Travel Insurance (California residents)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Frams
New

I'm travelling overseas with my drone in a couple of weeks and would like to bring my Phantom 4. I was planning to bring it as a carryon in my Incase Drone pro backpack, but as the backpack dimensions are very close to what I'm allowed to bring on the plane, I am now considering checking it in. While I'm planning to lock my suitcase and do everything I can to make sure it's safe, I would feel much more at peace if I could insure my drone.

I've heard that Statefarm offers drone insurance that covers theft in every state except california, does anyone in California know about an travel insurance company that will cover drone theft? (more than the regular $500 deductible)
2018-6-24
Use props
TheLazyC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1357356 ft
  • >>>
United States

What about travel insurance for personal property? Buy it form the airport or travel agency.
2018-6-24
Use props
Frams
New

TheLazyC Posted at 2018-6-24 09:13
What about travel insurance for personal property? Buy it form the airport or travel agency.

From what I've found so far, it seems like they only cover up to $500 for electronics
2018-6-24
Use props
Tearuup
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123763 ft
United States

If you put a lock on it be sure it is a TSA lock or they will cut the lock off if they inspect it.
2018-6-25
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

You might not even need one. Are you purchasing the ticket/booking the trip via credit card payment?
Most credit cards have some kind of insurance package coming with it. Even ones that are not GOLD, PLATINUM or whatever.
See link below.

Don't forget to take out all batteries and take them as carry-on! That's mandatory.

https://creditcardgenius.ca/blog/credit-card-insurance/
2018-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules