Spark Controller Isn't Working
10941 28 2018-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cookie22
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53930 ft

I'm having trouble with my Spark Controller not working. When I go through the process if pairing the remote with the drone, it will act like it pairs, but then immediately the indicator on the controller will flash red and green constantly and the controller beeps very loudly. In the app I can see the camera output and tell the Spark to take off, but the sticks don't do anything. Has anyone else seen this behavior? How do I fix it? Thanks.
2018-6-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. I am sorry that you are having this issue on your DJI Spark Remote Controller. May I know what is the mobile device that you are using?
2018-6-25
Use props
Cookie22
lvl.2

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-6-25 11:59
Hi. I am sorry that you are having this issue on your DJI Spark Remote Controller. May I know what is the mobile device that you are using?

I'm using a Google Pixel XL, but the issue doesn't seem to be related to my phone at all. The issue seems to be with pairing the controller to the Spark.
2018-6-25
Use props
Mark Cavaz
New
Flight distance : 1490 ft
Italy

Buonasera,
uso questo topic per provare a sottoporvi un problema in italiano prima di farlo in inglese.
Avevo uno spark Combo acquistato in vacanza a Singapore, nelle Filippine durante il volo il drone è improvvisamente andato in ATTI-mode schiantandosi prima contro una pietra e dopo in mare, Amen drone rotto e via. Ho tenuto così i componenti della versione combo e ho acquistato un altro drone nuovo.

Il problema è che non riesco a connettere il nuovo drone con il telecomando(del combo con il drone andato) e il cellulare. Ho provato tutti i tutorial presenti su internet, mi si collegano telecomando e drone, e infatti posso muovere il gimbal, ma dopo non riesco a collegare il telefono con il drone per la telecamera perchè il wifi di entrambi i dispositivi sparisce e non sono rilevabili dal cellulare, i cavetti otg non mi funzionano(uno mi 'ricarica' il telecomando, l'altro non funzia ), il cellulare è un Xiaomi mi 4 Pro.
Preciso che se non uso il telecomando il drone, solo con il cellulare, funziona ma visto che ho il telecomando preferisco la soluzione più sicura.

Avete qualche suggerimento o qualche consiglio di prima mano?

Grazie a tutti
2018-6-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Cookie22 Posted at 2018-6-25 12:03
I'm using a Google Pixel XL, but the issue doesn't seem to be related to my phone at all. The issue seems to be with pairing the controller to the Spark.

Thank you for that information. I will be sending you an official DJI tutorial video link on how to link the RC to the Drone. Let us try to see this time if it will connect properly.

2018-6-25
Use props
Cookie22
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-6-25 12:52
Thank you for that information. I will be sending you an official DJI tutorial video link on how to link the RC to the Drone. Let us try to see this time if it will connect properly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOi9WiS-PF8

Thanks. I already tried both of those methods, but I went ahead and tried them again for completeness. Using either method, it looks like the remote pairs, but then it immediately starts to beep loudly and the indicator on the remote flashes rapidly between green and red.
2018-6-25
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

Cookie22 Posted at 2018-6-25 16:29
Thanks. I already tried both of those methods, but I went ahead and tried them again for completeness. Using either method, it looks like the remote pairs, but then it immediately starts to beep loudly and the indicator on the remote flashes rapidly between green and red.

The indicator flashing green and red means it can't find a clear channel to connect on.  All the wifi channels are in use or too noisy to use.  Switch to 5.8ghz.  To get 5.8ghz, you might have to do all the NFZ data updates.  
2018-6-25
Use props
Cookie22
lvl.2

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-6-25 17:51
The indicator flashing green and red means it can't find a clear channel to connect on.  All the wifi channels are in use or too noisy to use.  Switch to 5.8ghz.  To get 5.8ghz, you might have to do all the NFZ data updates.

I can assure you that's not the issue. I was in the middle of nowhere when I first started having this issue... no WiFi anywhere except for the Spark and the Controller.
2018-6-25
Use props
Cookie22
lvl.2

I actually got it working, but it wasn't through any of the methods above. I connected the Spark to the controller, then even though it was flashing red and green and beeping loudly, I launched the app and went into the settings menu. Under "Remote Controller Settings" I clicked on "Remote Controller Linking" at the bottom of these options and then while it was counting down I pressed the power button the Spark until it beeped once. This seems to have forced it to reconnect again with everything working as I would expect it to!
2018-6-25
Use props
blueice007
lvl.2
Flight distance : 432264 ft

Hong Kong

Have you tried to calibrate the  RC sticks with DJI GO4?
2018-6-26
Use props
Cookie22
lvl.2

blueice007 Posted at 2018-6-26 00:04
Have you tried to calibrate the  RC sticks with DJI GO4?

Not since getting it working, but when it was still having that issue I did. I could see the sticks moving around in the calibration screen, but it wouldn't actually move on to the next step.
2018-6-26
Use props
ADM-Frank
lvl.4
Flight distance : 257428 ft
Mexico

Cookie22 Posted at 2018-6-25 18:20
I actually got it working, but it wasn't through any of the methods above. I connected the Spark to the controller, then even though it was flashing red and green and beeping loudly, I launched the app and went into the settings menu. Under "Remote Controller Settings" I clicked on "Remote Controller Linking" at the bottom of these options and then while it was counting down I pressed the power button the Spark until it beeped once. This seems to have forced it to reconnect again with everything working as I would expect it to!

Hello friend
Could you upload a video or photos of the procedure?
2018-6-28
Use props
Cookie22
lvl.2

ADM-Frank Posted at 2018-6-28 14:31
Hello friend
Could you upload a video or photos of the procedure?

It looks like I was mistaken. I just tried it again and I'm having the same error, but now that process isn't working to fix it. I really think my remote is busted.
2018-6-28
Use props
Cookie22
lvl.2

Cookie22 Posted at 2018-6-28 17:22
It looks like I was mistaken. I just tried it again and I'm having the same error, but now that process isn't working to fix it. I really think my remote is busted.

It says "Linking Complete", but then the remote just keeps beeping, the light keeps flashing, and I still can't fly it.
2018-6-28
Use props
ADM-Frank
lvl.4
Mexico

Cookie22 Posted at 2018-6-28 17:29
It says "Linking Complete", but then the remote just keeps beeping, the light keeps flashing, and I still can't fly it.

I also have the same problem with the rc, I have tried all the options, the only thing I have not done is downgrade the app, OS: android 7
2018-6-28
Use props
ADM-Frank
lvl.4
Mexico

Cookie22 Posted at 2018-6-28 17:29

The problem I have is similar to the one shown in the video, I tried this method but it has not worked, I hope it works for you.

2018-6-28
Use props
Cookie22
lvl.2
United States

Cookie22 Posted at 2018-6-26 04:41
Not since getting it working, but when it was still having that issue I did. I could see the sticks moving around in the calibration screen, but it wouldn't actually move on to the next step.

Well, since the problem is persisting. I went back to trying to calibrate the remote on the off chance that's the issue and I can't get it to calibrate! I see the squares on the calibration screen and I see the blue target dot, but when I move there nothing happens!
2018-6-29
Use props
BrilhasMuito
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3745554 ft
Brazil

Cookie22 Posted at 2018-6-29 18:45
Well, since the problem is persisting. I went back to trying to calibrate the remote on the off chance that's the issue and I can't get it to calibrate! I see the squares on the calibration screen and I see the blue target dot, but when I move there nothing happens!

Are you using an OTG cable?
2018-6-29
Use props
Cookie22
lvl.2
United States

BrilhasMuito Posted at 2018-6-29 18:55
Are you using an OTG cable?

No, I'm not using an OTG cable, just connecting to the controller via WiFi.
2018-7-1
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

Cookie22 Posted at 2018-7-1 18:18
No, I'm not using an OTG cable, just connecting to the controller via WiFi.

Are your NFZ updates all done?  Something in that relm was causing my issues with the red/green LED blinking.  When I updated the NFZ the first time it gave me channel options, then I switched to 5.8ghz.  Now it connects reliably.  Until I updated the NFZ, I couldn't select the channels or band.

Could your phone be connecting to the Spark and knocking off the remote controller's pairing to the drone?  The Spark only marries one device or the other.  It is a loyal partner that ignores the controller or phone once paired to one.

When new, I thought both the phone and the remote connected to the Spark instead of just the remote.  I also thought it was easy to switch between them.  Nope.  Now I only use the remote.
2018-7-1
Use props
Cookie22
lvl.2
United States

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-7-1 19:37
Are your NFZ updates all done?  Something in that relm was causing my issues with the red/green LED blinking.  When I updated the NFZ the first time it gave me channel options, then I switched to 5.8ghz.  Now it connects reliably.  Until I updated the NFZ, I couldn't select the channels or band.

Could your phone be connecting to the Spark and knocking off the remote controller's pairing to the drone?  The Spark only marries one device or the other.  It is a loyal partner that ignores the controller or phone once paired to one.

Yes, everything is up to date. I can connect to the phone or controller and DJI Go 4 tells me that everything is up to date.

I can pair the phone directly to the spark and it works fine. When I try to pair with the controller using DJI's procedure (hold the button for six seconds until the spark beeps twice, then press the button combination on the controller), that's when I have issues.

I agree that that switching between the two is a little more complicated than it should be, but once you get the hang of it, it works fine (or at least it used to until I started having this issue).
2018-7-2
Use props
Cookie22
lvl.2
United States

Well, I got it working. As some of the others mentioned above, the rapid red and green blinking indicates that the controller needs to be calibrated. Unfortunately, the calibration wouldn't work with my phone or my wife's (Pixel XL and Pixel 2 XL) as neither of these are on the list of compatible devices. I ended up borrowing an iPAD from a family member then running the calibration. After that it's working as expected again.
2018-7-6
Use props
ADS.C
New
Cambodia

My remote was fallen. It then having the problem like in this thread.

- remote connect with drone.
- App could connect with remote
- can see picture from the app.
- can't control the camera
- can't control the drone.
And having the beep loud non stop.

I believe it is about the stick calibration that make the remote beeping error to self protecting the controller and the flight.

So, once enter the calibration, doing all the steps, the problem will be solved.

2018-10-9
Use props
UnsatisfiedUser
New

Poland

ADS.C Posted at 2018-10-9 15:24
My remote was fallen. It then having the problem like in this thread.

- remote connect with drone.

How to complete RC calibration when it does not work? I'm following the blue circle but I'm unable to go to the next step. I tried multiple times.
2019-2-17
Use props
djiuser_pN4xIcVVqHEn
New
Flight distance : 1240699 ft
Australia

My remote won't turn on at all unless it's plugged in to a power point?? Any ideas!!?? Is it fucked or is there a trick?
2019-7-19
Use props
djiuser_CeRAFvM4XNCG
New

Bangladesh

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-6-25 11:59
Hi. I am sorry that you are having this issue on your DJI Spark Remote Controller. May I know what is the mobile device that you are using?

i cant connect controller to the dji spark.what should i do?
2019-11-7
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

djiuser_CeRAFvM4XNCG Posted at 11-7 04:23
i cant connect controller to the dji spark.what should i do?

2019-11-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI Spark. Please try to link the said drone to see if the issue will still persist. Kindly please follow that official DJI tutorial video on how to properly link the DJI Spark posted on 27# by S-e-ven. Please keep us posted on the said issue for us to be able to assist you further. Thank you.
2019-11-8
Use props
jonatan muñiz
New

Argentina

hola!!!
encontré la solución!! al menos a mi me funciono! desintale la aplicación actualizada del dji go 4 y me descargue desde google la aplicacion dji go version 4.1.5, luego conecte el joystick con el cable a mi celular y al fin conecto!!! espero les sirva.
2019-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules