Metal propeller base
511 9 2018-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jetmekanic
lvl.1
United States

I am considering upgrading the plastic base bracket with metal ones.   Has anyone done this and are metal brackets reliable ?
E06D7169-6CAB-4BF5-B1D8-8CD352DD9508.png
2018-6-24
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

I don't know if the metal ones are reliable, but I can vouch that the supplied plastic ones are.
2018-6-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

For something to be an upgrade, it would have to make a significant improvement.
No-one has ever had a complaint about the standard fittings.
How do the things you're looking at improve on that?
Does the weight difference affect anything?

2018-6-24
Use props
Hurley1718
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>

If you install those and have a prop mishap DJI will not warranty it. I can not see the benifit of swapping them out.
2018-6-24
Use props
Jetmekanic
lvl.1
United States

I wasconcerned the plastic ones could fail....and metal would be stronger.......but I’m hearing that the plastic ones have never failed and are sufficient.
Thanks to all the responses
2018-6-24
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would say that plastic on plastic would be more forgiving on wear and tear where as the metal ones would cause premature wear on the plastic props cause theres no give, for that reason i didnt  buy them myself when i 1st got my P4P  
2018-6-24
Use props
Jetmekanic
lvl.1
United States

Bashy Posted at 2018-6-24 19:12
I would say that plastic on plastic would be more forgiving on wear and tear where as the metal ones would cause premature wear on the plastic props cause theres no give, for that reason i didnt  buy them myself when i 1st got my P4P

Makes sense.....i’ll stick with plastic ones !
2018-6-24
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you are a little worried, just make a point of renewing the original ones on a yearly basis, they should last at least that long
2018-6-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I wouldn't bother - tampering will invalidate the warranty
2018-6-24
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 2018-6-24 19:22
If you are a little worried, just make a point of renewing the original ones on a yearly basis, they should last at least that long

The plastic ones will last a lot longer than that, unless the props collide with something very hard, like solid rock, and then they may save the motors from damage by taking the damage themselves.

If you ever shatter the props, or cause other serious damage then replace the plastic mounts with new plastic mounts, otherwise they may fail while in the air.  It is very unusual though.
2018-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules