OPEN LETTER OF COMPLAINT
1134 10 2018-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
photo_tal
lvl.2
United Kingdom

So today DJI have reached a new low with the quality of their customer service.  

I have had a catalogue of broken promises and misinformation from DJI.  After weeks of issues I finally got a promise of a new aircraft. What was delivered was my old aircraft repaired despite several emails requesting a new one and being explicitly promised a new one.  I have since started testing the repaired aircraft and experienced a few anomalies with it but am prepared to continue testing it before it goes back for the new one I was promised.  

Anyway for "All the inconvenience" DJI promised to send me a battery.  It arrived today.  here is my reply to DJI support:

Hi Stefan

So I arrived home from work this evening to find the battery via UPS was delivered.

I AM ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED. THE BATTERY YOU SENT ME ISNT NEW. ITS USED AND SCRATCHED!

After everything you have put me through this is how you plan on completing the catalogue of deplorably poor customer service?

What a shambles. I want an apology from the head of European support. Whoever is your top most manager with a full explanations for how you can justify this (and I will be verifying the contact details from whoever writes to me).

Absolutely appalling. Below is the picture of the battery as it arrived after un packing. Sorry to get rude but what the hell sort of a company is this.

Do you think I would risk using a battery with these marks on that I have no idea about the prior history. Has it been in an accident? How many times has it been charged? Will it hold its charge? The battery is a pretty important component in an aircraft I would say!

I am going to hand my entire file over to trading standards unless you can send me a brand new battery before the end of the business day tomorrow. It will be really interesting to see how they interpret the terrible run of events I have had to experience with DJI as I believe they have the ability to stop you trading in the uk if you are deemed to be misspelling products as you have a contractual obligation under EU law to provide goods that are fit for purpose.

I am still testing the aircraft (got time for a quick test flight at  the weekend) so I am still debating whether that will need to go back for the NEW replacement you originally promised me.

Used Battery

Used Battery

2018-6-25
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Did you know the DJI warranty doesn't promise a new replacement - but rather a repaired replacement?  Sorry for your troubles.  
2018-6-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

I am sorry for the inconvenience and for the trouble cause. Can you provide me the case number so that I can help you out.
2018-6-25
Use props
photo_tal
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-6-25 11:38
Did you know the DJI warranty doesn't promise a new replacement - but rather a repaired replacement?  Sorry for your troubles.

For brevity, I didn't go into too much detail.  Turns out I received 3 DOA drones from DJI (well two from Amazon, one from DJI).  So the 4th (well 3rd one return repaired), was from New, so based on the horrendous experience I had, I managed to get a promise of a new aircraft, seeing as that is what I paid for originally (the 3rd one - sent as new from DJI store) I had for 24 hours, never flown, died after firmware update (also turned out it had a misshapen gimbal housing - which was sent like that from the DJI store as was only carefully taken out of it's box to do the firmware update). This was confirmed and agreed by DJI, at which point they finally agreed to send me a NEW aircraft and a complimentary battery as way of an apology for the distaster that was their customer service) that was when they sent me back my old aircraft repaired instead of new. They FORGOT to send me the battery, and today it arrived damaged as shown by the photo.  D'Oh!  
2018-6-25
Use props
photo_tal
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-6-25 11:42
I am sorry for the inconvenience and for the trouble cause. Can you provide me the case number so that I can help you out.

CAS-1919036-Y4J6K0

Good luck with helping me out. So far no one from DJI has been able to!  Would love to think you could help!
2018-6-25
Use props
photo_tal
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Sorry I didn't acknowledge your sympathy for my troubles.  Got a bit of a rage on here, based on everything that's happened.   Thank you, I appreciate it.
2018-6-25
Use props
photo_tal
lvl.2
United Kingdom

This was the email I received asking for verification that I receive a new replacement (before they promptly sent me back my old one repaired - was the same aircraft, same serial number):

Hi there,

I understand your concern. I have requested, and it has been accepted, to change your craft for a new one. Your battery is also approved.
2018-6-25
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Good luck!
2018-6-25
Use props
photo_tal
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thank you. I'm hoping to use the forum for more constructive posts should I ever get it sorted and have a properly working aircraft.  I'll post back here with the result, once DJI have replied properly to me.
2018-6-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

photo_tal Posted at 2018-6-25 11:47
CAS-1919036-Y4J6K0

Good luck with helping me out. So far no one from DJI has been able to!  Would love to think you could help!

We sympathize with your situation and sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience with our repair center, your complaint has been escalated again to the designated department for attention, we will have someone to keep following up your case and contact you about the next resolution, please sit tight and wait patiently, sorry again for the trouble caused.
2018-6-25
Use props
3VP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 165945 ft

photo_tal Posted at 2018-6-25 12:46
Thank you. I'm hoping to use the forum for more constructive posts should I ever get it sorted and have a properly working aircraft.  I'll post back here with the result, once DJI have replied properly to me.

Good luck getting DJI to reply properly...
2018-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules