Samy's Camera via phone: "Shipments stopped due to errors"
1043 6 2018-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
_hamilton
lvl.1
United States

While I await any sort of update from B&H on my May 30th pre-order, I have been calling local shops to see if they've received stock of any kind.   Samy's Camera is a local favorite and they have told me, over the phone, that DJI has stopped sending out shipments because the Ronin-S has been facing technical issues.
Is this true and/or has anyone heard of this? I can't find any true source for this information, but there does appear to be a lot of "common complaints" from folks on YouTube, ranging from the inability to quickly adjust for balance without scratching the rods, the "lock/unlock" levers not showing a full range of motion, and the grip battery button being a nuisance.

Really, really want this thing and am trying to figure out how quicky.
2018-6-25
Use props
_hamilton
lvl.1
United States

Update: I just got off the phone with the official DJI Store in Costa Mesa, CA and the salesman who answered the phone more-or-less confirms this.  He was notified by the warehouse that all shipments have been halted, although he couldn't/wouldn't specify why.
2018-6-25
Use props
NCP
lvl.2
United States

Interesting. Hopefully if that's true, those of us that already received ours will be able to send it in to get a new one with any possible issues fixed.
2018-6-25
Use props
hmltn
lvl.1
United States

NCP Posted at 2018-6-25 13:03
Interesting. Hopefully if that's true, those of us that already received ours will be able to send it in to get a new one with any possible issues fixed.

Out of curiosity, where did you order from (and when)?
2018-6-25
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Don't be alarmed. It was a tolerance issue with the affixing screw for the camera plate. This screw needs to slide in the slotted hole and some screws were found to be made with tolerances too tight. Screw packs have been sent to dealers. If you've received your Ronin-S and didn't have a problem with the screw sliding in the slotted hole, then you're not affected.
2018-6-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry for the inconvenience, 5# is the reply from our engineers. If there is anything else we can help, feel free to contact us or DJI Support here: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-6-27
Use props
fanscff97fdc
lvl.1

well how come you don't announce something like this to everyone who has ordered one? You have to comb through your forums to get information?!?!
2018-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules