Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Free Mode Issue
736 8 2018-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans49cfde12
lvl.2

I received an Osmo 2 for Father's Day and enjoying it thus far, I've been doing photography for a long time but new to the gimball and drone community. I seem to be having trouble with the "free mode", after pressing the mode button once, the Osmo 2 stays in 'follow mode". Has anyone else experienced this?
2018-6-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the trouble that it cause, may I know what phone are you using? Would it be possible if we can provide the firmware and app version? I would suggest uploading a short video of the issue so that we could check it for you. Thank you.
2018-6-24
Use props
"Dakedostorm"
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-6-24 16:14
Hi, sorry for the trouble that it cause, may I know what phone are you using? Would it be possible if we can provide the firmware and app version? I would suggest uploading a short video of the issue so that we could check it for you. Thank you.

Thanks for present and future assistance on this matter. Info as requested is:
Firmware: 2.2.0.30
App Version: 3.1.42
Phone: iPhone 8 Plus
I will attempt to load a video on tomorrow.
2018-7-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

"Dakedostorm" Posted at 2018-7-4 20:03
Thanks for present and future assistance on this matter. Info as requested is:
Firmware: 2.2.0.30
App Version: 3.1.42

Thank you for providing the information, we will wait for the video and you can use google drive or dropbox then provide the link here.
2018-7-5
Use props
"Dakedostorm"
lvl.2

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-5 08:09
Thank you for providing the information, we will wait for the video and you can use google drive or dropbox then provide the link here.

Hope this works, and hope it helps. Sorry for the poor quality and low sound. https://www.dropbox.com/s/erq58nvsb5d4p3m/MVI_0039.MP4?dl=0
2018-7-5
Use props
"Dakedostorm"
lvl.2

"Dakedostorm" Posted at 2018-7-5 14:22
Hope this works, and hope it helps. Sorry for the poor quality and low sound. https://www.dropbox.com/s/erq58nvsb5d4p3m/MVI_0039.MP4?dl=0

???????
2018-7-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the late response, I would like to clarify that we're trying to do a free mode and in this free mode the mobile phone will stay in it's current position regardless of the handle movements and as far as I can tell based on your video it seems like the Osmo mobile 2 is already in free mode and if you're trying to do a follow mode, kindly press the Power/Mode button again to return to follow mode so that the gimbal will react to the movement of your hand-held.
2018-7-15
Use props
"Dakedostorm"
lvl.2

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-15 11:26
Hi, sorry for the late response, I would like to clarify that we're trying to do a free mode and in this free mode the mobile phone will stay in it's current position regardless of the handle movements and as far as I can tell based on your video it seems like the Osmo mobile 2 is already in free mode and if you're trying to do a follow mode, kindly press the Power/Mode button again to return to follow mode so that the gimbal will react to the movement of your hand-held.

I have tried it both ways and it follows on each mode. And now the Osmo 2 is getting off axis in the middle of recording. I've balanced it several times and it has been calibrated. Any ideas?

What are the necessary steps to send this to have it assessed and repaired if needed?
2018-7-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

"Dakedostorm" Posted at 2018-7-15 14:31
I have tried it both ways and it follows on each mode. And now the Osmo 2 is getting off axis in the middle of recording. I've balanced it several times and it has been calibrated. Any ideas?

What are the necessary steps to send this to have it assessed and repaired if needed?

Hi, sorry for the late response, if you wish to send it into our repair facility you can contact our support to start a repair ticket. Kindly see the link below.

https://www.dji.com/support
2018-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules