Traveling with DJI Spark?
1508 8 2018-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans569efeed
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

Would like some tips and advice on how I can travel with my DJI Spark on the plane as I’m going to be traveling in a few weeks ..

Will the batteries explode or catch on fire ?
2018-6-24
Use props
fans569efeed
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

Can I put it in my big luggage’s or do I need to put it in a handbag and take it in cabin with me?
2018-6-24
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

You have to put them in the hand luggage. I don't suggest you take more than 2pcs. Else share them with some one who is travelling with you.

Best is u use Lipo Bags to be safe and contact covers.

You need to discharge them too, then re charge when you arrive.

The best thing is phone the Airline and ask them if everything is ok, I would check with the Airports Websites if there are any restrictions too.
2018-6-24
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

It depends a lot where you are going some countries won't allow Drones.
2018-6-24
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
United States

Except Emirates with a strict "no drone in carry on", which they only can really control in Dubai, I do not know any Airline which has "problems" with the drone in carry on.
Also no one ever wanted to see/check on the drone batteries, which I carried up to 6 with me in carry on.Fully charged, btw.!
They wanna always see the powerbank, never mention the other little batteries in the bag.
Anyway, people may disagree here, but the logic and experience tells: Drone or lipos in carry on is more a problem of the airport security check zones.
Not many airports are the airline airports. Dubai is also only prohibiting drones in handluggage of emirates planes.

And I think tips from experience ('d drone travellers) are much more reliable, as from hearsay.
So where you wanna fly and what airline is in question.
Gives the people with experience a chance to jump in

2018-6-24
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oh:
You can put your drone in the check in luggage.
Even with the one battery IN the drone.
But all other lipos have to be in carry on
And:
I just wouldnt do that.
Best case, the check in arrives on departure day with the spark
Worst case, the luggage arrives without the spark
2018-6-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello. The best way on how to know how to bring and pack your DJI Spark when travelling is to get in touch with the airline company for instruction how to bring your Drone and contact the Airport Authorities for rules and regulations as well. Thank you.
2018-6-24
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-6-24 06:32
Hello. The best way on how to know how to bring and pack your DJI Spark when travelling is to get in touch with the airline company for instruction how to bring your Drone and contact the Airport Authorities for rules and regulations as well. Thank you.

Thank you Stephen for your Kind Help !

2018-6-24
Use props
Terp1234
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50906 ft
Netherlands

Travelling to Canada soon, so I asked airliner Air Transat about their rules. They replied me quickly:
-        The drone – with Lithium Batteries - may be transported in the cabin as long as the carry-on dimensions and weight are respected (23X40X51cm – 10KG)
-        The batteries must be disconnected from the drone
-        The terminals must be isolated from the drone and the batteries must brought in the cabin
-        The drone will be included in your carry-on bag
-        You must contact the Canadian embassy to ensure that you are allowed to enter to the country with this item.

I will print this out and take it with so I can show it at the airport. So it's always good to contact your specific airliner.
2018-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules