Gimbal guard, keep leaving on :SOLOUTION
1116 13 2018-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wobbles
Second Officer
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>

Keep leaving gimbal guard on so did a quick simple soloution with my vinyl printer , but can be done with bit of sticky back plastic or , just plain selotape and paper

the idea is make it bright ,and to cover battery power button...
All it is ,is stuck onto gimbal guard, and the bit that goes over battery has the backing on so it just flaps over ..

IMG_2267.jpg
2018-6-24
Use props
wobbles
Second Officer
  • >>>

2018-6-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good idea   
2018-6-24
Use props
Bernzie
lvl.1
Australia

Thanks for that, I might employ this method with mine.
2018-6-24
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

The other simple solution is always check your drone before taking off and dont rush to get it in the air.  

Check props, check battery latched, fit the required filter and remove clamp after fitting filter.
2018-6-24
Use props
wobbles
Second Officer
  • >>>

gnirtS Posted at 2018-6-24 03:22
The other simple solution is always check your drone before taking off and dont rush to get it in the air.  

Check props, check battery latched, fit the required filter and remove clamp after fitting filter.

yea in a ideal world thats great ,but cant hurt to have a failsafe eh ?
2018-6-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Great idea. Thank you for sharing.
2018-6-24
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can't tell you how many times, I've turned the drone on, then put it down to back away to start my other preflight checks, only to see the blurry screen and run back to the aircraft to take the gimbal cover off!!
2018-6-24
Use props
Rivi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74521 ft
United Arab Emirates

that is a great idea!  Hope DJI comes up with a solution not to start the bird with the cover on.
2018-6-24
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rivi Posted at 2018-6-24 07:43
that is a great idea!  Hope DJI comes up with a solution not to start the bird with the cover on.

wait. stop.  Now you're just talking crazy!!  what are you doing??  trying to put logic in this?
2018-6-24
Use props
Rivi
lvl.4
United Arab Emirates

3-D Posted at 2018-6-24 07:52
wait. stop.  Now you're just talking crazy!!  what are you doing??  trying to put logic in this?

Yessssss
2018-6-24
Use props
wobbles
Second Officer
  • >>>

Rivi Posted at 2018-6-24 07:43
that is a great idea!  Hope DJI comes up with a solution not to start the bird with the cover on.

yea this could be a very simple fix , or maybee a aftermarket cover , i know we would have to purchase it but cant think it would be that much..would be a great gesture for DJI to roll one out to all owners, (cant see that happening LOL ..so my fix is cheap and effective , not the most glamerous but IT WORKS,
I found that the most times i left cover on is when i at home just connecting up to app to check settings etc, so not flying , just a maintanence thing , hence i dont do my pre flight checks when its sitting on my table , while i work inside DJI GO 4
2018-6-24
Use props
Rivi
lvl.4
United Arab Emirates

wobbles Posted at 2018-6-24 08:32
yea this could be a very simple fix , or maybee a aftermarket cover , i know we would have to purchase it but cant think it would be that much..would be a great gesture for DJI to roll one out to all owners, (cant see that happening LOL ..so my fix is cheap and effective , not the most glamerous but IT WORKS,
I found that the most times i left cover on is when i at home just connecting up to app to check settings etc, so not flying , just a maintanence thing , hence i dont do my pre flight checks when its sitting on my table , while i work inside DJI GO 4

I have done it a couple of times and now got into the habit of checking it.  The sticker idea is good as its "in your face"
2018-6-25
Use props
LookAt_Wictim
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2621982 ft
Slovakia

I have this sticker it is red and when im rotating drone to turn it on i will always see it

2018-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules