Left rear motor has vertical play.
539 9 2018-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KLR
lvl.1
South Africa

Just got my Mavic Air a few days ago. I noticed the left rear motor has vertical movement and the blade spins much easier than others if moved with finger. Is this something to be worried about? It flies well and there are no unusual sounds. Im concerned it might be an issue with bearings.

2018-6-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Thank you for raising this concern. Please try to check the left rear motor of your DJI Mavic Air regularly and every before each flight. If the vertical movement becomes worst. Please contact DJI support and send the Drone in for repair at https://repair.dji.com/repair/index. Have a safe flight.
2018-6-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Do you get any motor errors in flight?
2018-6-25
Use props
KLR
lvl.1
South Africa

A CW Posted at 2018-6-25 06:35
Do you get any motor errors in flight?

No not as yet. I've only flown it about 8 times and had no warnings. Should I assume that if a warning doesn't come up all is good?
2018-6-25
Use props
KLR
lvl.1
South Africa

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-6-25 06:15
Hi. Thank you for raising this concern. Please try to check the left rear motor of your DJI Mavic Air regularly and every before each flight. If the vertical movement becomes worst. Please contact DJI support and send the Drone in for repair at https://repair.dji.com/repair/index. Have a safe flight.

Ok thank you I will do so.
2018-6-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KLR Posted at 2018-6-25 06:48
No not as yet. I've only flown it about 8 times and had no warnings. Should I assume that if a warning doesn't come up all is good?

Hard to say without seeing it in person but generally a warning would pop up if there is an error in the ESC's or the actual motor. Best to fly it close until you know for sure that there is no real problem.
2018-6-25
Use props
KLR
lvl.1
South Africa

A CW Posted at 2018-6-25 06:52
Hard to say without seeing it in person but generally a warning would pop up if there is an error in the ESC's or the actual motor. Best to fly it close until you know for sure that there is no real problem.

Ok so confirm if the motor gets hot or something isn't right a warning will pop up advising there is a problem?
2018-6-25
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Did you maybe have a crash with it before? In any case I would not wait until things get worse and send it in for repair right away. And if it is not the result of a crash, it will fall under warranty.
2018-6-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KLR Posted at 2018-6-25 07:06
Ok so confirm if the motor gets hot or something isn't right a warning will pop up advising there is a problem?

Motors will get hot but not too hot to touch.
2018-6-25
Use props
KLR
lvl.1
South Africa

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-25 07:58
Did you maybe have a crash with it before? In any case I would not wait until things get worse and send it in for repair right away. And if it is not the result of a crash, it will fall under warranty.

No I have not crashed it. Yes I think that is the best option.
2018-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules