Spark not taking off and smashing into the ground
19829 65 2018-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6dceb818
lvl.1
Italy

My drone too have the same issue. Is it possible that we waste our money? This is a bug and DJI have to replace for free!!!
2018-12-30
Use props
SAADHERO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2269905 ft
Kuwait

fans6dceb818 Posted at 12-30 15:23
My drone too have the same issue. Is it possible that we waste our money? This is a bug and DJI have to replace for free!!!

u should look into dji to fix or replace
but Now use CsC Take off
2018-12-30
Use props
MartyTravels
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394173 ft
United States

DJI will not do anything because you can replicate this error whenever you like. My guess is that it has something to do with the sensor readings when the drone starts up and tries to reach it's hover altitude. Calibrating the IMU fixed the issue for some time but it always returned after a week or so. After upgrading the firmware a few times it disappeared and hasn't come back yet :-)
2018-12-31
Use props
djiuser_m7l58NtSSjLF
lvl.1

Colombia

I have this issue everytime but only with my first take off, what I do is just pull up with the RC keeping press, when the unit gain some high get estabilized, I proceed to land just for confirmation, and take off again, and the next take off in that day goes ok even if I change my batteries. for me this is not normal but is my W/A for this issue.
2019-2-7
Use props
Joe Tojay Himson
New

Papua New Guinea

I have very similar problem with spark drone with the similar type behavior...tried  re-installing the firmware but still same issue....tried downgrading but still same issue.....dont know what to do now....still waiting on an answere.
2019-5-20
Use props
MartyTravels
lvl.4
Portugal

Joe Tojay Himson Posted at 5-20 22:07
I have very similar problem with spark drone with the similar type behavior...tried  re-installing the firmware but still same issue....tried downgrading but still same issue.....dont know what to do now....still waiting on an answere.

Nothing you can do...it probably wont go away on it's own and will always come back eventually. At least my Spark has it from time to time and then it disappears again.

Crashed into the beach two times already.
2019-5-21
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Joe Tojay Himson Posted at 5-20 22:07
I have very similar problem with spark drone with the similar type behavior...tried  re-installing the firmware but still same issue....tried downgrading but still same issue.....dont know what to do now....still waiting on an answere.

Have you tried NOT to use the App start?
Use the CSC to start the motors and the throttle to get it in the Air.
Minimum 2 or 3meters up, before you stop.
In case you still have warranty, do a video (app-slide start) and send it back in!
2019-5-21
Use props
RockytheSquirrel
lvl.2

Has anyone been able to confirm that the "bounce" only happens when you "slide to take off" in the app?  And not when you take off with the RC sticks?
2019-10-3
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>

RockytheSquirrel Posted at 10-3 12:23
Has anyone been able to confirm that the "bounce" only happens when you "slide to take off" in the app?  And not when you take off with the RC sticks?

Out of experience, it worked for some time.
At least it was a workaround, and when it didn't work that well, with slowly starting via CSC, it worked with CSC start, but switched to sport after starting the motors, and trying to gain some meters, before the whh,...,whhh started. Last year in May I had almost every start this trouble, from "every 20ish" over "every 10ish" down to every/other.
For about a year now, after sending it in a third time, just before warranty end, it seems to be repaired and working (knocking on wood)

But yes, at least it will get you a chance to get it in the air.
With some meter under it, it always seemed to stabilize, even the times I had to "alarm start" it in sport mode.

And I still have the idea that it is a voltage thing, at least connected to, or the trigger for, cell deviation which shows up red, in the flight records.
2019-10-3
Use props
RJB1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 32031 ft

RockytheSquirrel Posted at 10-3 12:23

I can confirm that is doesnt only happen when using the app. I stopped using that app way back when the issue first appeared. At first that seemed to fix it, but like so many others its a false result and it comes back again later.  But i have had luck with putting it in a rotation when its happening and that seems to stop it.
2019-10-3
Use props
ssylca44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft

This issue has been reported many times, yet no solution!
2019-10-4
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>

Edit: wrong post replied to, sorry
2019-10-4
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>

ssylca44 Posted at 10-4 05:10
This issue has been reported many times, yet no solution!

Can't say that.
Just not communicated by DJI, methinks
I got the one of my Sparks with this behavior repaired.
For a year, now, all good.
But I have no idea, if I got a "all new inside" bird?
2019-10-4
Use props
fans8577bdce
lvl.1

France

Hi, after try the "gesture piloting" in dji go 4 i have a big problem : now my spark has no front obstacle avoidance and no landing "bip".

Also now the height is negative (in red) when I start the motors. All seem to have be desactivated by the "palm pilot" even if I close normaly the application.

Of course I try to change firmware (downgrade and up), reset factory, uninstall dji go... no effect

Could you help me plz ?

https://youtu.be/DiU-JqM1ogk
2019-10-21
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

fans8577bdce Posted at 10-21 07:45
Hi, after try the "gesture piloting" in dji go 4 i have a big problem : now my spark has no front obstacle avoidance and no landing "bip".

Also now the height is negative (in red) when I start the motors. All seem to have be desactivated by the "palm pilot" even if I close normaly the application.

I'd say, you need to open a own topic!
Gets you more input, methinks
2019-10-21
Use props
sparkens
lvl.1

Australia

That’s what happened to my spark I was flying it when it would not stop and crashed in to a shed after that it started bouncing up and down and wouldn’t stop I had to flip it to get it to stop
2019-11-21
Use props
sparkens
lvl.1

Australia

MartyTravels Posted at 5-21 04:20
Nothing you can do...it probably wont go away on it's own and will always come back eventually. At least my Spark has it from time to time and then it disappears again.

Crashed into the beach two times already.

Have you down dated it my drone has the same problem and I down dated it and works until it automatically updated itself
2019-11-21
Use props
MartyTravels
lvl.4
Thailand

No, there is no way that down grading your drone will solve this issue. I'm currently on the most up to date version of all the software (drone, remote and phone). Right now it works like a charm. Nobody knows what causes this problem and how to fix it. Maybe you have to change the main-board, maybe not.

I had to replace the gimbal motor because of sand from the beach and thus taken apart the whole thing. Now it works better than ever :-) I can even fly farther away. Maybe I had a lose cable...who knows...

Good luck to you. Just try to calibrate the IMU and the compass and see if it does something. It helped me in the past for a few month.
2019-11-22
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

I do it even though I haven't updated it 1 year ago. Do it with only one battery.
  I saw a video of it being caused by a connector, which seems logical because no one's new Spark will fail. After 2 years I had this problem.
A software bug is unlikely, because it happened even if the owner was upgraded or not (like me).
It is caused by the uneven (fluctuating) performance of the motors. No errors are detected in the software, there is no sign of any errors in the log files. Mine landed recently and I pushed the stick up. Propellers crashed, but the log file is completely error free.
Disassemble and disconnect contacts, apply contact spray.

Sad that DJI listens to this as well as other bugs ...

2019-11-25
Use props
djiuser_DvGkO7SKoe0M
New

United States

Yeah I have a spark I crashed it by accident in a wall it seemed ok the crash was like 2 years ago it was good till it stop charging I been trying lots of things to make it charge but no if anybody has ideas I am open so my spark can work again
2020-11-10
Use props
MartyTravels
lvl.4
Germany

djiuser_DvGkO7SKoe0M Posted at 11-10 10:53
Yeah I have a spark I crashed it by accident in a wall it seemed ok the crash was like 2 years ago it was good till it stop charging I been trying lots of things to make it charge but no if anybody has ideas I am open so my spark can work again

Charging how? Via the charger (the thing with the 3 slots) or directly via the spark with a phone charger?

My charger broke down one year ago...but I don't do much flying anymore anyway.

You probably have to get yourself a new charger
2020-11-10
Use props
0Stephan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 451631 ft
United States

Maybe the battery has issues, short circuit somewhere inside that causes sudden voltage drops?
2020-11-13
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

This topic is not about crashing and not about charging the battery.
It’s much better to look for an entry with a similar title: battery not charging, battery problem.
This post is read by those who have a problem taking off so they don’t get a quick fix.

2020-11-13
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wrong year, Gomer.

If you're having problems "now" you need to start your own post/thread.  Carefully describe your problem and not try to get solution in the context of a completely different issue... one that is years old!
2020-11-18
Use props
dyamuna
lvl.1
Papua New Guinea

I'm facing this problem at the moment. Is there any solution yet?
2020-12-4
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

dyamuna Posted at 12-4 05:44
I'm facing this problem at the moment. Is there any solution yet?

Have you contacted DJI support?  This thread is over a year old and likely none of the respondents are monitoring questions.

Look for the Support link at the bottom of this page and follow the links.
2020-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules