12Next >
10466 43 2018-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dr1ten
lvl.1
Norway

Hi,

I have seen the Ronin 2 remote(link) mentioned as compatible with the Ronin-S. It was also shown in use in the promo videos(at 00:31 and 02:23).
But I can't see anything about it on the Ronin-S site anymore, and the faq only mentions the Master Wheels and Force Pro.
Can anyone confirm that the Ronin 2 remote is compatible with the Ronin-S?

Thanks!
2018-6-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

The RC of Ronin 2 is compatible with Ronin-S, no worries.
2018-6-24
Use props
Dr1ten
lvl.1
Norway

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-6-24 00:04
The RC of Ronin 2 is compatible with Ronin-S, no worries.

Thanks, that's good to hear.
And you don't need any extra receivers for the Ronin-S?
2018-6-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Dr1ten Posted at 2018-6-24 01:43
Thanks, that's good to hear.
And you don't need any extra receivers for the Ronin-S?

No, the receiver is needed as well, it is the same as DJI Master Wheels. GTScreenshot_20180625_141534.png
2018-6-24
Use props
Dr1ten
lvl.1

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-6-24 22:16
No, the receiver is needed as well, it is the same as DJI Master Wheels.[view_image]

OK, but that faq entry only mentions the Master Wheels and Force Pro which is sold with a receiver. The regular Ronin 2 remote is not sold with a receiver, and the Ronin 2 Professional Combo kit with the remote included does not come with a dedicated receiver as far as I can tell.
The instruction video on the Ronin 2 remote never mentions the Pro Wireless Receiver and shows the pairing with the built in Ronin 2 screen.

Is it different with the Ronin-S? If so, where can we buy the Pro Wireless Receiver? I can't seem to find it anywhere, except with the Master wheels and Force Pro.

Thanks!
2018-6-24
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

The DJI Pro Wireless receiver will be made available as an accessory. The Master Wheels and Force should start shipping this week and the receiver should be available as a separate item shortly after.
2018-6-25
Use props
Dr1ten
lvl.1

DJI-Paul Posted at 2018-6-25 00:41
The DJI Pro Wireless receiver will be made available as an accessory. The Master Wheels and Force should start shipping this week and the receiver should be available as a separate item shortly after.

Ok, so you need the  DJI Pro Wireless receiver when using the Ronin 2 remote with the Ronin-S, but not when using it with the Ronin 2?
2018-6-25
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Yes because there is no built in wireless receiver other than a bluetooth system that's built into Ronin-S.
2018-6-25
Use props
Dr1ten
lvl.1

DJI-Paul Posted at 2018-6-25 03:09
Yes because there is no built in wireless receiver other than a bluetooth system that's built into Ronin-S.

Ok, thanks!

Any idea on the price of the standalone receiver?
2018-6-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Dr1ten Posted at 2018-6-25 03:19
Ok, thanks!

Any idea on the price of the standalone receiver?

Sorry that we do not have the related info currently, please pay attention to our online store about the future release. Thanks for your interest.
2018-6-26
Use props
fans1369c496
New
Flight distance : 3701 ft
United Kingdom

Any update on this receiver please. It’s been over 2 months now!

2018-8-27
Use props
Rambo Lan
lvl.1
Norway

DJI-Paul Posted at 6-25 00:41

Hi Paul. Is the DJI Pro Wireless Receiver available to order now? From what I understand the Wireless Receiver can only be ordered together with Force Pro.
2018-11-16
Use props
MV1975
Second Officer
Estonia

Hello!
Is it now possible to buy the DJI Pro Wireless Receiver to control Ronin-S with Ronin 2 remote?
I still can't find it at the online store...
2019-3-5
Use props
Mitz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 137388 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

;O)   
Can only read about it at the moment, haha
cannot be purchased stand alone DJI Pro Wireless Receiver  at the moment
I don't think so

Can only read about it at the moment
2019-3-6
Use props
MV1975
Second Officer
Estonia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-6-26 00:01
Sorry that we do not have the related info currently, please pay attention to our online store about the future release. Thanks for your interest.

Hi! Any chances to buy that receiver? About 8 months have passed now...
2019-3-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MV1975 Posted at 3-7 10:17
Hi!  Any chances to buy that receiver? About 8 months have passed now...

Hi there, DJI Pro Wireless Receiver should be released together with the firmware of Ronin 2, we do not have the estimated date yet, please pay attention to our website. Thank you.
2019-3-8
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-8 02:38
Hi there, DJI Pro Wireless Receiver should be released together with the firmware of Ronin 2, we do not have the estimated date yet, please pay attention to our website. Thank you.

Any news or updates on the availability here? Almost a year now...
2019-3-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

CineView Media Posted at 3-19 09:47
Any news or updates on the availability here? Almost a year now...

Hi CineView Media, we are still waiting for the firmware release of Ronin 2, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2019-3-20
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-20 02:13
Hi CineView Media, we are still waiting for the firmware release of Ronin 2, sorry for the inconvenience caused.

What has the fw for R2 to do with the wireless module for Ronin-S?
2019-3-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

CineView Media Posted at 3-22 02:37
What has the fw for R2 to do with the wireless module for Ronin-S?

We need to make them compatible with each other via the firmware update. Appreciate your patience.
2019-3-23
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-23 02:59
We need to make them compatible with each other via the firmware update. Appreciate your patience.

So whats the time frame here, days, weeks or months?
2019-4-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

CineView Media Posted at 4-2 12:32
So whats the time frame here, days, weeks or months?

We don't have the related news currently, I will try to verify with our engineers, but the response may be delayed because of the Chinses Qingming Festival, thanks for your understanding.
2019-4-4
Use props
MV1975
Second Officer
Estonia

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-4 02:17
We don't have the related news currently, I will try to verify with our engineers, but the response may be delayed because of the Chinses Qingming Festival, thanks for your understanding.

Any news now?
2019-6-3
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Whats going on with this nonsense? Are we just being fooled by Dji on this??? Its been over a year now...
2019-8-4
Use props
stefanvb
lvl.1

Germany

CineView Media Posted at 8-4 09:07
Whats going on with this nonsense? Are we just being fooled by Dji on this??? Its been over a year now...

Just bought a Force Pro and it works great with the Ronin-S. I was able to bind my Ronin2 Controller with the Wireless Receiver (it shows a green light after binding), but a joystick move does not show any results on the Ronin-S -  it's eather me doing something wrong or it's part of the issue described  here
2019-8-5
Use props
MV1975
Second Officer
Estonia

stefanvb Posted at 8-5 05:29
Just bought a Force Pro and it works great with the Ronin-S. I was able to bind my Ronin2 Controller with the Wireless Receiver (it shows a green light after binding), but a joystick move does not show any results on the Ronin-S -  it's eather me doing something wrong or it's part of the issue described  here

I was just trying to achieve te same! The Ronin 2 remote connects fine to the Force Pro wireless receiver (2,4GHz). But I didn't had any luck with trying to move the gimbal with the joystick eather. Although Profile switch and Pan/Roll/Tilt max speed knobs are actually working fine! So it seems to be a firmware issue here...

The Force Pro has actually two modes... if you look at Force menu - Custom - Control - Speed or Position. In Position mode it doesn't move my Ronin-S eather! So maybe Ronin 2 remote doesn't support that "Speed mode" at the moment (I don't know what these modes mean exactly - just writing of my experience).

It seems that altough DJI has all the necessary hardware for controlling Ronin-S from distance (bluetooth distance isn't sufficient!), the company doesn't want to sell it for some completely ununderstandable reason!? Why the firmware can't be written if Force Pro can send out the necessary commands? And why should I buy Futaba controller which isn't designed for gimbals (Ronin 2 remote has a far better ergonomics and I don't need a complicated menu of Futaba)

It also seems very odd, that here is absolutely no response from DJI after the 2nd of April (I am assuming that this festival is over now!?)
2019-8-18
Use props
MV1975
Second Officer
Estonia

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-4 02:17

Hello! There has been no answer from DJI from April 4. Could you answer please?
2019-8-22
Use props
huntson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52 ft
United States

Anyone have an update on this?  With the wireless adapter from the Force unit was someone able to sucessfully use the Ronin 2 remote?
2019-8-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi all, Ronin-S has supported Ronin 2 Remote Controller under firmware v1.9.0.80, please update to the latest firmware, thanks. GTScreenshot_20190831_183741.png
2019-8-31
Use props
MV1975
Second Officer
Estonia

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-31 02:38
Hi all, Ronin-S has supported Ronin 2 Remote Controller under firmware v1.9.0.80, please update to the latest firmware, thanks.[view_image]

Thank you very much for the great news!

I have still some questions...

I couldn't figure out if there is a possibility to recenter the gimbal by the Ronin 2 remote (I find it as an important function)...  comparing with the Force Pro it should be done with buttons C1 or C2 - but nothing happened by pressing them.

Would the DJI Pro Wireless Receiver available as a separate item now!?

UPDATE, Sept 3

I have tested the system quite thoroughly now and found a BIG PROBLEM that I couldn't solve. My Ronin S can't keep position on PAN axis when Ronin 2 remote or Force Pro are connected and switched on (using the same receiver, which is connected to the gimbal all the time – so I have just paired it in turn with the Remote or Force Pro for testing). Tilt and Roll axes are holding position perfectly, but it starts to move on pan axis very slowly, but constantly and annoyingly! If I turn off the Remote or Force Pro, it will stop spinning and stays OK (actually not so perfect as tilt or roll, but in acceptable range). I have calibrated Ronin 2 remote and the Ronin S several times already, but the problem hasn't gone away. Balancing test shows all "Excellent".  

The Remote and Force Pro were both paired in 2,4 GHz mode, I couldn't get them paired at 5,8 GHz, although I have switched it to 5,8 GHz on the Receiver. What could be wrong here?

2019-9-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MV1975 Posted at 9-2 10:40
Thank you very much for the great news!

I have still some questions...

No, the mode switch feature is not currently available. The DJI Pro Wireless Receiver and Ronin-MX/S CAN Cable are required to use the Ronin 2 Remote Controller to switch mode.
2019-9-4
Use props
MV1975
Second Officer

DJI Mindy Posted at 9-4 01:29
No, the mode switch feature is not currently available. The DJI Pro Wireless Receiver and Ronin-MX/S CAN Cable are required to use the Ronin 2 Remote Controller to switch mode.

Sorry, but you haven't answered to my questions at all!

I wasn't asking about mode switch! It is clearly written in the firmware release notes, that it isn't working right now. My question was, if it's possible to recenter Ronin S by pressing C1 or C2 on the Ronin 2 remote controller (that feature is available with Force Pro by pressing C1 or C2). I wasn't asking for Recenter Mode, where the gimbal always recenters automatically.

Without the DJI Pro Wireless receiver and Ronin-MX/S CAN Cable I couldn't test that system at all - I don't understand, why you are mentioning them in your answer!?

Please read my previous post again! At the moment the biggest problem is, that the gimbal is slowly rotating on pan axis without any user input when Ronin 2 Remote or Force Pro are connected.
2019-9-4
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
  • >>>

Care to respond to MV1975 last post? Its been 3 weeks now.
2019-9-22
Use props
HeliTV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 620069 ft
  • >>>

I am following this with interest and have been in touch with DJI support.  I'm really struggling to find a source for the wireless receiver and cable in the UK. Has anybody actually got the Ronin S working with the Ronin 2 controller in the UK?
2019-9-23
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>

Awesome set up
2019-9-23
Use props
MV1975
Second Officer

Why it's not possible to buy DJI Pro Wireless Receiver in Europe?????
When would it be available?

And why you are ignoring my questions?

It doesn't look like a good service here, DJI Mindy! That's my opinion!
2019-9-25
Use props
Raffles
lvl.1
Flight distance : 787756 ft

Any news on this? I am keen to get the Ronin S and R2 controller, but reading this I am not sure it will work?? Do I need to buy force pro as well for the receiver?
Anyone compared force pro mobile to Pro on the latest firmware??
Thanks
2019-10-1
Use props
MV1975
Second Officer
Estonia

Thank you very much DJI Mindy for providing such a "GREAT" service here! Haven't got any response from you for over 3 months now!? Wow!
2019-12-19
Use props
MV1975
Second Officer
Estonia

Would I ever get answers to my questions please!? DJI Mindy?
2019-12-29
Use props
benboss
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I also wrote to DJI Support after I purchased the Ronin 2 for my Ronin S but never got a reply.

On the web page it says they are compatible with each other. However, the C1 and C2 buttons can't be mapped to anything, the trigger function of the Ronin S can't be controlled remotely (important for jib function and the adjustment run knobs are failing to do anything. What am I missing and why is there no reply from your support?
2020-2-8
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules