DJI GO App for Osmo does not show OSMO
4328 7 2018-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DALLEN
lvl.2
United States

I jsut got the Osmo 2. The manual says to download DJO GO from the Apple app store. So I find it at the app store, and it says it's for the "P3, Osmo, I1 & Matrice".

so I download it, start it up, and it asks me to connect to my device. The device choices it gives me is Inspire 1, Inspire 1 PRO and Inspire 1 RAW.

Nowhere to be found is the Osmo, Osmo 2, or Matrice.

Then when trying to post this, it won;t, saying i need to selected a "theme corresponding type" yet nowhere is there a section that shows that. I presume you mean select a topic.

How the hell do you do run a business like that?!

2018-6-23
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize if you're having some issues with your app. Can you provide some screenshots of what you're seeing in your screen so that we can isolate the issue?
2018-6-24
Use props
WhiteNoiseMaker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61785 ft

swipe left until you see the OSMO selection screen
2018-6-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Please ensure that your phone is connected to the Osmo mobile 2 via bluetooth.
2018-6-24
Use props
DALLEN
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-6-24 08:55
Please ensure that your phone is connected to the Osmo mobile 2 via bluetooth.

Ok, I did the swipe left thing and there is the Osmo, and the drag-down menu has the Osmo Mobile 2. Even though WiFi was turned on, it didn't work for 5 or so minutes and finally it went through the initial thing and finally paired up and is working now.

Intuitively, the first page screen's drop down menu should have all devices listed. The helpful responses here which I appreciate should have been in the manual.

There is a saying in engineering and design - "If it requires an instruction manual, there is room for improvement."

Thanks all!
2018-6-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Glad to know that you were able to fix the issue and thanks for the feedback, anyway I would like to clarify that if you're using an Osmo mobile 2 you'll be needing to connect via bluetooth, not Wi-Fi. Please keep us posted if you need our assistance.
2018-6-24
Use props
fans1cf1e129
New
Nigeria

Hello,my osmo doesnot connect to my app anymore. It shows a dreadful black screen, so i deleted and reinstalled the app. Now the osmo icon does not show up on the app anymore. Help please
2018-11-18
Use props
Roger_Ramjet
New

Australia

DJI Wanda Posted at 6-24 01:16
Hello there. We apologize if you're having some issues with your app. Can you provide some screenshots of what you're seeing in your screen so that we can isolate the issue?

This issue is a lingering sore. I've had my OSMO Mobile 2 for at least 4 days now and I still haven't been able to set it up and connect to it with any DJI. I've read many other posts on this subject but nothing that's been suggested works. There've been very confident responses like " Just click on this ...[provided] ... link but every time, whether pre or post V4, whatever has been reassuringly suggested, I end up at the same place - i.e., when I open the app I get to the screen saying "Connect your DJI device" and am only offered a choice between INSPIRE 1 RAW, INSPIRE 1 PRo and INSPIRE 1.  I carefully watched the "How to prepare DJI OSMO Mobile 2" video posted on DJI Support's YouTube channel and everything is fine until the 2:05 mark where I'm told to, "Select OSMO Mobile 2". In all this time I haven't found a DJI app that shows "OSMO Mobile 2" as an option. Swiping to the left does nothing.  I assume that all the people who so helpfully and confidently provide advice have successfully connected their phone and the DJI gimbal with the right app. But according to DJI Support's video above you need to select the OSMO Mobile 2 option BEFORE you can connect them via Bluetooth - so logically, they must have been able to get past my current impasse. What am I missing? I apologize if I'm raving on a bit but I'm both frustrated and flabbergasted that DJI can use develop such astonishingly complex technology to build such superb machines but they seem unable to deal with this simple problem once and for all simply by providing an app that takes their customers like me to the correct product to connect to. Is that really too much to ask for?  
Oh, and just one more thing, I'm sure DJI is a proudly Chinese corporation and they have every justification for being proud of their products and achievements, and they have every right to use Chinese as the first language on their websites, but I'd find it very helpful if they provided an English translation for their customers like me who can't speak Chinese. I even went to the trouble of trying to use Google Translate to figure out how to complete an email support response form but I when I wasn't able to select and copy the Chinese characters to enter them into Google Translate, I finally gave up.

PLEASE, can someone put me out of my misery and simply point me to where I can find the correct app for the OSMO Mobile 2 ?
2018-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules