5230 6 2018-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IMMKU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 341949 ft
  • >>>
United States

My only experience with a handheld gimbal has been with Osmo+ so Ronin-S is a big step up. I have my Sony a7R-III with Zeiss 16-35 lens balanced, at least the test says all axes are excellet. I have auto-tuned, camera is turned on and IR cable is working. What I can't figure out is why the camera drifts to the side when I move with it, and mostly in the opposite direction when I turn. Holding down the trigger doesn't seem to help. I feel so stupid. I've watched the DJI tutorials and read the User Manual. If you have any advice or can point me to a good basic tutorial I would greatly appreciate it!
2018-6-23
Use props
Jq4209
lvl.3
United States

One of the things you’ll want to review are your smooth track settings via the Ronin app.  There is a full Ronin-S review on YouTube by The Film Poets that give some advice at the end of the review on some settings which might work for you. I like my pan smooth track settings a little tighter to avoid what could be considered drift, but try different settings to find one which work for you.
2018-6-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

It is recommended to make System Calibration to see if the issue persists, have you tried that? GTScreenshot_20180624_161117.png

2018-6-24
Use props
IMMKU
lvl.1
  • >>>

Jq4209 Posted at 2018-6-23 17:54
One of the things you’ll want to review are your smooth track settings via the Ronin app.  There is a full Ronin-S review on YouTube by The Film Poets that give some advice at the end of the review on some settings which might work for you. I like my pan smooth track settings a little tighter to avoid what could be considered drift, but try different settings to find one which work for you.

Thank you! I will watch the video. Love Film Poet’s channel.
2018-6-24
Use props
IMMKU
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-6-24 00:11
It is recommended to make System Calibration to see if the issue persists, have you tried that?[view_image]

Thank you, Mindy! I did a system calibration and then autotuned again. Then I used the settings for User 1 found in this video: I also watched the Film Poets video recommended above by jq4209. Both gave me a better understanding of the settings, how and why they work. There is definitely a learning curve so maybe DJI could do a basic tutorial for rank beginners like me? Thanks again.
2018-6-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

IMMKU Posted at 2018-6-24 10:24
Thank you, Mindy! I did a system calibration and then autotuned again. Then I used the settings for User 1 found in this video: How to use DJI Ronin-S with Canon 1DC I also watched the Film Poets video recommended above by jq4209. Both gave me a better understanding of the settings, how and why they work. There is definitely a learning curve so maybe DJI could do a basic tutorial for rank beginners like me? Thanks again.

Glad to know this video was able to help you out, we also have the official tutorial video about the basic function of APP, please refer to it here:
2018-6-25
Use props
djiuser_Vwyv0P488FG7
New

United States

I’m having trouble getting the gimbal to accept the SmoothTrack setting that I’m creating witht the app. I’ve tried recalibrating, and even conducted balance tests, to confirm that the app is properly communicating with the gimbal. Yet, I still can’t get the gimbal to stop “drifting” when I try a basic walk/dolly shot. Holding the trigger has no effect either. I’m at a loss here, and being a newbie, I’m hoping someone out there can lend some possible solutions. Thank you
2019-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules