No Fly Zone Help [SOLVED!]
57553 43 2018-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adam.dji
New

United States

Coompy Posted at 2019-12-9 05:35
Yep, this is ridiculous overreaching by DJI. I can buy a car that can do 150mph; doesn’t mean I will, I am the one who decides. I can get a gun that can kill people that has no restrictions other than me deciding not to. On the other hand, they are protecting their market by trying to be proactive, so when a helicopter is hit by one, they can say they tried! But seriously, it should just be a warning that an individual is free to click ‘ignore’ if they wish.

I am getting *very* close to ...canning my phantom4 and buying from somebody else
I did the auth, and the drone still refused to even lift off.  With every attempt to lift off, it would give a worthless 3 word error message.   Would providing any details have overtaxed your software developers?   Does DJI think there is air traffic flying below the rooftops?  I know what 400' is.  WTF can't I even go up 25'?  
My only theory for why the phantom was so worthless is that it was behind on the latest system update.  Am I supposed to stop everything whenever dji has another update?  
Believe it or not, some people use their drones away from home without an internet connection.  

I am so fed up with this nanny bull....  Like a prior poster mentioned, I have a car that can exceed the speed limit;  I would not tolerate a car that would shut down and require a tow truck any time the speed limit was exceeded by a single MPH.
2020-5-19
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

See if post #15 helps.  Good luck
2020-5-19
Use props
adammrob
New
United States

What's even better is how it tried to land itself in someone's backyard yesterday due to NFZ without giving me a choice.  It'll take off if you disconnect the phone/FPV, but apparently it's still "smart enough" to know how to screw you anyways.  Agree 100% with some of these sentiments, I'm a big boy and can handle big boy decisions on my own... y'know, decisions like buying a $1300 drone that's now a freaking paperweight.
2020-8-20
Use props
djiuser_D0rfWqhoi5MQ
New

United States

With all of these no fly rules why haven't anyone lobbied Congress for more favorable legal laws for aircraft flier enthusiasts like me?   The deck is stacked against drone lovers for sure.  What will the law makers do when cars become aircrafts and be flown to and from work or just flying in general i.e., bus transporters that will be in flight or drones will be people transporters?  Will you that are selling these products to consumers lobby against those who are willing to totally restrict us because of their own best interest by permitting the State, County, City Police, DOT, DOEPA, DOWLER, DOER etc. fining & locking up the consumers with extreme citations & felonious violations and not allow for true areas that we can consider to fly these drones in?  This is appalling that no one has even considered these factors or even gave the consumer the benefit of a doubt, for that matter the manufacturers, distributors, and facilitatories are just leaving us who support all of you out for the wolves.   What and when will you products sellers and the likes stand up for the consumers rather than leaving us without a leg to stand on?  I realize that these consumer must take responsibility uppn ownership of the product; however, where are you in these matters of concern?  To say the least, I feel that the bottom line is purchase at your own risk.  This ladies and gentlemen is not how one should sell the products of the pass, present, or the future.  We need answers to these important questions and now rather than later.  There should have been large members/supporters of the products no matter who made them or what stock prices are on the market to promote its production, marketing strategies, or investors.  We deserve better than this.  I looked at the maps of the so called no fly zones, the regulations from each state and none of them are in the consumer's favor.  What a terrible way to treat those who have no stock investments supporting the product itself or the companies that have connections to the manufacturers or distrubutors of these products.  Perhaps a need for these and other questions and support should be brought before Congress to provide a safer environment for consumers which we deserve.  This is bigger than those who push the envelope.  I realize that I am just the small consumer who happens to love flying my drone no matter what brand name it is and truly believe that better representation should be considered.  
2020-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules