Ronin M - camera upside down in UPRIGHT mode?
7537 2 2015-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flophouse
lvl.1

Canada

I'm hoping someone can clarify this for me prior to my buying an M. I was looking at the Came TV 7800 to purchase, that was until DJI released the price for the Ronin M which is pretty much the same as the 7800 but the Ronin M is built much better. My only concern (aside from no thumb stick control on the M, which is included on the 7800) is that from what I've seen in review videos the Ronin M holds the camera upside down when in upright mode. The 7800 holds the camera in the normal position in the same upright mode. That seems like a pain in the butt to have to film upside down and then flip in editing. Can anyone confirm this is true about the M? Thank you.

2015-5-17
Use props
johnmont250
lvl.3

United States

i think that is the case.  when i flip it forward like it says in the manual, thats the only way.  and when i look close at their fancy pictures the camera is indeed upside down.  not a huge deal as long as you can flup your monitor.    i found it strange though too.  i would prefer to just spin the camera 180deg.
2015-5-17
Use props
adion
New

Sweden

Hey Flophouse. It is indeed upside down as I just received mine today. But I feel you will find the quality far outweights the annoyance of having to correct this issue in post.

Perhaps you need to buy a faster computer to handle this?

Cheers,
Adn
2015-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules