Video looks like in frames when rotating the Spark.
686 11 2018-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zed_Br
lvl.4
Flight distance : 168727 ft
Brazil

Hi,

I did some videos with my Spark and noticed that when I do the rotation, gimble's stabilizing exactly the image, but you can notice some changes in the frame of the video (nothing too grotesque, but it bothers me because it is noticeable). It gets worse when I do a faster rotation. Is this normal in Spark? Has anyone had this symptom and managed to solve? Is it possible that the problem can be my memory card? I'm using a SanDisk Ultra SDXC 64 GB Micro I class 10.

I'd appreciate it if anyone has any idea.

Thank you.

2018-6-23
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Was there any wind when flying ? Also try to record by setting the White Balance from Auto to Sunny or Cloudy and report back.
2018-6-23
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

You card is one of the best you can buy. Try to Format the Sd Card in the Spark too - Go to the Camera section on the App and select settings (the little Gear Icon) and you'll see Format SD Card.
2018-6-23
Use props
Zed_Br
lvl.4
Brazil

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-23 14:06
You card is one of the best you can buy. Try to Format the Sd Card in the Spark too - Go to the Camera section on the App and select settings (the little Gear Icon) and you'll see Format SD Card.

Thanks DMX_MT.

I did it. Will try to fly tomorrow and see the results.
2018-6-23
Use props
Zed_Br
lvl.4
Brazil

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-23 14:03
Was there any wind when flying ? Also try to record by setting the White Balance from Auto to Sunny or Cloudy and report back.

Thanks.

I will do it. Will try to fly tomorrow and see the results.
2018-6-23
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Zed_Br Posted at 2018-6-23 14:44
Thanks DMX_MT.

I did it. Will try to fly tomorrow and see the results.

I have read some other forums who where pointing the finger to the Horizontal Panning Issue as Spark is just a 2 Axis Gimbal, the Third Axis is all Simulated.

Also when Panning move slightly forward don't stay stationary. Maybe it will reduce the Jerk.

Wind Factor is something you need to take into consideration too as the higher you go up the higher the Wind Gusts will be, and there could be temporary gusts of wind stat make shake the Spark.

The best idea is to remove the bad parts, but with practise and testing you can start spotting from where this issue is coming. Remember that the Spark is not a Professional Drone as has some flaws. You just need to find the ways around them.

2018-6-23
Use props
Zed_Br
lvl.4
Brazil

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-23 14:54
I have read some other forums who where pointing the finger to the Horizontal Panning Issue as Spark is just a 2 Axis Gimbal, the Third Axis is all Simulated.

Also when Panning move slightly forward don't stay stationary. Maybe it will reduce the Jerk.

Thanks for the guidelines.

I’m a beginner and I don’t want professionals video for now.
I’ll practice more each day.  I was just afraid if it could be some malfunction of my spark.
2018-6-23
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Zed_Br Posted at 2018-6-23 15:02
Thanks for the guidelines.

I’m a beginner and I don’t want professionals video for now.

I don't really think its a malfunction.

Many have experienced this issue, some suggest just to cut the bad sections and get along.

Remember that the Spark is a 2 Gimbal Drone, the 3rd Axis is just Simulated.

Does this happen when you are stationary and rotating, why don't you try moving slowly forward and rotating. See if the jerk happens too.

Some little issues can only be solved by Practise, and I am sure you will find a way around this by testing more and more.

Good luck, keep us update what worked best for you Buddy !

2018-6-24
Use props
Zed_Br
lvl.4
Brazil

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-24 08:26
I don't really think its a malfunction.

Many have experienced this issue, some suggest just to cut the bad sections and get along.

Hi MDX_MT,

I did some tests today and seems everything is fine with some adjustments in the camera's configuration.
The weather was not so good today and my test was at evening, but the record was nice.

Thanks for your help.
2018-6-24
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Zed_Br Posted at 2018-6-24 15:59
Hi MDX_MT,

I did some tests today and seems everything is fine with some adjustments in the camera's configuration.

What setting did you do Zed ?

You removed the Set the AutoWhite Balance to Manual by choosing Sunny or Cloudy ?

A friend was using ND Filters, and he left the Setting on Auto, then when putting it to a Preset like Sunny he told me the Jerk in the Video (Stutter) was gone.

I am asking you this so that we can help some other Pilots having this issue Please.

Thank you so much for Reporting Back Buddy ! Glad you made Progress.

2018-6-24
Use props
Zed_Br
lvl.4
Brazil

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-24 16:59
What setting did you do Zed ?

You removed the Set the AutoWhite Balance to Manual by choosing Sunny or Cloudy ?

First I have formatted again my SD card in my Spark. Then I changed the AW balance to cloudy (today was cloudy here) and last I did the rotation more smoothly.
I’ll keep doing other tests and let you know. Waiting for a sunny day.
2018-6-24
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Zed_Br Posted at 2018-6-24 17:20
First I have formatted again my SD card in my Spark. Then I changed the AW balance to cloudy (today was cloudy here) and last I did the rotation more smoothly.
I’ll keep doing other tests and let you know. Waiting for a sunny day.

Really BIG Welldone Zed !

I am so Happy for You Brother !

Have a Good Night and Goodluck with the Flying !

2018-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules