Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-27 10:30
Please post evidence from DJI that shows VPS for Mavic Pro is overall different from Mavic Air, Phantom 4 Pro, Inspire, etc.  

I don't mean difference's between circuit board or chips set.  I am talking about VPS as DJI uses term to refer to it's Visual Positioning System.

You can check it out for your self, P4Pro uses 3D vision system, even if forward sensors and downward sensors are not working rear sensors can still hold aircraft in hover mode, And much more than Mavic Pro vision sensors

But this is about drifting while flying and vision sensors won’t correct your aircraft when it has drifted to left or right, and as I said earlier in good conditions for vision sensors the help with hover and lock so long as your flying with their range, the Mavic has a different range for downward sensors than P4Pro , and forward sensors on Mavic Pro will not help keep fixed position if downward sensors are not working.
With P4 Pro if it sees obstacles it can stop climb above obstacles and around obstacles, Mavic Pro cannot do this because it doesn’t use 3D vision sensors.

Again you spend your time trying your best to interfere with almost everyone here, you continually jump in without checking, nobody can tell you anything, you insist on arguing, twisting to try get your own way.

Fact is vision sensors and system are much different on the P4Pro than they are on the Mavic Pro. And what you should have posted was vision system for Mavic Pro, not P4Pro.
2018-6-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-27 10:30
Please post evidence from DJI that shows VPS for Mavic Pro is overall different from Mavic Air, Phantom 4 Pro, Inspire, etc.  

I don't mean difference's between circuit board or chips set.  I am talking about VPS as DJI uses term to refer to it's Visual Positioning System.

You can check it out for your self, P4Pro uses 3D vision system, even if forward sensors and downward sensors are not working rear sensors can still hold aircraft in hover mode, And much more than Mavic Pro vision sensors

But this is about drifting while flying and vision sensors won’t correct your aircraft when it has drifted to left or right, and as I said earlier in good conditions for vision sensors the help with hover and lock so long as your flying with their range, the Mavic has a different range for downward sensors than P4Pro , and forward sensors on Mavic Pro will not help keep fixed position if downward sensors are not working.
With P4 Pro if it sees obstacles it can stop climb above obstacles and around obstacles, Mavic Pro cannot do this because it doesn’t use 3D vision sensors.

Again you spend your time trying your best to interfere with almost everyone here, you continually jump in without checking, nobody can tell you anything, you insist on arguing, twisting to try get your own way.

Fact is vision sensors and system are much different on the P4Pro than they are on the Mavic Pro. And what you should have posted was vision system for Mavic Pro, not P4Pro.
2018-6-27
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-27 11:22

You got it backwards.
It is not up to me to go find non-existent stuff to support your claims.
It is up to you to provide evidence to support your claims.

2018-6-27
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

But this is about drifting while flying and vision sensors won’t correct your aircraft when it has drifted to left or right, and as I said earlier in good conditions for vision sensors the help with hover and lock so long as your flying with their range, the Mavic has a different range for downward sensors than P4Pro , and forward sensors on Mavic Pro will not help keep fixed position if downward sensors are not working.

Wrong, he comes in with facts, cross-referenced to the manuals from DJI itself, and all you do is troll the threads and hijack it with your pointless, childish, incessant bickering, unable to let it go even if your life depended on it.

Whilst some of the advice you give is OK, even when you're proven wrong, you continue to spew garbage out, and detract from the OP's thread.
2018-6-27
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Fact is vision sensors and system are much different on the P4Pro than they are on the Mavic Pro.

Back up your claim with evidence from DJI.  Anything else is pure conjecture on your part to in a vain attempt to Save Face.
2018-6-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-27 11:41
You got it backwards.
It is not up to me to go find non-existent stuff to support your claims.
It is up to you to provide evidence to support your claims.

You can see here, although P4Pro 2  P4Pro has exactly the same vision system and is nothing like Mavic Pro .
Here’s the spec for vision system.

2018-6-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-27 11:41
Wrong, he comes in with facts, cross-referenced to the manuals from DJI itself, and all you do is troll the threads and hijack it with your pointless, childish, incessant bickering, unable to let it go even if your life depended on it.

Whilst some of the advice you give is OK, even when you're proven wrong, you continue to spew garbage out, and detract from the OP's thread.

I will leave you the same, it wasn’t me who brought thread astray, in fact if you read my discussion was with HFTB, And info I gave him was correct and still is.

I will also leave you a copy of vision system for P4Pro , you will clearly see it has a much more sophisticated system than Mavic Pro.

2018-6-27
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Not much different, mainly more cameras.  With rear downward face cameras being backups for front downward facing cameras.  Summary - VPS with backup cams vs. VPS without.

Now where VPS info by DJU for Mavic Air, Phantom 4 Pro, Inspire info?
Where is clear evidence from DJI that Mavic Pro VPS system is different from those as you have stated.

2018-6-27
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-27 12:00
I will leave you the same, it wasn’t me who brought thread astray, in fact if you read my discussion was with HFTB, And info I gave him was correct and still is.

I will also leave you a copy of vision system for P4Pro , you will clearly see it has a much more sophisticated system than Mavic Pro.

OMG, so your rebuttal is to use MARKETING MATERIAL from the DJI store site to backup your claims, instead of the factual data from the product manuals???

And you expect anyone to take you seriously??

Just stop...
2018-6-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-27 12:12
Not much different, mainly more cameras.  With rear downward face cameras being backups for front downward facing cameras.  Summary - VPS with backup cams vs. VPS without.

That system is exactly same as P4Pro, and you own a Mavic Pro , so if you can’t see the difference, I won’t be wasting any more time with you, I have proven you wrong get over it and move on.
2018-6-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-27 12:16
OMG, so your rebuttal is to use MARKETING MATERIAL from the DJI store site to backup your claims, instead of the factual data from the product manuals???

While most owners of their aircraft will know how vision systems work as they should it shouldn’t need any proving, the simple fact is P4Pro uses 3D vision system and Mavic Pro doesn’t, they are totally different , as you said your friend always shows proof but we haven’t seen any here. The simple fact almos since he arrived on this forum , he has been trolling me, last week he trolled almost every thread I put up in videos an photos, with ridiculous stuff, not one response he got was in his favour and all other responses were to tell him how ridiculous he was, he may be able to bend your ear, but most aren’t fooled by him. So you asked for manual proof which I find strange because all manuals are available to everyone who owns a drone and are very easy to check.

2018-6-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-27 12:16

You will see the clear difference with the Mavic Pro vision system.

2018-6-27
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-27 12:59

[view_image]

first of all, manuals are subject to change without notice, says it in the manual, so dji can update the way systems work and improve upon things.  most companies says subject to change without notice for this reason.

secondly, have you ever put tape over VPS cameras (without disabling VPS in the menus) to test out how it recovers on IMU alone if u drag it around by its leg while its hovering?   i have.. without the cameras being able to see and track,  its fairly poor and lazy attempt at relocating itself back to original location.. remove the tape over the VPS and its far more accurate and determined.   
it will fight you end to end with the cameras able to see, and moment you let it go it is very determiend to relocate itself back where you had it.   where as the IMU alone,  it varies it when it thinks its settling..and usually pretty inaccurate specially if you stop and start..

same thing if you point a strong fan at it or do this in the wind.. IMUs may not pick up on all the small slow drifting, vs camera will instantly and fight to put it back even if you knock it about while its fighting..

even if you leave 1 single camera availble to view the ground, it fully recovers itself and can even maintain itself..  

turning off the VPS could sorta of reproduce similar or same effect, however i wanted to remove possibilities that the drone maybe sneaking a quick snapshot

2018-6-27
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-27 12:58
While most owners of their aircraft will know how vision systems work as they should it shouldn’t need any proving, the simple fact is P4Pro uses 3D vision system and Mavic Pro doesn’t, they are totally different , as you said your friend always shows proof but we haven’t seen any here. The simple fact almos since he arrived on this forum , he has been trolling me, last week he trolled almost every thread I put up in videos an photos, with ridiculous stuff, not one response he got was in his favour and all other responses were to tell him how ridiculous he was, he may be able to bend your ear, but most aren’t fooled by him. So you asked for manual proof which I find strange because all manuals are available to everyone who owns a drone and are very easy to check.

[view_image]

hallmark007 - While most owners of their aircraft will know how vision systems work as  they should it shouldn’t need any proving, the simple fact is P4Pro  uses 3D vision system and Mavic Pro doesn’t, they are totally different ,

Completely, utterly, totally different.......  that DJI uses video of a Phamtom to show how to do VPS calibration for Mavic Pro - I just got my Mavic Pro drone back from DJI.

DJI Thor - if the drone drifts at low altitude, like DroneFlying mentioned, please fly in a place with light and flat ground.  Besides, you can also do a Vision Positioning Calibration via DJI Assistant 2 on the computer.  Here's the tutorial for your reference:

2018-6-27
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-27 12:59

[view_image]

hallmark007 - You should read what the poster wrote, VPS cannot correct drifting,

DJI Thor - if the drone drifts at low altitude, like DroneFlying mentioned, please fly in a place with light and flat ground.  Besides, you can also do a Vision Positioning Calibration via DJI Assistant 2 on the computer.  Here's the tutorial for your reference:

What part of DJI drone's system do you think is providing data for making those precision landings when Returning to Home?   

Let me help you out.  It is not the GPS, being GPS satellite system is at best accurate to 0.715 meter radius, 95% of time.  

Throw in accuracy of GPS receivers and you get - ''Some devices/locations reliably (95% of the time or better) can get 3 meter accuracy.''

2018-6-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I think anyone who flys these drones can easily work out that P4Pro has a much different VPs system than Mavic Pro , so this subject is ended , my apologies to the OP as you can read above I’ve proven my point .
2018-6-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-6-27 18:45
first of all, manuals are subject to change without notice, says it in the manual, so dji can update the way systems work and improve upon things.  most companies says subject to change without notice for this reason.

secondly, have you ever put tape over VPS cameras (without disabling VPS in the menus) to test out how it recovers on IMU alone if u drag it around by its leg while its hovering?   i have.. without the cameras being able to see and track,  its fairly poor and lazy attempt at relocating itself back to original location.. remove the tape over the VPS and its far more accurate and determined.   

I will try to explain.

First page is from up to date manual, VPs has not changed in Mavic Pro .

VPS at low altitude is what gives you lock from ground up to aircraft and gps from receiver to the sky, that’s it’s most common use.
If your aircraft veers 2ft to the left while flying neither VPS IMU or GPS can move it back two feet to the right , that’s just impossible , only controller can do this.

IMU is what gives your aircraft the correct attitude, so if it’s listing to the right then left front and rear motors will be directed by IMU to work harder to correct aircrafts attitude, if this is happening to aircraft then it’s most likely you need a IMU calibration. VPs cannot correct this.

I’m not to sure why you would put tape across VPS as it would cause great instability, VPS would detect tape and assume it was on the ground, we have seen many sad endings to phantoms because of gimbal guards being put on bottom of legs and VPs gets confused tries to land because it thinks it’s reached the ground, so anything blocking VPS is not good for aircraft, if you don’t need them turn them off.

On plain untextured surfaces , badly lit surfaces etc VPS will also get confused and may cause erratic behavior, and sometimes you will see when flying low over grass aircraft may veer off line same with water, same with bottom OA if flying low sometimes you will see your aircraft jump as it perceives there may be obstacles.

What you are talking about by pulling the leg of the aircraft, is simply IMU trying to correct the attitude of the aircraft and gps trying to correct its position.

Both gps and VPS will always try to hold aircrafts position, with phantom Pro there is a different system, so if your bottom sensors and or front sensors are not working then rear sensors will try to hold craft in position, Mavic Pro works on the same system as P4 , so does not have this system in place.

If as you say wind is trying to move aircraft then both IMU and vision sensors in the Mavic Pro will try to hold aircrafts position and correct attitude, if aircraft moves two feet to the right it ain’t coming back unless controller issues command.

So with your aircraft veering to one side, I would calibrate IMU VPS and controller, to see if this cures it, it’s very easy to eliminate or include or exclude VPS by flying above its range and looking to see if aircraft is still veering, if not then VPS could be your problem, if it is then you could have IMU problem, you have mentioned here on several occasions you had hard landings these can cause problems with IMU and you should check it out.

2018-6-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-6-27 18:45

secondly, have you ever put tape over VPS cameras (without disabling VPS in the menus) to test out how it recovers on IMU alone if u drag it around by its leg while its hovering?   i have.. without the cameras being able to see and track,  its fairly poor and lazy attempt at relocating itself back to original location.. remove the tape over the VPS and its far more accurate and determined.   

This might give you a better understanding of IMU

IMU "Inertial measurement unit" .

As far as I see it, IMU calibration on a level surface updates a table of values the flight controller software uses as a reference for a level stationary hover. From there the craft responds predictably to flight commands.  It also likely measures any sensor noise and thermal drift so that these technical imperfections are accounted for when using IMU sensor data in flight. - this is likely why there must be no vibrations during the calibration process.

Bad IMU calibration could cause drift and attitude issues as the flight controller fights to hold the craft in what it thinks is the correct attitude as opposed to the correct physical attitude.

The IMU usually has 2 types of sensors – angle and acceleration and in turn 3 sensors of each type measuring in the X,Y and Z axis. These sensors can, through vibration, aging, impact etc, drift in their response over time and thus an IMU calibration will establish a new reference for the IMU’s level/stationary state that the flight controller can work with to restore stable flight.

Think of calibration as the bringing back into line the measured craft attitude with the true physical craft attitude.

As to how often an IMU calibration is needed, Refer to your manual ; certainly after any impact or if there are suspicions the craft can’t hover in a level attitude in a windless environment.

I
2018-6-28
Use props
TheCenda
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50463 ft
Czechia

j2thafree Posted at 2018-6-25 07:02
[view_image]

Looks like my Flight distance is WAY OFF too.

Bad GPS signal, GPS kicked in later, getting wrong input, thinking drone is drifting away and tried to stop it and crashed it.
Completely your fault.
When will people learn to think here?
2018-6-28
Use props
j2thafree
lvl.1

United States

TheCenda Posted at 2018-6-28 02:23
Bad GPS signal, GPS kicked in later, getting wrong input, thinking drone is drifting away and tried to stop it and crashed it.
Completely your fault.
When will people learn to think here?

Just looking to learn on here how I can be a better pilot. Lessons have been learned which is what I was looking for when i originally posted. My Mavic Air is on its way to DJI for repairs and I hope to hear from them soon.

Can you clarify "getting wrong input"?
2018-6-28
Use props
j2thafree
lvl.1

United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-6-25 18:19
i believe your theory is correct!  and it doesn't help that the app says to calibrate the compass....people will be like.. "oh... okay ill do it right here then"

I have to do a compass calibration before almost every take off with my Mavic Air.
2018-6-28
Use props
j2thafree
lvl.1

United States

Dorset_Horn Posted at 2018-6-27 08:32
It's not all bad news @j2thafree , you appear to be the holder of a Guinness World record! If my fingers and toes are correct your Mavic travelled over 34 million feet in 2 minutes which equates to over 250 times the speed of sound or Mach 252. Awesome.

Right?! I should get a medal or trophy for that at least.
2018-6-28
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

j2thafree Posted at 2018-6-28 04:51
I have to do a compass calibration before almost every take off with my Mavic Air.

I would take that as a strong indicator that your take off location is not suitable or you are carrying a device with you that is causing interference (e.g. Apple watch). Try in a wide, open area with no metal or other potential interference around. Do a proper calibration there first because if the previous one was done in a place with interference it might be a bad calibration.
2018-6-28
Use props
j2thafree
lvl.1

United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-28 05:19
I would take that as a strong indicator that your take off location is not suitable or you are carrying a device with you that is causing interference (e.g. Apple watch). Try in a wide, open area with no metal or other potential interference around. Do a proper calibration there first because if the previous one was done in a place with interference it might be a bad calibration.

Hmmm... This makes me wonder a bit. I've take my drone to many locations, including wide open fields, and had to calibrate every time prior to flight. I don't wear a smart watch either.
2018-6-28
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

j2thafree Posted at 2018-6-28 05:27
Hmmm... This makes me wonder a bit. I've take my drone to many locations, including wide open fields, and had to calibrate every time prior to flight. I don't wear a smart watch either.

Ok, since you are sending your MA for repair anyway (or have done so already) you should request them to check on this as well.
2018-6-28
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-25 08:57
Flaky MA behavior with .0400 FW is a known.
Whether it is culprit in this case is an unknown.

Aircraft suddenly moving in a horizontal direction on their own is absolutely a known issue.  I've seen it first hand.  You are correct, however that we don't know if it was the cause in this case.  But if I were a betting man......
2018-6-28
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had this problem a lot for a while as well.  
I was also told it was because of my smart watch/fit bit.
Here is what I did:  Keep in mind, I was also fighting the firmware update problems that I had started experiencing.

to resolve my firmware issues, i actually refreshed firmware on the aircraft as well as the controller.  multiple times.  I had finally gotten to a place where the aircraft was steady, but i still had to calibrate compass often.  So I took my computer out into the middle of my yard.  I left everything but the aircraft, controller, and batteries in the house.  (no watch, rings, fitbit, wallet, cellphone)

I then did an IMU callibration out there. (take something flat to put aircraft on)  Then i did manual compass calibration and controller stick calibration.

Once I completed that in an open area that there was no magnetic interference at all, I haven't had to calibrate nearly as often.    The previous times I had done IMU, I was in the kitchen, and there may be something affecting it in there.
2018-6-28
Use props
tvscreen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41430 ft
United States

Good luck, I am currently dealing with a Mavic issue with DJI about a partially similar problem - a lift off, malfunction and hard right steering into a crash that the Mavic did itself , the thread is here:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1419537

Best of luck in it all moving forward properly and hopefully everything will happen fairly for all involved parties.

Rob
2018-6-28
Use props
Dorset_Horn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 93379 ft
United Kingdom

j2thafree Posted at 2018-6-28 04:53
Right?! I should get a medal or trophy for that at least.

Agreed!      
2018-6-28
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Repeated compass calibration warnings / requests, may be due to issues with GO-4 App, and not Mavic Air .0400 FW.  Others have experienced what you describe, and that was before Mavic Air .0400 and Mavic Pro .0300 FW.  
In case of my Mavic Pro and repeated (multiple times in a flight day) compass calibration appeared to be tied to GO-4 running on IOS devices.  When I switched to CrystalSky, the repeated compass calibrations abruptly stopped.  CrystalSky runs a different version of GO-4 than iOS or Android SmartDevices run.
2018-6-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I would ignore above post , this was an issue with original MavAir, it has nothing to do with Mavic Pro as there is only one reported case since 2016 and you see it above.
So yes many having this problem request to calibrate before almost every flight. Dji has been made aware of this since the inception of Mavic Air, but we are still awaiting a fix since February. Mavic Pro Firmware update was March .
I use Crystalsky and have the same issue so it’s totally different than you are being led to believe, if this was a problem with Mavic Pro we would not only see one case.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 3778&fromuid=260008
2018-6-28
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
Japan

Sorry to hear about this. I hope you get it sorted out.
2018-6-28
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

j2thafree Posted at 2018-6-28 04:51

This is probably the main issue then.  You probably have a horrible compass zeroing from calibrating when you shouldn’t have.  

Example you calibrated because it told you to and you didn’t account for the interference may have been present during that zeroing.. causing it to panic and you zeroed it on that interference and this the compass is way offset now.

Some good safe calibration advisce for compass:

1. Shouldn’t need to calibrate it out of the box usually.  (In my experience)

2.  If says to calibrate it, relocate it try to isolate it from sources before attempting.

3.  Never attempt recalibration indoors.  electronic noise and wiring in your home can create slight magnetic field that can screw zeroing up.  Same appies to car parks, garages, etc etc..

4.  Test if it really needs calibration before listening to it, hover in place a few feet up, set drone on a wooden picknic table or find a field you know no chance pipes or wiring under ground and back off.  it may maybe freaking out cuz the compass bias is pegged out from localized interference.
2018-6-28
Use props
Christine Annette LaBeach
lvl.4
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-25 09:16
Well the big issue here is you took off without GPS lock(at least 8 sats or more) and no home point updated.  When in ATTI mode is much harder to control as it does not know it's position.

How do you set GPS lock?  I just got a Mavic Air but I haven't flown it outside yet.   
2018-7-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Christine Annette LaBeach Posted at 2018-7-1 11:17
How do you set GPS lock?  I just got a Mavic Air but I haven't flown it outside yet.

You cannot set gps lock, you should check two things, most important your gps graph should have 4/5 bars lit, to be safe for flying, it’s your best guide to having good gps, you can also check the number of satellites above this, make sure this is 11 or above.

It’s very unusual after take of to lose gps signals as you are most likely to be flying words them.
2018-7-1
Use props
j2thafree
lvl.1

United States

tvscreen Posted at 2018-6-28 08:09
Good luck, I am currently dealing with a Mavic issue with DJI about a partially similar problem - a lift off, malfunction and hard right steering into a crash that the Mavic did itself , the thread is here:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=153562&page=1#pid1419537

Any updates on your dealings with DJI? Mine actually went really smooth.
2018-7-3
Use props
TheCenda
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50463 ft
Czechia

j2thafree Posted at 2018-6-28 04:49
Just looking to learn on here how I can be a better pilot. Lessons have been learned which is what I was looking for when i originally posted. My Mavic Air is on its way to DJI for repairs and I hope to hear from them soon.

Can you clarify "getting wrong input"?

Wrong input as "you flew 1000 miles away now, return back as fast as you can" in the exact moment, your GPS fixes itself and gets very different position informations in short amount of time.
Something similiar happen to your arrow in navigation apps, if it takes longer to fix GPS position - the arrow flies acros the map to correct location. But software arrow can`t crash, drone can.

BTW, I`m sorry if my reply sounded angry, really didn`t meant to sound like that.
2018-7-4
Use props
j2thafree
lvl.1

United States

Just wanted to say thank you for all of the knowledge gained from experienced pilots here. I have an update after sending my Mavic Air in. DJI only took a day for the damage assessment and promptly determined that I was not at fault and will be repairing/replacing it at no cost to me. Below is a timeline summary of my communications with DJI.

- Shipped to DJI repair center on 6/27
- Received confirmation that the repair center received my drone on 6/29, battery, gimbal protector, and SD Card (whoops I left it in..)
- Was communicated that a damage assessment was in process on 6/30
- DJI reached out on 7/1 to let me know that my Mavic Air sent back qualifies for repair under warranty. Repair will be finished within three to six business days. They will be either a repaired or good as new
    aircraft and battery at no cost to me.
- Currently awaiting my Craft to be repaired and returned.

I'll have to say I was worried from reading some other threads that DJI Support would be difficult to work with but I experienced the opposite. They were quick to respond and took care of everything without any hassle at all.
2018-7-5
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

j2thafree Posted at 2018-7-5 07:40
Just wanted to say thank you for all of the knowledge gained from experienced pilots here. I have an update after sending my Mavic Air in. DJI only took a day for the damage assessment and promptly determined that I was not at fault and will be repairing/replacing it at no cost to me. Below is a timeline summary of my communications with DJI.

- Shipped to DJI repair center on 6/27

I'll have to say I was worried from reading some other threads that DJI Support would be difficult to work with but I experienced the opposite. They were quick to respond and took care of everything without any hassle at all.

Just want to let you know,,,,, you'll find a lot of that here. Do yourself a favor and learn slowly, short flights with trying a few things out each time. Believe about 1/8th, no more like 1/1000000th of the stuff you read here. Most often is is well intended, but misplaced. Good luck on your adventure. You are your best teacher! Watch a lot of youtube videos of the different flight modes and settings for your MA. They carry a lot of weight because you can see first hand the results. Use this site for updates and information from DJI.
2018-7-5
Use props
Paige Adams
lvl.1

j2thafree Posted at 2018-7-5 07:40
Just wanted to say thank you for all of the knowledge gained from experienced pilots here. I have an update after sending my Mavic Air in. DJI only took a day for the damage assessment and promptly determined that I was not at fault and will be repairing/replacing it at no cost to me. Below is a timeline summary of my communications with DJI.

- Shipped to DJI repair center on 6/27

Thanks for the update! I had very nearly the exact same experience as you. Hard lesson learned for me on Day 2 with the Mavic — always check for good GPS lock before take off.

In my case, the MA flew backwards about 25 feet into a shrub, afterwards displaying multiple errors. Sent it in for repair on 7/2, arrived at repair facility on 7/7, and received an update on 7/8 that the damage assessment was complete and I should be getting an invoice within the next few business days. I'm fully expecting this to NOT be a warranty repair, but maybe I'll get a nice surprise.

I'm looking forward to getting back in the air. It's killing me to be drone-less with the perfect flying conditions we've been having the last few days. Now, hopefully I'll be a bit smarter in piloting.
2018-7-8
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules