12Next >
57413 43 2018-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
iamjustjohn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 995600 ft
United States

This evening I was going to take my P4P V2.0 up in an area that is marked as an Authorization Zone on the GEO map however my DJI GO 4 app was telling me that this is a restricted no-fly zone and the drone would not start or allow me to take off. His area is NOT a real no-fly zone so so something must be wrong. I’ve never run into this issue before anywhere I’ve tried to fly. I went on to the self unlock site at https://www.dji.com/flysafe/self-unlock and verified that the specific area I’m at is indeed a zone that I can unlock. So tonight after it was too dark to fly and I learn about the self unlock site through some quick research I attempted to self unlock the area I’m at and want to fly at. It said unlock was granted after I filled in all of the necessary info. My question is if I chose the date for tomorrow will I be able to fly? I’m just confused as to why the app thinks I’m in a red no fly zone. My GEO zones are current in my DJI GO 4 app as I verified that. Any ideas? I’ve only been flying a few weeks so is this a common issue for people to experience?
2018-6-23
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

Unlock is good for 2 days. I don't think you can unlock for a future date but you should be good for tomorrow.
Confusing is that the app says "restricted no-fly zone". Are these the exact words?
If it was a NFZ you wouldn't be able to unlock. So it looks like you are in an authorization zone as the GEO map is telling you.
2018-6-23
Use props
iamjustjohn
lvl.4
United States

Eric13 Posted at 2018-6-23 23:27
Unlock is good for 2 days. I don't think you can unlock for a future date but you should be good for tomorrow.
Confusing is that the app says "restricted no-fly zone". Are these the exact words?
If it was a NFZ you wouldn't be able to unlock. So it looks like you are in an authorization zone as the GEO map is telling you.

Here is a picture of my iPad Mini 4’s display showing me the restriction message. There was no way for me to override this in the app itself that I could see though a couple times I received an acknowledgment type screen asking me to accept the risk and responsibility for my flight. Unfortunately, I didn’t take a picture of that window though.
2018-6-24
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Maybe it's not happy you have only six satellites...?

Why did you scribble out whatever comes after "Restricted zone type:"?

The graphic appears to be trying to tell you about graduated height issues which would be in regards to your distance to the airport and the height you're permitted to fly.  My understanding is that, although you can unlock a yellow authorization zone, the no fly system will still limit your vertical flight.  The closer you are to the airport, the more restricted your vertical flight becomes.  It might even include a height of zero, if you're close enough to the airport.  I've never tested this myself though.  
2018-6-24
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-6-24 02:28
Maybe it's not happy you have only six satellites...?

"appears to be trying to tell you about graduated height issues"
Ain't that just the distance to an obstacle showing up under the "radar"?

@John
What type of zone(s) is showing on the flysafe maps?
The type you have been able to unlock without issues in the app by conforming a prompt i think has been a green "Enhanced Warning Zone", i have them all over.
2018-6-24
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
  • >>>

iamjustjohn Posted at 2018-6-24 00:33
Here is a picture of my iPad Mini 4’s display showing me the restriction message. There was no way for me to override this in the app itself that I could see though a couple times I received an acknowledgment type screen asking me to accept the risk and responsibility for my flight. Unfortunately, I didn’t take a picture of that window though. [view_image]

Recreational airports have authorization zones around them. Not NF zones. So you should be able to unlock.
What happens if you tap "Error detected"?
You probably know in which direction this airport is situated. Try moving further back in the opposite direction and see what happens.

BTW: It has nothing to do with GPS. You can start and fly without having a GPS lock.

2018-6-24
Use props
iamjustjohn
lvl.4
United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-6-24 03:03
"appears to be trying to tell you about graduated height issues"
Ain't that just the distance to an obstacle showing up under the "radar"?

It is showing: warning zone, enhanced warning zone (both green) and authorization zone (unlock authorization available).
2018-6-24
Use props
iamjustjohn
lvl.4
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-6-24 02:28
Maybe it's not happy you have only six satellites...?

I scribbled it out because I don’t want the world to know where I’m flying. I’m flying over some private property with permission from the owner.

I had no intention of flying with only 6 sat locked. I just took the picture of the screen at this point to hopefully get some help on what to do.
2018-6-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello, we do apologize that you are having issues with your DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 please try to visit the link provided or reach us thru email flysafe@dji.com.
2018-6-24
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

iamjustjohn Posted at 2018-6-24 05:38
It is showing: warning zone, enhanced warning zone (both green) and authorization zone (unlock authorization available).

As long there's no red zones there shouldn't be the big issues assuming things are working as documented, make sure you zoom in close on the area as some zones only show in close zoom.

Are you able to see your unlocking in the list found under General Settings in the app? - if so you might need to set it active.
The alternative method would be, if you have internet access on the location it should be as simple as the Enhanced Warning Zones, a few clicks in the app.
2018-6-24
Use props
iamjustjohn
lvl.4
United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-6-24 06:21
As long there's no red zones there shouldn't be the big issues assuming things are working as documented, make sure you zoom in close on the area as some zone only show in close zoom.

Are you able to see your unlocking in the list found under General Settings in the app? - if so you might need to set it active.

I will check. Thanks!
2018-6-24
Use props
iamjustjohn
lvl.4
United States

So after dark last night and after I discovered the self-unlock I unlocked the area I wanted to fly in today. I got a successsful unlock message last evening and thought I’d be good to go today. Much to my disappointment this morning I was still getting the no fly message. My P4P V2.0 was not connected to my device or remote when I initially submitted the unlock request online. Is this something you need to be connected to your drone to successfully unlock? If so this isn’t made to clear to the pilot.

So wanting to figure it out and not wanting to throw in the towel just yet I went and attempted to unlock the zone again this time with my P4P V2.0  powered up and connect to my controller and DJI GO 4 app.

And I STILL could not take off!

[Continued to new post for image attachment restrictions on the forums.]

2018-6-24
Use props
iamjustjohn
lvl.4
United States

I then went back into the app and got this pop up message.

I followed the prompts.

Now it looks like I’m ready to fly as it states in the upper left corner of the DJI GO 4 app.

Will I have to go through this tedious process everytime I want to fly in this area?
2018-6-24
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

My understanding is that if you use the online portal to get unlocked and you get approved, that's great, but you still must boot up your system with an internet connection so that the approval information can be transferred from the DJI server to your Phantom's no fly zone info installed on the aircraft.  Otherwise, there's no way for the aircraft to know it's been already approved to fly in whatever zone.  Hence, the message "I agree to upload the DJI device hardware information."

So, provided your system has been powered up with an internet connection and the no fly approval info has been uploaded to your Phantom, you should be able to fly.  

Re the tedious process, that's why I would prefer to do it with the online portal since it's good for three calendar days instead of 24 hours, which is all you get when you do it on the spot.

If you want to fly again next week, you'd have to go though the process again, of course.  Maybe if you emailed flysafe, they could approve you for longer.  I don't know anything about that.  

Also, I still think you may have height limitations as I mentioned above and as described in your manual.  Let us know what happens!
2018-6-24
Use props
iamjustjohn
lvl.4
United States

I was able to run two batteries through the P4P this evening. Two flights, successful evening. I am going through video and images now. To my knowledge I did not have any flight restrictions as none were apparent to me.

I wonder if I e-mailed flysafe@dji.com if they would be able to give me continual clearance to fly my drone here. I may try that as there is really no reason why I shouldn't have been able to safely fly here to begin with.
2018-6-24
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
  • >>>

iamjustjohn Posted at 2018-6-24 18:13
I was able to run two batteries through the P4P this evening. Two flights, successful evening. I am going through video and images now. To my knowledge I did not have any flight restrictions as none were apparent to me.

I wonder if I e-mailed  if they would be able to give me continual clearance to fly my drone here. I may try that as there is really no reason why I shouldn't have been able to safely fly here to begin with.

So finally a Happy End!  :-)

Keep us posted about DJIs reply about continuous unlock.
That may be interesting for others here as well.
2018-6-25
Use props
Thermographer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1417362 ft
United States

I wonder if it had something to do with the close proximity to the High School.
2018-6-25
Use props
Baltimoredrones
lvl.1
Flight distance : 187749 ft

Am having the same issue - I am just outside of a No Fly Zone, yet cannot fly. How can I override?
The self unlock is not allowing me to do so. That zone right near me (1/2 a block) is a prison.
Any ideas?
2018-10-7
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>

Yeah,  a Prison......that's one of those places that you are NOT supposed to fly within 1/2 to a mile away, maybe further.

Check the GEO map and see if you are inside the red circle.......if so....NFZ.

Randy

2018-10-8
Use props
Freeradical26
lvl.1

United States

iamjustjohn Posted at 6-24 18:13

I wonder if I e-mailed  if they would be able to give me continual clearance to fly my drone here. I may try that as there is really no reason why I shouldn't have been able to safely fly here to begin with.

Dji sucks.
2018-11-10
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Then why have you only got a DJI administrator as friend ?
2018-11-10
Use props
Mark Weiss
Second Officer
United States

This is the kind of BS I'm annoyed with. One should not have to beg for permission to fly their toy model aircraft. A warning message about the class of airspace is fine, but actually inhibiting motor start ought to be a crime. You paid for the aircraft and it fails to operate. So much for consumer protection laws.
2018-11-10
Use props
Inspired Inspire
lvl.1
United States

Mark Weiss Posted at 2018-11-10 17:57
This is the kind of BS I'm annoyed with. One should not have to beg for permission to fly their toy model aircraft. A warning message about the class of airspace is fine, but actually inhibiting motor start ought to be a crime. You paid for the aircraft and it fails to operate. So much for consumer protection laws.

This has nothing to do with consumer protection laws. Blanketly allowing motor start should be a crime, not simply hindering it in certain areas. Nobody has to "beg for permission". In certain flight zones, us Remote Pilots are merely required to document our identity, our crafts validity and formally request flight authorization. Remember, a "toy model aircraft" can hurt, even kill someone if not operated in a safe and professional manner or even collide with a passenger aircraft. Yes, it's a pain to have to go through all the steps in order to fly in certain areas but the industry is evolving at an alarming rate and the checks and balances are a valid necessity. Granted, the FAA should have spent the money to have the UNLOCK interface be a simple procedure, but no, they are WAY behind on that. The approval process will become more fluid as time passes. Overall, I'm glad the restrictions are in place or else every Tom, Dick and Mary could just buy a quad and fly wherever, wherever and as high as they wanted to and you know darn well that would be happening everywhere, without restrictions in place. Please stay calm, stay safe and keep flying responsibly.
2019-2-12
Use props
fans9777ef64
lvl.1

United States

My Mavic Pro says it’s in a no fly zone and I’m literally in an open field with nothing around no electrical cables or nothing i don’t understand  why it says that my friend launched his Mavic air with no problem
2019-2-23
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Tell us your location and we can check it out
2019-2-23
Use props
fans9777ef64
lvl.1

Puerto Rico

Mark The Droner Posted at 2-23 13:26
Tell us your location and we can check it out

i just got home and tryed to fly here where and nothing I’ve never had this problem at my house some thing must be wrong
2019-2-23
Use props
Mark Weiss
Second Officer
United States

Inspired Inspire Posted at 2-12 06:59
This has nothing to do with consumer protection laws. Blanketly allowing motor start should be a crime, not simply hindering it in certain areas. Nobody has to "beg for permission". In certain flight zones, us Remote Pilots are merely required to document our identity, our crafts validity and formally request flight authorization. Remember, a "toy model aircraft" can hurt, even kill someone if not operated in a safe and professional manner or even collide with a passenger aircraft. Yes, it's a pain to have to go through all the steps in order to fly in certain areas but the industry is evolving at an alarming rate and the checks and balances are a valid necessity. Granted, the FAA should have spent the money to have the UNLOCK interface be a simple procedure, but no, they are WAY behind on that. The approval process will become more fluid as time passes. Overall, I'm glad the restrictions are in place or else every Tom, Dick and Mary could just buy a quad and fly wherever, wherever and as high as they wanted to and you know darn well that would be happening everywhere, without restrictions in place. Please stay calm, stay safe and keep flying responsibly.

It's going too far when you can't fly in your own back yard, or even indoors, because you are within 5 miles of a heliport or a hospital.

Face the fact that if a passenger plane is flying below treetop level over your back yard, it's going to crash. No commercial aircraft should be flying that low unless it's lost power and is in the process of augering in.

What I can get behind is an altitude restriction as you get closer to an air field perimeter. A blanket ban on motor start is just wrong. There's just no way to collide with commercial a/c at below 100', unless you are flying ON the airport runway.
2019-3-22
Use props
fans8093b682
New

Dominica

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-6-24 05:50
Hello, we do apologize that you are having issues with your DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 please try to visit the link provided or reach us thru email .

stephen need your help ... in St Vicent  Grenadines , vacation from Miami... we have a wedding week and need Mavic Pro 2 to work... giving NFZ error.. artdavid@gmail.com
2019-3-26
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

fans8093b682 Posted at 3-26 18:49
stephen need your help ... in St Vicent  Grenadines , vacation from Miami... we have a wedding week and need Mavic Pro 2 to work... giving NFZ error.. artdavid@gmail.com

Are you near the airport?
2019-3-28
Use props
fans77919f69
New
United States

“There's just no way to collide with commercial a/c at below 100', unless you are flying ON the airport runway.“

What if a helicopter flys overhead?  A p4 could easily crash into it...

2019-4-17
Use props
georgenqueiroz
New

Brazil

Hi everybody! I used to fly in a small town with a population of just 10 thousand people for the past two years or so. Since the last software update, I can't fly there anymore because the entire town is in a no fly area zone due to a small airfield that is located nearby. However, this airfield was deactivated few years ago and no airplane is allowed to land there. Does anybody knows what I have to do in order to ask DJI to remove that no fly zone?  Thanks in advance.

That's the town:
https://www.google.com.br/maps/p ... 11499!4d-42.6303208
2019-4-27
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Oh my goodness...
2019-4-27
Use props
chauminhle
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

That's it for me, selling all my DJI drones and going over to the new Xiaomi range ........
This has become too much hassle just to fly in my local park.
absolutely ridiculous.
2019-5-10
Use props
Brian 240
lvl.2
United States

chauminhle Posted at 5-10 01:52
That's it for me, selling all my DJI drones and going over to the new Xiaomi range ........
absolutely ridiculous.

I am having issue similar.  I am 107 certified have waiver to fly etc and cannot take off been trying to do 3 jobs in 3 mile radius have got the approval from dji but cannot take off,  I have found solution.  just to cover these 3 jobs which are worth $1250  buy anafi drone.  unfortunately best buy didnt have at local store so will drive 27 miles tomorrow to get one.  then in couple of weeks get Huneec.  tried and tried to get dji help.  absolutely waste of time,
2019-7-13
Use props
Brian 240
lvl.2
United States

chauminhle Posted at 5-10 01:52
absolutely ridiculous.

I am having issue similar.  I am 107 certified have waiver to fly etc and cannot take off been trying to do 3 jobs in 3 mile radius have got the approval from dji but cannot take off,  I have found solution.  just to cover these 3 jobs which are worth $1250  buy anafi drone.  unfortunately best buy didnt have at local store so will drive 27 miles tomorrow to get one.  then in couple of weeks get Huneec.  tried and tried to get dji help.  absolutely waste of time,
2019-7-13
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

We'll need more info.  For starters, you could show us the log via this site:  https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2019-7-14
Use props
fansafd82e84
New
United Kingdom

Eric13 Posted at 2018-6-23 23:27

Nope . Same issue i have a permenant unlock for London Stansted Airport but it refuses to take off as im a NFZ even though its cystal f clear where i am
2019-7-14
Use props
SergeKasss
lvl.1
United States

Had the same problem here in New York, Lawrence, NY 11559.
NFZ, went and obtained permission through FlySafe, uploaded it to DJI Mavic 2 Pro, accepted all terms and agreed to risks involved. Still couldn't take off. Mind saying this was a wedding and the Bride and Groom are now angry. I tried to restart the drone did everything possible.

What a deceiving move to screw your clients like that.
2019-8-30
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

SergeKasss Posted at 8-30 21:13
Had the same problem here in New York, Lawrence, NY 11559.
NFZ, went and obtained permission through FlySafe, uploaded it to DJI Mavic 2 Pro, accepted all terms and agreed to risks involved. Still couldn't take off. Mind saying this was a wedding and the Bride and Groom are now angry. I tried to restart the drone did everything possible.

Sounds to me like you were approved for the blue zone but there is no flying within the overlapping red zone.  

If you have an important flight coming up, it would be a good idea to do a practice flight a few days before.   

If you have a problem, you could then request a custom unlock by following the procedure outlined in the link below.  

https://www.dji.com/flysafe/custom-unlock

Good luck
2019-8-31
Use props
Coompy
lvl.1

Australia

Yep, this is ridiculous overreaching by DJI. I can buy a car that can do 150mph; doesn’t mean I will, I am the one who decides. I can get a gun that can kill people that has no restrictions other than me deciding not to. On the other hand, they are protecting their market by trying to be proactive, so when a helicopter is hit by one, they can say they tried! But seriously, it should just be a warning that an individual is free to click ‘ignore’ if they wish.
2019-12-9
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules