Pixelated display and delay
4337 30 2018-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IrvineCAPilot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27444 ft
United States

I'm reading that 1.04.0300 is possibly the source of these new problems:  display on Android is pixelated and there is along delay in receiving the video stream.
When trying to frame a video this long delay in seeing what your aiming for and the pixilation on the screen makes using the drone impossible.  Please fix.  Thanks.
2018-6-24
Use props
IrvineCAPilot
lvl.1
United States

Hum. After making this post, I swapped out my Nexus for a Samsung J7.  The Samsung does not pixelate nor have a video delay, while the Google Nexus does.  So..?
2018-6-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

IrvineCAPilot Posted at 2018-6-24 21:04
Hum. After making this post, I swapped out my Nexus for a Samsung J7.  The Samsung does not pixelate nor have a video delay, while the Google Nexus does.  So..?

Glad you sorted it
2018-6-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. May I know what specific Google Nexus do you have? Did you try to reinstall the app? How about resetting the camera settings?
2018-6-25
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

IrvineCAPilot Posted at 2018-6-24 21:04

On your Nexus 7 (2013) check and make sure developers option is enable. And on mine (now retired) it used to make a difference by checking that the USB protocol was set to MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) as it seemed to default to charge only in some cases.
2018-6-25
Use props
IrvineCAPilot
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-6-25 01:25
Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. May I know what specific Google Nexus do you have? Did you try to reinstall the app? How about resetting the camera settings?

Nexus 6.  It has been working great until a few weeks ago.
I did check the Developer USB mode and it's in MTP mode, as suggested in another response.
2018-6-25
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

IrvineCAPilot Posted at 2018-6-25 11:00
Nexus 6.  It has been working great until a few weeks ago.
I did check the Developer USB mode and it's in MTP mode, as suggested in another response.

You are not alone it is the latest DJI GO 4 update or even the last three that has gotten noticeably worse on Android devices.  Downgrade to 4.2.14 and that will fix your issue till they fix this.  https://apkpure.com/dji-go-4-for-drones-since-p4/dji.go.v4
2018-6-25
Use props
tux79
New
United States

Same here - I tried it on multiple Android devices - Pixel, Pixel 2, Nexus 6P, Nexus 10.  They all do the same.

DJI - what's the ETA for a fix/update?
2018-6-25
Use props
mickr1969
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Same issue here too..
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=153808

I tried an Iphone 5s which I got off my daughter, and that worked perfectly, but my Galaxy S5 == lag, pixelation, unusable
2018-6-25
Use props
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-25 11:11
You are not alone it is the latest DJI GO 4 update or even the last three that has gotten noticeably worse on Android devices.  Downgrade to 4.2.14 and that will fix your issue till they fix this.  https://apkpure.com/dji-go-4-for-drones-since-p4/dji.go.v4

I have a current DJI Suport case dealing with these errors (Massive Video pixellation, app/command lag with G04 (Android), Aircraft Disconnect issues).  Everything was -up-to-date with compatible phones used.
DJI Support today (and after about 6 months of attempting to escalate my case/issue) said "they have no software or app issues" related to these problem.

DJI: What is the truth- are the huge #'s of people experiencing these specific issues here in the forums all wrong?????   
2018-6-25
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i been getting it a few times on my iPhone X with my Mavic pro on latest firmware and app update (4.2.21).  however i chalked it up to possibly ios 12 beta dev 2 causing video delay/lag spikes..  its not huge delay when it hiccups, but it does scare me sometimes especially if im doing closer fly by of something, i dont wanna get caught up crashing into it or with it...

i know if you are farther away on edge of range, latency gets nearly intolerable for close shots and gets very fuzzy.
2018-6-25
Use props
IrvineCAPilot
lvl.1
United States

randy.sauder Posted at 2018-6-25 13:57
I have a current DJI Suport case dealing with these errors (Massive Video pixellation, app/command lag with G04 (Android), Aircraft Disconnect issues).  Everything was -up-to-date with compatible phones used.
DJI Support today (and after about 6 months of attempting to escalate my case/issue) said "they have no software or app issues" related to these problem.

Thanks for the heads up on expecting a fix.  Too many Android devices. Not enough time to fix.
I confirmed by doing a test flight:  Samsun S7 was flawless (e.g. no pixilation and no delay).  The Google Nexus 6, which was working flawless until a few weeks ago, is so pixelated and long delay that I had to visually spot the drone to bring it home. I could not tell where is was from the video.  I really don't want to use the Samsung as it's my primary mobile telephone and need to call and fly at the same time.  More $$$
2018-6-25
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

randy.sauder Posted at 2018-6-25 13:57

Interpretation - No Fix is forth coming in next Firmware release.  

Despite people having Piexlation problems with latest release of GO-4 and/or Fimrware running on Mavic Pro.

2018-6-25
Use props
mickr1969
lvl.2
United Kingdom

"they have no software or app issues"

They should have a look at this video clip from my Samsung S5 then...

Just after take off this is what happens. This clip was from when it was actually QUITE GOOD, its usually a LOT worse than this.

2018-6-25
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

mickr1969 Posted at 2018-6-25 15:01

oooooh damn!    looks like poor transcoding. something going wrong on either the drone side of things doing an applauding job at encoding or the app/phone is doing a terrible job at decoding..

2018-6-25
Use props
mickr1969
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Well its not the drone, or the receiver.
Tried exactly the same equipment except with an Iphone instead of my android device, and everything worked perfect.
I even tried different USB leads, and a few other android devices (Nexus 10 tablet, 5th and 7th Gen Fire tablets) all do the same picture break up (on android).

I used the Iphone I got today and had a 20 min flight with no issues at all. I definately think theres a problem with the android app.
2018-6-25
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

mickr1969 Posted at 2018-6-25 15:01

At least yours would go away after either moving gimbal / camera or several seconds.  On two occasions I had to fly mine back with 3/4 of screen pixelated.  Then power cycle everything.  That is until I figured out it was Firmware MPP.
2018-6-25
Use props
mickr1969
lvl.2
United Kingdom

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-25 15:41
At least yours would go away after either moving gimbal / camera or several seconds.  On two occasions I had to fly mine back with 3/4 of screen pixelated.  Then power cycle everything.  That is until I figured out it was Firmware MPP.

Yep totally agree. The video I posted was when it was not to bad. I hadn't actually recorded when the screen was totally blitzed and you couldn't see anything.
It's usually a LOT worse than in the video.

Also forgot to mention that in the video when I got to the bottom of the fielld, I actually wanted to turn round and come in a line straight back, but turn too far due to the LAG on the controller / video transmission, which was probably around a 1 second delay.

2018-6-26
Use props
djiuser_I1N6CK9QrV7g
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4517064 ft
Mexico

Got same problem with my Galaxy J5 with 7.1.1 Android. Fly with this phone with any problems until APP update. Tested on new, but cheap Huaway. No problems. Yesterday reached 2.5 km with no problems. My Samsung cant fly even 200 meters without lags.
2018-6-26
Use props
djiuser_I1N6CK9QrV7g
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4517064 ft
Latvia

Solved my problem with with poor image transmission. Just downgrade the G0 4 APP to version 4.2.16  My Samsung is flyable again, as it was before update.
2018-6-27
Use props
IrvineCAPilot
lvl.1

Update on Android Samsung J7:  After the latest firmware update now my Samsung J7 does the same thing, pixelated video, slow sending commands from phone to drone etc.  Not safe to fly with Samsung or Google Nexus 6.  DJI.  When you issue an update does it update both the Malvic and the controller?  It seems the problem is with the USB interface between phone and controller.  I hope you are able to fix this, as I now have THREE phones (just purchased another backup phone) that do not work with Malvic Pro/Go 4.  Not happy.  Until fixed, Malvic is on my DO NOT BUY recommendation.
2018-7-21
Use props
sawkadogg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46585 ft

Galaxy Note 4 here, also on the "approved" devices list. Have flown my Mavic many times last year. Earlier this year, get the bird out, update all firmware that was "needed," and proceeded to fly. Terrible image transmission using the EXACT same phone as last year. Uninstall/reinstall Go4 app, same issue. The pixelation is terrible. It defeats the purpose of spending over $1000 for a drone if you can't fly it. Now, it just sits in the case awaiting a solution. Can we get a fix to this, please, so I can fly my drone?!?
2018-7-21
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 158770 ft
United States

As others have said the problem is with the DJI Go4 app and you need to downgrade it .... but if you want  DJI to fix this problem I suggest posting an app review in the Google Play store to pressure them to get it fixed: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.go.v4
2018-7-21
Use props
IrvineCAPilot
lvl.1

Thanks for the above recommendations.
I'm trying to find where and how to 'downgrade' the APK.  Link above for apkpure has current version.
(P.S. I upgraded the Nexus 6 to 4.2.21 and did a test flight...almost got excited, but then the pixilation started back up about 60 seconds into flight. )
Next I'll try to downgrade DJI Go (or noGo) to a previous version once I figure out how.
2018-7-21
Use props
IrvineCAPilot
lvl.1
United States

And another Update:  I found 4.2.14 on https://www.apk4fun.com/link/271572/a/  
Installed on Nexus 6.  YES.  Some pixelation and will do more testing, but I can fly!!
2018-7-21
Use props
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

The issue is that the 4.2.20 and 4.2.21 demand a device with at least 4gb RAM, better 6gb. Its different for ios. So anyone having any issues, just downgrade to say 4.2.12 for example from apkmirror or apkpure.
Safe Flying;)
2018-7-21
Use props
alexmbraMav
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475220 ft
Portugal

mickr1969 Posted at 2018-6-25 13:48
Same issue here too..
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=153808

Iphone 5s has only 1 gb ram. So, how can the app work for you without a problem?

2018-7-21
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

alexmbraMav Posted at 2018-7-21 16:45
Iphone 5s has only 1 gb ram. So, how can the app work for you without a problem?

[view_image]

They are "optimizing" the app for iOS.  Android is getting trashed.  

Android issues here will not get fixed. All you can do really is revert. DJI seems to want most if not all users on iOS. Problem now, even the mini4's that are recommended are having video problems. lol. Not a fan of the mini4 either. Brightness and clarity when using this app sucks imo. My S3 (820) destroys it with that screen brightness and capability. S3 does not overheat as easily, and it works in cold temps. My mini4 did not, neither did a Pro we used. Nature of the devices. Pros and cons either way. CS is about the best for more serious users. Cost basically what a high end tablet would. Still for basic flying consumer hobby, it gets expensive now when you need $400-800 devices to use with a drone.

The app is too big. Once they add newer devices to the app as they did Spark and Air, then the app will crash even more devices. Then you have issues of coding errors that can get crossed. The GO4 app is in for a complete rebuild, or they need to break it up into consumer drones, and professional products. Not have them all under one App.

Note 4 is on the list of recommended devices. It does not work well. My Note 8 has 6G ram and seems to handle it. My mini4 is now getting these choppy cblocks and occasional zebra patterns in some of the image transmission. Many others reporting the same thing with the app even on iOS.
2018-7-21
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

miketmtpro Posted at 2018-7-21 20:34

Android issues here will not get fixed. All you can do really is revert. DJI seems to want most if not all users on iOS. Problem now, even the mini4's that are recommended are having video problems. lol. Not a fan of the mini4 either. Brightness and clarity when using this app sucks imo. My S3 (820) destroys it with that screen brightness and capability. S3 does not overheat as easily, and it works in cold temps. My mini4 did not, neither did a Pro we used. Nature of the devices. Pros and cons either way. CS is about the best for more serious users. Cost basically what a high end tablet would. Still for basic flying consumer hobby, it gets expensive now when you need $400-800 devices to use with a drone.

If true, DJI is shooting itself in foot - being DJI's CrystalSky runs Android OS.

Think what is really going on is iOS is more memory efficient.  Apple keeps tight rein on what Apps can and can not do, along with which Apps are blessed.  Resulting in less bloatware.  Helping Apple in this is fact Apple controls hardware.  Apple isn't having to code iOS to run on various manufacture's verions of different Smartdevices.

Theorizing - Apple's App developer platform / language allows Apple to setup sharing of library routine calls that App programers may use.  Instead of 5 Apps all having their own copy of a library call, all 5 Apps share a single copy of library call.

Perhaps an Apple iOS App developer could chime in?

2018-7-21
Use props
Global Villager
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-6-25 01:25

@DJI Wanda
How do I reset camera settings on a Nexus 6P?
2018-8-3
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Global Villager Posted at 2018-8-3 05:01
@DJI Wanda
How do I reset camera settings on a Nexus 6P?

Hello there. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Just go to the camera view > camera settings > reset camera settings.

2018-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules