Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
IMPORTANT INFO ! SOFTWARE GLITCH
6483 22 2018-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Reuben Burciaga
New

IF YOU ARE FLYING YOUR DRONE AND YOUR CONTROLLER TELLS YOU ATTI MODE EXITING GPS IT WILL REAQUIRE GPS AGAIN ONCE IT PASSES WHATEVER INTEFERNCE CAUSED THE LOSS OF GPS ONCE IT RE AQUIRES GPS WHEREVER YOUR CURRENT POSITION OF YOUR DRONE IS WILL BE YOUR NEW HOME POINT. YOUR DRONE WILL RETURN TO THAT HOME POINT NOT YOUR FIRST HOME POINT.
2018-6-24
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

Did you use the S1 or was your AC bellow your start position? I did ´nt got this issue yet . How many satellites were locked from your Phantom at that time?
2018-6-24
Use props
Reuben Burciaga
New

i took off a 8 story parking structure i was flying at 334 feet i had 8 satellites with good reception.ive done this exct flight path before with no issues .
2018-6-24
Use props
Reuben Burciaga
New

Peterx Posted at 2018-6-24 08:35
Did you use the S1 or was your AC bellow your start position? I did ´nt got this issue yet . How many satellites were locked from your Phantom at that time?

i took off a 8 story parking structure i was flying at 334 feet i had 8 satellites with good reception.ive done this exct flight path before with no issues . I use rth alot I usually fly my drone out really far to capture nice shots always confident it returns to me and always does except I was caught off guard by the new home position not realizing my drone was landing almost a mile away caused me too loose drone, my error but if I only new drone did this reset of home point I would have been ready for it so I figured best to tell others so it don't happen to you.i thought once home point is set its set well its NOT .
2018-6-24
Use props
WD9EON
lvl.4
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

Reuben Burciaga Posted at 2018-6-24 09:08
i took off a 8 story parking structure i was flying at 334 feet i had 8 satellites with good reception.ive done this exct flight path before with no issues . I use rth alot I usually fly my drone out really far to capture nice shots always confident it returns to me and always does except I was caught off guard by the new home position not realizing my drone was landing almost a mile away caused me too loose drone, my error but if I only new drone did this reset of home point I would have been ready for it so I figured best to tell others so it don't happen to you.i thought once home point is set its set well its NOT .

What version software and firmware?
2018-6-24
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

Reuben Burciaga Posted at 2018-6-24 09:01
i took off a 8 story parking structure i was flying at 334 feet i had 8 satellites with good reception.ive done this exct flight path before with no issues .

Besides that homepoint issue you are describing and I don't know about it:
You don't wanna take off from parking structures = reinforced concrete.
This is why you had that issue. You may have taken off their before and been lucky.
But in general it's something that should be avoided.

8 satellites are not good coverage btw. Minimum is 7 I think for the drone to fly in P-GPS.
You are better off with way more.
2018-6-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Calm down and listen to advice from people that know.
To change home point, you have to either power down the Phantom and power it up again or reset the homepoint yourself.
The glitch you are claiming does not exist.

1.  Your Phantom does not forget its homepoint just because a compass error causes to to go to atti mode.
2.  NEVER launch from a steel or reinforced concrete surface because there's a good chance you will cause compass/yaw errors that could lead to crashing or losing the drone.

If you look into the recorded flight data from your incident, you will see the recorded home point stays in memory even though the Phantom is in atti mode.

To check your flight data, go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
2018-6-24
Use props
stuka75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

And try the last recorded location or the "new" home point . You may find your drone.
2018-6-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Reuben, generally, the Home point will not update automatically if the motors don't restart.
Could you upload the flight records of the issue you referred? We'd like to check the exact status.
2018-6-30
Use props
RADROCKET
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1110827 ft
United States

WD9EON Posted at 2018-6-24 13:18
What version software and firmware?

I remember people having home point jump issues with Go version 3.1.1. or 3.1.2.
So it's not out of the question.
2018-7-3
Use props
fans5fc2f1ce
lvl.2
Flight distance : 228776 ft

update!!!!!! after reviewing the log files, i believe it was the metal structures that caused it to loose gps ,lots of compass and yaw errors and only in my panic did i not gain control of drone as it drifted away and more than likely crashed is what i had thought lost line of sight !! well it wasnt...i got email from faa saying my drone drifted 4 miles onto the airport runway and landed not only was the faa involved so was the secret service who happen to be at airport preparing for trumps arrival at airport..long story short i got a cool video and story out of it....im lucky to have gotten my drone back in 1 piece....if you wanna see video its on empyreandronefilms on instagram. thanks for your guys input
2018-8-22
Use props
rubyduby
lvl.2

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k4cxz0cnjvgi8qr/2018-06-22_5-01-36_Standard.csv?dl=0
2018-8-29
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1159409 ft

fans5fc2f1ce Posted at 2018-8-22 14:30
update!!!!!! after reviewing the log files, i believe it was the metal structures that caused it to loose gps ,lots of compass and yaw errors and only in my panic did i not gain control of drone as it drifted away and more than likely crashed is what i had thought lost line of sight !! well it wasnt...i got email from faa saying my drone drifted 4 miles onto the airport runway and landed not only was the faa involved so was the secret service who happen to be at airport preparing for trumps arrival at airport..long story short i got a cool video and story out of it....im lucky to have gotten my drone back in 1 piece....if you wanna see video its on empyreandronefilms on instagram. thanks for your guys input

I would love to see the footage of said flight . Where could I view it ?
2018-8-29
Use props
rubyduby
lvl.2
United States

Empyreandronefilms on instagram
2018-8-31
Use props
NM_Quad
lvl.4
United States

rubyduby Posted at 2018-8-31 06:03
Empyreandronefilms on instagram

Wow.  That's quite a story.  Drone found by the FAA and the Secret Service to boot.  Do believe that's a first on this forum!!!  Glad it all worked out.
2018-8-31
Use props
rubyduby
lvl.2

yeah me too just glad no one was hurt . did you get a chance to see video?
2018-9-1
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

This is being discussed on PP

For those who don't know, McCarran is a busy Class B International Airport serving Las Vegas.  The FAA fined the OP $20,000.

2019-11-23
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4655896 ft
United States

Wow! Extremely lucky pilot as that Class B airspace is one busy place !  Could have been a lot worse so lucked out there, but that fine is..... OUCH !
2019-11-23
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Archangel3356 Posted at 11-23 06:51
Wow! Extremely lucky pilot as that Class B airspace is one busy place !  Could have been a lot worse so lucked out there, but that fine is..... OUCH !

https://dronedj.com/2019/11/22/d ... -airport-las-vegas/

No Comment...
2019-11-23
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4655896 ft
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 11-23 08:09
https://dronedj.com/2019/11/22/drone-pilot-fined-20000-mccarran-airport-las-vegas/

No Comment...

All I can say is, I absolutely agree with you. Lot of bad bad decisions made that day. That’ll get people’s attention I hope.
2019-11-23
Use props
Sick Dawg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 451119 ft
United States

lmao
that's what flying illegally will get you.
dumbf...
2019-11-29
Use props
djiuser_BAVblIh1atNL
New

Germany

I found a problem!I don't know why but the video it is saving on my phone and not on the SD card how can i chang it or what might be the problem ?
2019-12-29
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Be sure you are using a good SD card and that it is formatted.  I like the Sandisk Extreme Pro.  Good luck
2019-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules