Warning error code:203
Home / TELLO /
13698 11 2018-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alberto Calderon Chavez
New

Chile

help, the battery shows error warning ERROR CODE: 203. buy the drone and three batteries and only one shows me that error, help please

2018-6-23
Use props
Alberto Calderon Chavez
New

Chile

2018-6-23
Use props
dont slow down
lvl.4
Flight distance : 574977 ft
United States

Mine shows this every time I do an auto land. I think it is a glitch maybe? I only receive it after landing.
2018-6-23
Use props
Alberto Calderon Chavez
New

Chile

it shows it to me since it connects to the tello's Wi-Fi, and only with a battery that I have .. someone else has this error .. it will be a defective battery
2018-6-23
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Error code 203 means that the battery currently inserted in the drone is being detected as a "NON-RYZE" battery.

To troubleshoot this issue, please power off the drone and remove the battery from the compartment and let the drone and battery cool down for 15-20 minutes. Afterwards, reinsert the battery and power on the drone. The error message should not be showing up anymore.

If the issue still persist, please provide us the serial number of the drone so we can check it on our end.
btw I got it from ryze support
2018-6-23
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

if the error still pop up you should contact ryze
2018-6-23
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

hope this will help you

2018-6-23
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Sorry to read on that.  In regard to code 203, you can unplug and reinsert the battery and check if it works. If it persists, we respectfully suggest that you can contact our support to send the drone back to the After-sale facility for assessment.

You can email us at support@ryzerobotics.com, or call us also on this number +1 31 06165299 and you can contact us thru live chat. Just go to our website www.ryzerobotics.com.
2018-6-24
Use props
dcarter0001
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3862 ft
United States

Over on the Tello Pilots forum they have a 203 club. It's for people with error code 203. It's not a battery problem. its a drone problem that requires a complete motherboard replacement to fix. Ryze support will make you jump through hoops before they will let you send the drone to them for repair. They will also attempt to charge you for the repair even though it's under warranty.
2019-3-5
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Dear Dcarter
Pretty sorry for this unpleasant experience caused you. We care much about your feedback on our product and service.

In regard to Erro code 203, some batteries might also suffer from it and we usually would try our best to offer some troubleshooting which is expected to correct this sort of issue.
If persists, we would provide warranty service for the product under warranty with a manufacturing defect. As per your feedback, would you kindly provide us ticket number or case number so that we can look into it and arrange follow-up? That would be greatly appreciated!  

Look forward to your reply and have a great day ahead.
2019-3-18
Use props
Octavian Danciu
New

Romania

Brand new kit (boost pack incl. 3 batteries and the charger) bought new and sealed.

First battery in, got this error 203 crap. Worked my ass to fix this, restarted drone etc. Didn't work at all. Took it out and inserted battery 2. Worked perfectly. Inserted battery 3, worked perfect. Inserted battery 1 again, worked perfectly.

Day 2. Tried one battery in. Got error 203. Took it out, put another one in, worked fine. Put second one, worked fine. Put the last one (with the error) and worked fine again.

Somehow.. looks like if I first fly couple of mins with one of the okay ones, then the third one works as well.

Btw running on latest firmware.
2019-5-3
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Octavian Danciu Posted at 5-3 12:38
Brand new kit (boost pack incl. 3 batteries and the charger) bought new and sealed.

Good day Octavian,Here thank you for your detailed description of this issue as well as troubleshooting you have done.  It sounds a bit strange. Per it, kindly try the steps below :

Step 1: Power off the drone first
Step 2: Hold the power button with power off for about  5 to 8S until the green led goes off. [ Gotta release it as soon as the green led turns off ]
Step 3:  Once successed, it would flashing red led.
Step 4:  Then connect Tello's wifi and redo firmware upgrade.

If persists, for further analysis, would you kindly show us the info below ? Thanks a lot in advance.
1. A video showing this issue
2. Screenshots of firmware version and APP version
3. SN of the battery or the QR code on the back of the battery.

2019-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules