Inspire 2 Lossing GPS signal - Kicked into ATTI
663 6 2018-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Herc7
lvl.2
Canada

Hey everyone,
I'm having an issue with my Inspire 2.  Off and on I've had GPS issues but lately it had been pretty good and no issues.  My firmware was out of date so I updated everything, plugged all sets of batteries in and had no inconsistencies.  Then calibrated the compass before my next flight.  I was roughly 40 m away from a power line, 5 m from my truck and no phone on my body when calibrating.  I also had 17-18 satellites before takeoff.  

During flight I was consistently losing GPS signal and kicked into ATTI mode.  It then went back to GPS. After this I went to do a mapping mission using DJI GSPro.  Had 17-19 satellites at start of flight and all was looking good, it flew out to the starting point, took 1 or 2 pictures and then the GPS signal was lost because it just quit mapping (and tracker wasn't working) and hovered in place (drifting in the wind too so clearly had no GPS lock and was in ATTI), I then flew it back and landed.

I did try 3 mapping missions and pretty well same thing happened each time.  I had issues last year, never in my mapping missions though.

What is happening?  Is the compass buggered up and needs replacing?  I wasn't near anything strongly magnetic, towers, large steel.  It is getting tiresome.

I can peel off my flight logs and send them to someone at DJI if they can be somewhat efficient reviewing.

Thanks.
2018-6-23
Use props
Herc7
lvl.2
Canada

Also - The errors I get in flight are:
2018-6-23
Use props
Herc7
lvl.2
Canada

Also - The errors I get in flight are:

Compass Error - Exit P-GPS mode, switch to ATTI
Working IMU encounters error, switch to ATTI mode

I just went and flew it outside my house (in the country).

AND when it kicks me out of GPS mode to ATTI the camera spins to face a different direction.  Usually spins so it is facing 135 degrees away from the front. And the yaw is buggered up a bit.
2018-6-23
Use props
Altitude Drones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1488520 ft

I had a a compass error for the first time last week.

I'd calibrated the compass in a car-park on a racetrack and at the time suspected there may be metal under the tarmac. Been on a tight schedule I calibrated anyway and then received the warning and lost GPS for a few seconds while in flight - Not ideal..

After re calibrating in a different location on grass, everything seems to have returned to normal.

If your getting the same error often after re-calibrating and flying in different locations I'd suggest re-installing the FW. If that doesn't work I'd say you may have a hardware issue.

If the issue persists in one location then there may be some kind of magnetic interference in that area.

There's a couple of previous threads about the gimbal spinning for no reason with the latest FW. I don't remember it be reported with loss of GPS though.

Good luck!

2018-6-23
Use props
Herc7
lvl.2
Canada

Altitude Drones Posted at 2018-6-23 17:08
I had a a compass error for the first time last week.

I'd calibrated the compass in a car-park on a racetrack and at the time suspected there may be metal under the tarmac. Been on a tight schedule I calibrated anyway and then received the warning and lost GPS for a few seconds while in flight - Not ideal..

Appreciate it.  I need to try to fly this site again tomorrow morning-I am going to take my eBee and Phantom 4 to make sure it gets done.  But I might head out into the middle of my quarter section before hand and calibrate it there first, to elimate one of the options anyway.  If it persists I'm going to have it looked at further.  

Appreciate the reply.
2018-6-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, sorry for the late response. Please calibrate the compass, then try the flight in different locations where the GPS is good and no magnetic interference, if there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know. We're glad to help.
2018-6-24
Use props
Highasakite
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

Herc7, have you done an IMU calibration? That may help! Safety First! Ken.
2018-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules