2834 7 2014-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pbetancourt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2106670 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

Hi, I've been flying a phantom 1 with a zenmuse h3-2d. Now I bought an s900 + WKM + 900mhz data link + Lightbridge + Futaba 14g
I'm not sure how different is flying this bigger hexacopter from my phantom 1, still waiting for it.
I'll try to do a training as soon as possible, but in the meantime I'd like to know if there is a good online training course and a flight simulator that one can use and does really improve our skills?

Many thanks!

Pablo
2014-11-2
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Unfortunately the answer is no.  I would set up a fly the S900 with the WKM initially alone.  Once you are comfortable with that, the add the lightbridge.  Finally the 900mHz Data Link.  You are making a big step from a P1.  Take it slow.
2014-11-2
Use props
cyphersc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4374829 ft
  • >>>
United States

I wonder why you chose the WKM, when for a few extra dollars you could have the A2 flight controller.  The A2 is far superior to the WKM.

Anyway, the S900 is remarkably stable and reliable (much more so than the s800), and it's lots of fun to fly.

I would heed Tohoe_Ed's advice to take it slow.  Get comfortable with the craft before loading it up with the lightbridge and the data link. Waypoint navigation is really cool, but check out the boards and videos about autonomous flight.

Good luck with your new machine.  Fly safe!
2014-11-3
Use props
justin.rose
New

United States

Definitely start slow and start task loading after you feel more comfortable. Flying the S900 and S1000 is easier in my opinion due to the increased stability. It's also a lot more nerve wrecking due to the size and amount of money you have invested. Just start slow and gradually task load yourself.
2014-11-3
Use props
pbetancourt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2106670 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

Many thanks friends! I finally replaced the wkm for the A2 and i found an instructor on my city so I'll do it slowly and without taking unnecessary risks.
2014-12-5
Use props
dmvideostuff
lvl.2

New Zealand

When initially learning on the S900, by leaving the gimbal, camera and Lightbridge etc off until you're more confident, does the lack of weight make it less stable in flight?
2014-12-9
Use props
dmvideostuff
lvl.2

New Zealand

dmvideostuff@gm Posted at 2014-12-9 17:03
When initially learning on the S900, by leaving the gimbal, camera and Lightbridge etc off until you ...

Can someone experienced respond to this - it is important. Cheers.
2014-12-11
Use props
jdpitts
New

United Kingdom

dmvideostuff@gm Posted at 2014-12-11 17:18
Can someone experienced respond to this - it is important. Cheers.

yes it does make it more twitchy. I think they are better with weight on.
2015-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules