iPad Mini 2 - Still viable option?
12175 43 2018-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mavic2zoom-ch
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5547667 ft
United Kingdom

To echo the above I use an iPad Mini 2 with my Mavic 2 Zoom with no issues.

It's all I use the iPad for, on the latest iOS and I don't cache video locally (it's a 16GB model). I see no performance or other issues - but if I were buying today I'd probably spend the extra to get something that would work longer. At some point the Mini 2 really will be too old to keep up.
2018-12-17
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1168140 ft
  • >>>
United States

In my case it was with a Phantom 4 initially.  I now use the mini 4 with the MA and a CS with the P4.
2018-12-17
Use props
gyrex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7454275 ft
  • >>>
Vanuatu

I use the iPad mini 2 on my Mavic air and P4P and it works OK. Occasionally I get CPU overloaded errors but nothing too serious. Honestly, if I were getting a new tablet now, I'd be looking at the iPad 2018, I don't know how much more juice I can squeeze out of the mini 2.
2018-12-17
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

gyrex Posted at 12-17 18:24
I use the iPad mini 2 on my Mavic air and P4P and it works OK. Occasionally I get CPU overloaded errors but nothing too serious. Honestly, if I were getting a new tablet now, I'd be looking at the iPad 2018, I don't know how much more juice I can squeeze out of the mini 2.

problem with 2018 model is it has air gap in the display and front glass, similar to the Mini 2 and 3..which reduces outdoor usability by 50% since half the light (relatively) gets trapped bouncing around between the LCD and the front glass.  realistically if you want a larger iPad, get a iPad air 2 or newer Air model, Pro or Mini 4... as these have laminated displays and no LCD and front glass air gap for light to bounce around.
2018-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules