Mavic Air: is there a way to get 120 fps footage to tag as 24 fps instead of 30?
2426 11 2018-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Grapejuice Pix
lvl.2
United States

I absolutely love that it tags the 120 fps footage as 30 fps so I can see it in slow motion without having to do anything to it.

Having said that, I shoot in 24fps. I’m a filmmaker, I got the Mavic to be able to add drone shots to my films, and I also just think 24 looks better than 30.

Obviously when I drop the 120/30 fps footage into a 24 fps sequence I just have to render it and it’s fine. But I have an old computer and the less rendering I have to do the better.

So is there a way? Thanks!
2018-6-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14177772 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not that I'm aware of but would be good to know.
2018-6-25
Use props
TexasAerials
Second Officer
Flight distance : 566952 ft

shoot at 96fps?  it would give you the same 4/1 slowdown ability and you wouldn't have to use optical flow to interpret the out-of-time frames.  
2018-6-25
Use props
TexasAerials
Second Officer

Just remembered that another youtuber posted a video about how to make the spark 30fps video work better in a 24fps timeline.  He suggested that you could drop your 30fps video into the timeline and set it to play at 80% of original speed, which would make the 30fps line up with the 24fps timeline, while giving the video a bit more of a cinematic quality.  
2018-6-25
Use props
Grapejuice Pix
lvl.2
United States

TexasAerials Posted at 2018-6-25 11:00
Just remembered that another youtuber posted a video about how to make the spark 30fps video work better in a 24fps timeline.  He suggested that you could drop your 30fps video into the timeline and set it to play at 80% of original speed, which would make the 30fps line up with the 24fps timeline, while giving the video a bit more of a cinematic quality.

Thanks for your suggestions. I’m more worried about having less rendering time than anything else to be honest. That’s why I was hoping there was a setting you could change or something.
2018-6-25
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Grapejuice Pix Posted at 2018-6-25 11:07
Thanks for your suggestions. I’m more worried about having less rendering time than anything else to be honest. That’s why I was hoping there was a setting you could change or something.

If your using Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018 for your video editing you can change the 'Sequence Settings' to whatever frame rate you want it to be.  

2018-6-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14177772 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TexasAerials Posted at 2018-6-25 11:00

That's good to know too - thanks for sharing  
2018-6-25
Use props
TexasAerials
Second Officer

That is probably the easiest way to do it without adding a ton of render time with optical flow.  
2018-6-25
Use props
Grapejuice Pix
lvl.2
United States

RGMGFitness Posted at 2018-6-25 11:16
If your using Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018 for your video editing you can change the 'Sequence Settings' to whatever frame rate you want it to be.  

[view_image]

Usually I’m dropping a slow motion shot into a 24 fps sequence. Thanks though.
2018-6-25
Use props
TheFrenchDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3687441 ft
  • >>>
France

I think there's not much solutions because rendering time depends a lot of the power of your computer. For a smooth editing you can use proxies (works on FCPX and PP) but it won't change anything when you want to export your video later.  
2018-6-26
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

As far I know the only way of doing what you want is to remux the video with the new (desired) fps. This does not touch the video stream, only effects the container. So it is much much faster than re-encoding, and there is no generation loss. You can use something like "mkvmerge" if you are comfortable with using the mkv container...

PS: You can remux to any container you choose of course, none being preferable over the other for the intended purpose...

2018-6-26
Use props
abuttig
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75912 ft
Mexico

Conform your 120fps footage to 24fps and then choose create sequence from clip and you will have slow motion 120 fps on a 24fps timeline.
2020-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules