Record and Picture/Shutter buttons stop responding.
745 9 2018-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wesflan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1526158 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello,

I recently began having an issue with my M200 with a X4S camera on it.  The system appears to start, launch and fly as it should.  However, when I begin capturing footage either video or still images, after a few minutes of normal operation, neither the record button or shutter button will respond.  The only way I have been able to get it to start capturing again is to power cycle the aircraft.  I noticed the other day there was a new firmware release that I hoped would resolve it, however, it had not effect.  Everthing I believe is current on firmware, and it will capture but stop responding at no set time from starting, so no pattern that I can see.

I was not sure, but it has been in the mid to high 90's in north Texas with very high humidity, so not sure this might affect it?

2018-6-25
Use props
Jdouglas9
lvl.2
United States

Having similar issue with XT2, although it never has taken a picture straight out of the box
2018-6-28
Use props
AIRAMATIC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 643041 ft
United Kingdom

Have you installed any software onto tablet?
I would start with a refresh on that... That's what I fine and my issues went away
2018-6-28
Use props
wesflan
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

AIRAMATIC,  I am using a DJI Crystal Sky.  I have not had any issues with it the Crystal Sky and my Phantom 4 Pro, but I can try that.
2018-6-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi wesflan, sorry for the troubles with M200 and X4S, how about taking photo/video via RC? Have you tried with the mobile device and what is the firmware of the CrystalSky?
2018-6-29
Use props
wesflan
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Hello DJI Mindy,
Those are actually the buttons I normally use on the RC to capture video and images.  For some reason them just stop responding.  No, I have not tried it with my iPad mini or anything like that.  The DJI CrystalSky firmware version is Screenshot_2018-06-29-20-06-01.png
2018-6-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

wesflan Posted at 2018-6-29 04:11
Hello DJI Mindy,
Those are actually the buttons I normally use on the RC to capture video and images.  For some reason them just stop responding.  No, I have not tried it with my iPad mini or anything like that.  The DJI CrystalSky firmware version is [view_image][view_image]

Thanks for the firmware info, in order to locate the problem, could you please try a mobile device to see if the issue persists just in case it is related to the CrystalSky? Thanks in advance.
2018-6-30
Use props
wesflan
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Hey DJI Mindy,

So I tried with my iPad.  Funny thing is, that after I updated the firmware the other day on everything, all of a sudden the FPV view was not showing anything but a clear box with the DJI Crystal Sky.  But when I used the iPad it was working fine.  But I got the same results with it.  After a few pushes of shutter button, then video button, then shutter button, it acts as though there is no camera.  The only thing that will get it working again is power cycling the aircraft.  Then it works for a few attempts then will not respond.  I was just about to order an XT2, but until this is resolved I don't think I should.  Thanks for your help in advance.
Is there a possiblity that it is something with the X4S camera?  It never stops working/sending image to screen but I have only had it for about a month.
2018-7-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

wesflan Posted at 2018-7-1 17:02
Hey DJI Mindy,

So I tried with my iPad.  Funny thing is, that after I updated the firmware the other day on everything, all of a sudden the FPV view was not showing anything but a clear box with the DJI Crystal Sky.  But when I used the iPad it was working fine.  But I got the same results with it.  After a few pushes of shutter button, then video button, then shutter button, it acts as though there is no camera.  The only thing that will get it working again is power cycling the aircraft.  Then it works for a few attempts then will not respond.  I was just about to order an XT2, but until this is resolved I don't think I should.  Thanks for your help in advance.

For the FPV issue, we have been aware of this and will get it sorted out in the next DJI Go 4 of CrystalSky. Currently, you can downgrade the CrystalSky to the previous version via SD card.
For the shutter/video issue, we have forward it to our engineers for further analysis, I will come back to you soon.
2018-7-2
Use props
wesflan
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy,

I am unable to find a link to download previous versions.  Can you reply with a link please?

Wes
2018-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules