This is usually what happens if it does not have or cannot detect a sd card present.  

This is why when possible good to check your sd card footage after each flight.  And always have a spare sd card on hand.

Suggest taking it one step further with important images or videos.
Copy images or videos from microSD card of Drone to backup storage after such a flight.

Always a chance that something goes wrong and images or videos on microSD card get corrupted.  Or Drone crashes or flies away.

2018-6-22
Use props
Ellinor William
lvl.2

United States

That's terrible. I can see  you have been careful. Have you tried recovering it with the help of some software? Sandisk have it's own recovery software and if that doesn't work, I would suggest to stellar photo recovery. hope you are able to recover.
2018-7-11
Use props
neilhamilton
lvl.2

Plug in your Mavic to you computer directly from the USB-C port on the drone. My bet is that it saved them on the built in memory.
2018-7-11
Use props
Rafi_m
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328957 ft
United States

connect your AC to remote and try downloading them to your phone from cache. see if you can get a copy of original to your phone
2018-7-11
Use props
Sympho
New
Flight distance : 7221 ft
Czechia

Hello iam having same problem as you. I own DJI Spark and new videos / photos are not being saved on SD card. So i have only chaced photos and videos. SD card is connected, spark normally see the card but its not saving them on it.. Anyone issued this problem before?

Thanks for reply.
2019-6-17
Use props
macdaddy19
New
United States

I was having the same issue and I think I found the solution. I turned on my drone, connected my remote control to my phone, opened the app, and went to the app's settings. On the 3 ellipses from the settings (all the way on the bottom), there's a setting for Cached to SD Card so I enabled that. You then have to select the root of the SD Card's folder, which will then create the DJI folder. You'll see this folder once you connect the SD card to your laptop. It shouldn't be using your phone's built-in storage for cached videos anymore. Hope this works out!
2019-7-19
Use props
BatStryker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 338812 ft
United States

It is possible that the SD card is "bum". I am an IT professional, (among other things) and can tell you that in such a situation, the drone, or computing device, might consider the card viable, and indicate that everything is hunky-dory. Unknown to the hardware however, the SD card file system is corrupt and not recording anything. You can easily check the viability of the SD card by connecting it to a computer and writing a file to it.  I personally, always download all the data and reformat the card on my computer before returning it to the drone. If an SD card is corrupt, the format will usually fail, and I will then know to replace the card.
I am sorry about your footage, I would hope that you simply made a mistake, and the footage was recorded to the drone's built-in memory. Please just try hooking the drone up directly to a computer and have a look at the internal storage. Good luck!
2019-7-22
Use props
BatStryker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 338812 ft
United States

Just an addendum here. is it possible you accidentally formatted the card? In such a case, you MAY be able to recover the data. Quick formatting, does not actually remove any data, it just resets the file index to make space available for new data. There is a variety of on-line PC software you can download for free, that can recover deleted files. Good luck.
2019-7-22
Use props
markjones88
lvl.1

Pakistan

You can try to ejact SD and restart your phone and then re-insert your sd card. May be it can work!
2019-7-24
Use props
victoriavivienn
New

Bulgaria

Had the same problem and after hours of wondering what wrongs, I found out that you should trigger the rec button from the camera or the gamble ,not from the phone . If you trigger it from the phone you only get videos with information on it in the cache of your phone . Hope it helps.
2022-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules