Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Drone simulator for DJI Mavic Air
2424 8 2018-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
timdelma
lvl.2
Belgium

Hello,

Does anyone know there is drone simulator software on the market where I can connect my Mavic Air controller in order to practice drone flying?
2018-6-24
Use props
wobbles
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>

great question , hope there is ..for the winter mpnths ..lol
2018-6-24
Use props
Malakai_UK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Use the one built into the app
2018-6-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Thank for inquiring. I recommend for you use the flight simulator that is found on the DJI Go 4 application.
2018-6-24
Use props
djiuser_a0HtQXyXvsFa
lvl.1
United States

Hi, go to DJI.com and look for Flight Simulator. Right now, it's only available on Windows 10. There is a basic one that comes with the DJI Assistant software too.
2018-12-5
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

There are two ways for practicing your flying skills,
1. In the simulator in the DJI go app
2. The flight simulator program that’s available for pc.

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-6
Use props
dragos_yks
lvl.1
United States

I knew about the app sim but not the windows 10 sim.  Looks pretty good in the video and you can use your own controller. Will have to check it out.

Hope my computer will handle it.
2019-1-4
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1762336 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good luck with that!

I thought it was pretty well hidden on the DJI website even when doing a search which for me was only the first hurdle.

You have to download the installer first which installs hundreds of files and then presents a pretty screen which at first glance doesn't allow you to do anything!

Logging into my account was nigh on impossible for me as it uses Recaptcha to verify (I hate that with a passion even when it is big enough to read) but the text is so small I have to use a magnifying glass to even stand a chance of seeing it!

There is a blue download button in the bottom left hand of the screen that says Install. You have to select this to download an additional 2GB+ worth of program files/data.

The problem for me was it defaults to D:\DFS where D is my limited capacity recovery drive so before the download can finish it throws an error! It was only at some point shortly afterwards I was prompted that my Recovery Partition was full(!)and I figured out what was happening.

I had to resort to my magnifying glass to even notice the default download drive/folder which is the tiniest blue text you ever did see!

Once I changed the default directory on my C: drive where I have 1TB free it downloaded as expected but why DJI set the default to my recovery partition and do no error checking to see if the available space will accommodate the 2GB+ download I have no idea.

So thinking I was now on the home straight I ran the simulator.

Lovely animated splash screen with a choice of actions on the bottom left but no mouse pointer with which to select anything!

Trying in vain to use the cursor keys, tab key etc. failed miserably in my futile attempt to select anything. No way to quit the app and even Alt-Tab wouldn't work to allow me to go back to the desktop. Aarrrgghhh!

Using Ctrl-Alt-Del to bring up Task Manager was the only way out on my computer which is a new fully loaded HP Spectre X360 15" running Windows 10 Professional if that makes any difference?

I rebooted & tried many times with no success but then was able to hit return on the first option to enter the simulator. I managed to accept the simulator defaults by repeatedly using the return key to get to the flight screen.

Using my Smart Controller I managed to hurtle into buildings and crash many times before I gave up and uninstalled the damn program.

Strangely a friend of mine who is a long time DJI drone flyer asked me what I thought of the flight simulator and chuckled loudly when I told him it was next to useless and I had already deleted it. He said he had done the same a while ago but was wondering whether it had got any better.

I guess it hasn't...

Not worth the effort for me.

I wonder if I am the only one who suffers the same issues? Be interested to hear...

-=Glyn=-

2019-2-5
Use props
Liam28
lvl.1

Australia

Try asking a question on the manufacturer's website, in this case they will be able to more accurately recommend a program for your drone. Of course, if they can
2019-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules