959 10 2018-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FunkyFish81
lvl.1
Flight distance : 101247 ft
Israel

So dissapointing.
For the record, im a HUGE fan of DJI products.
Got my OM2 couple of days ago...
I was so stoked when I've purchased the OM2, and was looking to get more proffesional vidoes out of my Galaxy S8 - That whats the OM2 for, isnt it?
Well guess what, using the DJI GO application (which by DJI's best practice - you should use) you cant capture videos using 'Pro' mode features of the phone's camera - It's simply not there, you only get to utilize the 'Auto' mode - which sucks. The reason I got the OM2 is to get more proffesional shots, and im surely aint going to get those by using 'Auto'
The application is missing alot of Make-or-Break features if you want to get more proffesional shots:
1. No 'Pro' Mode
2. Cant set to all built-in camera's video frame sizes and rates (No 1080p@60fps for example)

The 'Pro' mode issue is surly a deal breaker for me, as im looking to get nice cinematic videos, without WB and exposures changing all the time while recording.

I wish DJI would have fully disclosed the lack of basic intermidiate functions - i would have known not to buy it!

So dissapointing.
2018-6-25
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

I understand your frustration.  They definately do not have all the functions for Android users which sucks.  I did research on it prior to getting the OM2 and was OK with the limitations.  I guess the old adage applies: Caveat Emptor = Buyer beware
2018-6-25
Use props
kbm79
lvl.3
France

I agree that its annoying that not all functions work, particulary for Android, but i would say that is more to do with the Android OS. Being a long term Android user, you get used to finding a work around. The OM2 is no different. Like Stride8 says -its all about research. The alternative to the OM2 is the Zhiyun Smooth 4. No thanks! Based on reviews, they are even worse the DJI!

I see it a different way - i can choose to use a number of different apps to get the results i want, giving me more flexibility. For example, If (and when) dij update thier app to allow slow motion on Android - i doubt it wont be able to compete with Samsung's slow motion function.

What the Osmo Mobile 2 CAN do, even with the android 'niggles', AND at the current price, is actually excellent.
2018-6-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14177772 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good to know - thanks for sharing your experience with that set up.
2018-6-26
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

I started off with the LG v30 with my OM2 and after finding out that not all video settings were available I switched over to the iPhone 8+. It is a bummer that not all the features work across both OS's. Hopefully DJI can get it working properly on Android.
2018-6-26
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Hurley1718 Posted at 2018-6-26 15:20
I started off with the LG v30 with my OM2 and after finding out that not all video settings were available I switched over to the iPhone 8+. It is a bummer that not all the features work across both OS's. Hopefully DJI can get it working properly on Android.

How would you rate the iPhone 8 with OM2. I know the current iPhones have problems due to IBIS, but otherwise what are your experiences. Thanks
2018-6-27
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

forbsie Posted at 2018-6-27 19:22
How would you rate the iPhone 8 with OM2. I know the current iPhones have problems due to IBIS, but otherwise what are your experiences. Thanks

Love it. I'm not having any issues with it. I'm getting ready to edit a video a shot last week with it and I'm taking with me on a short family vacation next week.
2018-6-27
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Hurley1718 Posted at 2018-6-27 19:46
Love it. I'm not having any issues with it. I'm getting ready to edit a video a shot last week with it and I'm taking with me on a short family vacation next week.

Thanks for the reply. I will be updating my phone very soon, and the iPhone 8 is the front-runner. My old iPhone 6 gets about 10 minutes on the OM2 (running DJI Go for video) .. never seen the battery deplete so quickly! Good to know i8+ is working well for you.
2018-6-27
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

forbsie Posted at 2018-6-27 20:18
Thanks for the reply. I will be updating my phone very soon, and the iPhone 8 is the front-runner. My old iPhone 6 gets about 10 minutes on the OM2 (running DJI Go for video) .. never seen the battery deplete so quickly! Good to know i8+ is working well for you.

Yikes!

When I was filming this past week with my 8+ I shot 5 minutes of continuous footage and my battery dropped about 3-4 percent.
2018-6-28
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Hurley1718 Posted at 2018-6-28 19:36
Yikes!

When I was filming this past week with my 8+ I shot 5 minutes of continuous footage and my battery dropped about 3-4 percent.

Well I ordered my new phone (i8) today and am sure anything will be an improvement over the i6. I had the battery replaced about 9 months ago, but something is definitely not right the rate it loses charge. Cheers mate
2018-6-29
Use props
tomkrist
lvl.3
Flight distance : 276473 ft
Norway

You should buy filmic pro. It supports ozmo 2 and let you controll your camera on
any mobile all manual. You can do more in filmic than the original Samsung s8 camera
program.

After filmic pro, i dont use anything else. Its just the best camera program out there and
is worth every single penny you use on it and you wont regret it.
2018-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules