Camera
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1dd815b8
New

United States

Is it possible to put a std camera on a pro?
2018-6-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

No ... they aren't compatible
2018-6-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. However, we do not recommend to replace the camera of the Phantom 4 pro because it may void the warranty of your drone and also it is not guaranteed that it will be compatible with the aircraft.
2018-6-26
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

P3P cams are not compatible with P3S cams.
2018-10-18
Use props
vivbz
New

Brazil

My Phantom 3 SE is recording only 9:05 minutes per file and then it starts another, automatically. Is it normal? Does anybody now why? I'm using a Sandisk Extreme 32GB and recording in 4K resolution.
2018-10-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

vivbz Posted at 2018-10-30 12:07
My Phantom 3 SE is recording only 9:05 minutes per file and then it starts another, automatically. Is it normal? Does anybody now why? I'm using a Sandisk Extreme 32GB and recording in 4K resolution.

It is not to do with the time length, it is the file size. The camera splits the file at the 4 Gigabyte boundary and it continues on in the next file. And yes, it is normal, and no, you cannot get around it. DJI intend for it to do that. There was a reason for limiting the file size that had to do with import duty on imported cameras, but it is largely irrelevant now.
2018-10-30
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-10-30 14:58
It is not to do with the time length, it is the file size. The camera splits the file at the 4 Gigabyte boundary and it continues on in the next file. And yes, it is normal, and no, you cannot get around it. DJI intend for it to do that. There was a reason for limiting the file size that had to do with import duty on imported cameras, but it is largely irrelevant now.

Interesting.  I never knew that.  I assumed it was a technical issue.  Thanks for the info
2018-10-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-10-30 15:13
Interesting.  I never knew that.  I assumed it was a technical issue.  Thanks for the info

People make the mistake of thinking it has to do with the old FAT32 File Allocation Table format, which limited maximum file sizes to under 4GB, but recent DJI aircraft can use ExFAT, which goes above that limit, yet the file split is still there. DJI also say it limits that size of file so you don't lose a lot of material if you have a SD card problem, but it has more to do with the import duty avoidance.
2018-10-30
Use props
vivbz
New

Brazil

Geebax Posted at 2018-10-30 14:58
It is not to do with the time length, it is the file size. The camera splits the file at the 4 Gigabyte boundary and it continues on in the next file. And yes, it is normal, and no, you cannot get around it. DJI intend for it to do that. There was a reason for limiting the file size that had to do with import duty on imported cameras, but it is largely irrelevant now.

Thank you for the information, I really thought it was an issue with my dji.
2018-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules