Gimbal Motor Overload
957 5 2018-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kmastro66
lvl.3
United States

About 5 minutes into a flight, I got a "Gimbal Motor Overload" warning.  Camera began shaking and the drone wouldn't respond to stick controls.  It hovered in place so it didn't crash.  I tapped on the warning and then closed and returned to the main screen.  Pressed the RTH button but still no responce but was finally able to gain control and land the drone but the camera was still shaking.  I only adjusted the camera up and down less than a half dozen times, so don't know why it would overload.  My wife and I were on a fishing trip and lost about 70% of the video.  I flew the drone the next day and it worked fine but since this was a long planned trip and lost video, it really angered me.  My old Phantom 3 Standard never had issues.  Anyone know why this would happen and is this a known issue with the MA?
2018-6-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Thank you for reaching DJI Forum, We do apologize if you are having issues with your DJI Mavic Air. You mentioned that you lost 70% of the video, may we ask what is the brand or make of your mobile device? For the Gimbal Motor Overload problem, may we ask when was the last firmware update you performed?
2018-6-25
Use props
kmastro66
lvl.3
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-6-25 08:29
Thank you for reaching DJI Forum, We do apologize if you are having issues with your DJI Mavic Air. You mentioned that you lost 70% of the video, may we ask what is the brand or make of your mobile device? For the Gimbal Motor Overload problem, may we ask when was the last firmware update you performed?

Thank you for the quick response.  I didn't actually lose the video but it is unusable as the camera is bouncing around.  I use an iPad Mini 4.  The firmware would have been last updated when I would have opened the DJI GO 4 app.  I always update the firmware through the app so it's probably the latest version.
2018-6-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

kmastro66 Posted at 2018-6-25 09:13
Thank you for the quick response.  I didn't actually lose the video but it is unusable as the camera is bouncing around.  I use an iPad Mini 4.  The firmware would have been last updated when I would have opened the DJI GO 4 app.  I always update the firmware through the app so it's probably the latest version.

Hi, thank you for that information, if it did have the latest firmware then you may have to calibrate the gimbal. May i ask as well if you crashed or did have a hard landings before?
2018-6-25
Use props
kmastro66
lvl.3
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-6-25 09:17
Hi, thank you for that information, if it did have the latest firmware then you may have to calibrate the gimbal. May i ask as well if you crashed or did have a hard landings before?

I've never had a crash or hard landing with it.  I will try re-calibrating the gimbal.

Thank you very much
2018-6-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

kmastro66 Posted at 2018-6-25 09:23
I've never had a crash or hard landing with it.  I will try re-calibrating the gimbal.

Thank you very much

No worries.
2018-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules